Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default EXCLUSIVE: Marvel NOW! Minimates Unleash Wolverine, Old Man Logan, Deadpool 2099 & More

Check out the first look at Miles Morales, Silk, Venom Space Knight and more of Marvel Comics heroes in Minimate form.

Full article here.

Where did they get the design for that Spider-Gwen?

Nice. I always wanted some affordable figures. And with affordable I mean figures that don't cost me 100+ dollars which I just cannot justify even though I have that money.
    As someone who is not living in the US I hope the rest of the world doesn't have to pay a premium for them though.
    "This is me being reasonable"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Nice. I always wanted some affordable figures. And with affordable I mean figures that don't cost me 100+ dollars which I just cannot justify even though I have that money.
    As someone who is not living in the US I hope the rest of the world doesn't have to pay a premium for them though.
    As an international and longtime Minimate collector, there's one store that ships worldwide and is specifically a MM retailer. It's called LukesToyStore. It ships worldwide, it has great prices, they ship loose for less fees, and the guy who has it is a longtime member of the community and a great sport.

As for the assortment, it's great for new fans, but for me it's dissapointing. Eh, I guess Space-Venom looks cool. I'll get them since I'm a completionist, but, yeah...

Okay, instead of yet another Deadpool/Iron Man/Wolverine/Spider-Man, could we get something else? Like specifically a Moon Knight 3-pack with all 3 of his aspects (classic hooded MK, white suited Mr. Knight, bird skull mummy suit MK)? Because need that. Also, a Brother Voodoo minimate would be appreciated
    currently reading: Dept. H, Hellboy in Hell, Kaijumax, Moon Knight

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

New X-Men toys? Gee I thought they were "banned." I guess those are really toys of Inhumans.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch by Night View Post
    Okay, instead of yet another Deadpool/Iron Man/Wolverine/Spider-Man, could we get something else? Like specifically a Moon Knight 3-pack with all 3 of his aspects (classic hooded MK, white suited Mr. Knight, bird skull mummy suit MK)? Because need that. Also, a Brother Voodoo minimate would be appreciated
    I've asked. Lots and lots of times. There's a Minimate Forum and a DST representative drops by from time to time. There's also a monthly Minimate Q&A. But, yeah, 2 years later, and they don't seem to want to make a Moon Knight. They don't make 3-Packs though, just waved of 8 and 4-Packs. Back in the day they made super obscure stuff like Stilt-Man, but nowadays they're playing it more safe.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    New X-Men toys? Gee I thought they were "banned." I guess those are really toys of Inhumans.
    Well, DST is a special case. They released an X-Men vs Brotherhood wave last year, and have a GSXM one slated for fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthkostis View Post
    I've asked. Lots and lots of times. There's a Minimate Forum and a DST representative drops by from time to time. There's also a monthly Minimate Q&A. But, yeah, 2 years later, and they don't seem to want to make a Moon Knight. They don't make 3-Packs though, just waved of 8 and 4-Packs. Back in the day they made super obscure stuff like Stilt-Man, but nowadays they're playing it more safe.
    Yeah, I guess I should just be happy that we're getting a Man-Thing minimate later this year, because that's pretty awesome.

Since I began reading comics just as these heroes premiered alot of these characters has my interest. Most of all Spider-Gwen (which I wish they had her face covered with her mask as that's the true Spider-Woman but it felt like they looked at the fanarts that has her mask off and went with that area plus that face isn't the best as while Gwen does have sadness it's not really captured well in this figure her turmoil if that's what they were going for), All New Wolverine, and greatly Silk (I figure she will not get the same amount of toys like other heroes will get so this had my interest as Spider-Gwen, Ms Marvel, and Silk was my first three heroes that I read and loved and pull their series). Very upset to discover that Silk will be rare and base on my card playing days with Magic, Yugioh and Pokemon I learned the very hard way that if you want something rare just go to ebay or some retailer that sells them out of the packs to save your money and aggravation.

BANNED

Yeah, I guess I should just be happy that we're getting a Man-Thing minimate later this year, because that's pretty awesome.
    True that. I just wish we could see more Supernatural Marvel stuff, you know? The Strange Tales 4-Pack was excellent, but we haven't gotten a Ghost Rider since 2012! Let's just hope that Post-Dr. Strange Marvel starts pushing those characters harder.

I just want a Jessica Drew one in her new duds. That's all I ask.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

As an international and longtime Minimate collector, there's one store that ships worldwide and is specifically a MM retailer. It's called LukesToyStore. It ships worldwide, it has great prices, they ship loose for less fees, and the guy who has it is a longtime member of the community and a great sport.

As for the assortment, it's great for new fans, but for me it's dissapointing. Eh, I guess Space-Venom looks cool. I'll get them since I'm a completionist, but, yeah...
    Thanks. That's good to know.
    I will keep an eye out for that store when these figures are released.
    "This is me being reasonable"

True that. I just wish we could see more Supernatural Marvel stuff, you know? The Strange Tales 4-Pack was excellent, but we haven't gotten a Ghost Rider since 2012! Let's just hope that Post-Dr. Strange Marvel starts pushing those characters harder.
    Oh man, yes. A Legion of Monsters set would be awesome! Hellstrom, Ghost Rider, Voodoo, so many great characters that could be used. A Fin Fang From mate would be fine too...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Thanks. That's good to know.
    I will keep an eye out for that store when these figures are released.
    No problem. These are Blind Bags though, so you'll either have to test your luck, or just buy a case. A case costs about 80 $ for 18 figures (duplicates included). If you just want one or two figs though, it's better to scour ebay, or ask for help from a US collector.

Oh man, yes. A Legion of Monsters set would be awesome! Hellstrom, Ghost Rider, Voodoo, so many great characters that could be used. A Fin Fang From mate would be fine too...
    I know, right? They skipped the Zombies set this year, and I was sure that it meant that we'd be getting a LoM set, re-using the Man-Thing sculpt, but it turns out we're just getting 4-Packs based on the Netflix stuff. Which is cool and all, but, yeah... Honestly, I'm really perplexed by DST's choices as of late. This Old Man Logan you're saying, is out 3rd or 4th. They released an OML a couple of months ago. This Miles? Out 3rd identical one. Spider-Gwen? Our 2nd identical one. They're skipping characters like Moon Knight and Ghost Rider, saying that they're not big enough names, but then they go and release 2 Blizzards, Shanna the She-Devil and Deadpool 2099, who has 2 issues under her belt. I just don't know anymore...