Super Moderator

Default X-POSITION: Acker & Blacker Reveal Channing Tatum's Influence on "Deadpool v Gambit"

The "Deadpool v Gambit" writing team of Ben Acker & Ben Blacker answers your questions about the merc and the thief.

Full article here.

It was a fun X-Po. I hope I will enjoy this book tomorrow.

Inspiration from 21 Jump street or the moment when writers were not able to tell any Gambit story got me worried(((
    I hope they will handle Gambit right.

Hey Cullen,

Couple of questions for you

1. Earlier this year we saw the young mutant Hellion "attack" New Attlian, though it was much more violent demonstration of the ill effects of the Terrigen Mists on high powered psychic mutants, and after he stopped the Inhumans took him in for medical treatment. With Mag's leading the charge against New Attlian, how would he take the news that the Inhumans are holding a mutant and what does he think of Beast now working with the inhumans. Would Medusa and the pro-inhuman X-men try to use it against him?

2. How fun was it writing the Psylocke vs Fantomex fight? I loved how you managed to weave in all the development they've had over Rick and Si's runs on X-Force.

3. Random question: I saw an amazing fan art of Magneto vs Mecha-Godzilla, and it made me think of you. So who would win: Magneto or Godzilla? And can you con your pals over at IDW for a crossover?
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Very disappointed that nobody asked if these two characters were going to be making out with each other, very disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    Hey Cullen,

Couple of questions for you

1. Earlier this year we saw the young mutant Hellion "attack" New Attlian, though it was much more violent demonstration of the ill effects of the Terrigen Mists on high powered psychic mutants, and after he stopped the Inhumans took him in for medical treatment. With Mag's leading the charge against New Attlian, how would he take the news that the Inhumans are holding a mutant and what does he think of Beast now working with the inhumans. Would Medusa and the pro-inhuman X-men try to use it against him?

2. How fun was it writing the Psylocke vs Fantomex fight? I loved how you managed to weave in all the development they've had over Rick and Si's runs on X-Force.

3. Random question: I saw an amazing fan art of Magneto vs Mecha-Godzilla, and it made me think of you. So who would win: Magneto or Godzilla? And can you con your pals over at IDW for a crossover?
    Possibly not the correct thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Very disappointed that nobody asked if these two characters were going to be making out with each other, very disappointed.
    I still can't believe really.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiraiya View Post
    Possibly not the correct thread?
    i forgot we had to email them in...most of the time they usually ask for them in the thread lol
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

It was a fun expo, sounds like the writers had a lot of fun with the characters. They seem to understand them and that is a bonus. Looking forward to this mini and I really would like an ongoing from it but I guess only sales will tell if that happens or not.
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible to women." Gambit- ANXF #9
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro: Oliver and Company.

i forgot we had to email them in...most of the time they usually ask for them in the thread lol
    They usually put up a thread specific for that though, its usually not part of the new X-Po's story.
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible to women." Gambit- ANXF #9
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro: Oliver and Company.

ALSO RANDOM SIDEBAR:

does anyone know who is writing Death of X and who is tapped for interior art?
    Last edited by CGAR; 06-21-2016 at 04:59 PM.

Ahhhh cool. Keep an eye on the threads like Neko noted. When the next ask your questions for Bunn appears repost you questions so they can stand a chance at being selected. If you leave them here he's unlikely to see your questions.

Incredible Member

I enjoyed the Gambit solo a few years back. Hopefully this one will be just as fun.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    We'll have to wait for the sequel: "Deadpool/Gambit"

Really loved first issue!