Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jlgarsh View Post
    I hope Inhumans fail and Marvel decides to put effort back into the X-men, Fox hatred or not....
    The only way that happend is if their next relaunch fails miserably and they need to bring the big guns AKA the X men at full power to boost sales, I bet it'd be enough to become 25% of their total sales. Also if rebirth is succesful and takes sales away from marvel (my example, since I've sent all my pull list to DC)
    Last edited by somacula; 06-23-2016 at 06:56 PM.

If Inhumans fail, Marvel will just put more focus/effort/everything on their other franchises that are not the X-Men.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    If Inhumans fail, Marvel will just put more focus/effort/everything on their other franchises that are not the X-Men.
    Like the spiders books that are failing, (spider verse and spider woman who?)?
    Red wolf solo?
    Mockingbird solo?
    Starbrand and literally who?
    Black Knight?
    Illuminati?
    Cho Hulk that has the best artist in the market?
    New avengers failure that's being kep afloat by CW II?
    BP that sells 250k only because the retailers had to orders extra ones to get rare variants of Poe dameron solo that peoplo actually want to read(die industry die!)?
    Uncanny avengers that sells almost the same as ANXM with 2 events and has deadpool, captain america, spider man and god know what else big sellers vs the ANXM having a bunch of nobodies except for a younger Cyclops and a younger wolverine with boobs and doesn't even have decent writing?
    All new all different avengers that has characters promoted through solo and a free issue that was handled for about 1M copies vs ANXM that has a unch of nobodies a bad writing?
    A force that tanked horribly after issue 2?
    DO I need to keep going?

Oh wait for it
    wait for it
    wait for it
    Body snatcher inhuman that's a diverse character and aslo turned cap into a Nazi, I don't know how's that supossed to sell

X men sells without even trying and has a loyal fanabse, alienating that fanabse with terrigen mists and insulting us is not gonna suddenly make all the other titles sell more, it's gonna keep the X men stronger than ever until their rightful Leader returns
    Last edited by somacula; 06-23-2016 at 07:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    So who do you think that it would commit the next mutant genocide ?.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    So who do you think that it would commit the next mutant genocide ?.
    Honestly I don't know if I'm the majority but after AvX I decided not to buy anything avengers related ever again and even then I broke my promise a few times, with this terrigen stuff 80% of my pull list is DC comics now and I ain't touching anything else marvel until they show the X men and specially Cyclops some love

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    Yeah, anytime anyone criticizes EXM or the characters in it or says that UXM is the best team book it's just; "Well EXM has the better sales so that must mean it's the better book." No one even tries to defend the story or characterization.
    I don't think EXM is a "bad" series in my opinion, but I have to agree with some of the readers that it's on the "meh" side and that the Cyclops bashing has to stop. I'm reading it because I'm a huge Magik fan.

Incredible Member StephenFoxMonster's Avatar

I really want to know what happened to Older Cyclops. It is a story that needs to be seen. It is apparently the reason why that all this Terrigen mist angle is happening and yet that wasn't the first thing we read when we opened any of the X-books or Inhuman books. Also EXM, Uncanny, and the two Inhuman issues were done a great disservice not going for a war angle for all of them. I wanted perspective on how each of these groups are handling this terrigen problem. Marvel did the absolute bare minimum and they are suffering with Inhumans failing to break any ground in sales to the point where one comic had to be canceled.

Civil War 2 should have honestly focused on the X-Men and the Inhumans.

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    Honestly I don't know if I'm the majority but after AvX I decided not to buy anything avengers related ever again and even then I broke my promise a few times, with this terrigen stuff 80% of my pull list is DC comics now and I ain't touching anything else marvel until they show the X men and specially Cyclops some love
    I agree!! I didn't go to DC like you but i do give them credit. I only buy one book a month and that's UA b/c Rogue is in it otherwise nope.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by StephenFoxMonster View Post
    I really want to know what happened to Older Cyclops. It is a story that needs to be seen. It is apparently the reason why that all this Terrigen mist angle is happening and yet that wasn't the first thing we read when we opened any of the X-books or Inhuman books. Also EXM, Uncanny, and the two Inhuman issues were done a great disservice not going for a war angle for all of them. I wanted perspective on how each of these groups are handling this terrigen problem. Marvel did the absolute bare minimum and they are suffering with Inhumans failing to break any ground in sales to the point where one comic had to be canceled.

Civil War 2 should have honestly focused on the X-Men and the Inhumans.
    Yeah, blame it one the dead guy that can't even defend himself. Charles doesn't get any crap for brainwashing people, nor logan for mass murders and splitting the X men, neither Jean for mass genocide or mass cheating, nor magneto for killing people as if he lived in a vice city (well he's always been consistently a serial killer and never pretended to be otherwise or holier than thou so I've go no problem with it).
    Give Cyclops a rest, he's the only one that truly stood for the mutant race without second thoughts for 10 years, for people in position of power such as Cyclops it's always easy to point his mistakes because they're few and notorious but no one wants to remember the victories he secured side by side with all the mutants. It's easy to judge leaders but none of the people that judges them could've done any better in his position nor proposed better alternatives for handling situations, Cyclops took the leadership and everyone followed, I never heard Logan's, Storm's or Charles' plan for handling the decimation.

Quote Originally Posted by Calintz View Post
    I agree!! I didn't go to DC like you but i do give them credit. I only buy one book a month and that's UA b/c Rogue is in it otherwise nope.
    Try DC rebirth one shot, it's the stuff of legends but continuity heavy, if you're fan of old JL cartoons you'll be happy to see wally west back as the flash. SO far my DC favs have been detective comics and green arrow; I'm no DC expert but if there's a particular genre that you're into just ask through here or PM
    Last edited by somacula; 06-23-2016 at 11:00 PM.

Yeah, blame it one the dead guy that can't even defend himself. Charles doesn't get any crap for brainwashing people, nor logan for mass murders and splitting the X men, neither Jean for mass genocide or mass cheating, nor magneto for killing people as if he lived in a vice city (well he's always been consistently a serial killer and never pretended to be otherwise or holier than thou so I've go no problem with it).
    Give Cyclops a rest, he's the only one that truly stood for the mutant race without second thoughts for 10 years, for people in position of power such as Cyclops it's always easy to point his mistakes because they're few and notorious but no one wants to remember the victories he secured side by side with all the mutants. It's easy to judge leaders but none of the people that judges them could've done any better in his position nor proposed better alternatives for handling situations, Cyclops took the leadership and everyone followed, I never heard Logan's, Storm's or Charles' plan for handling the decimation.
    Dude you couldn't speak the truth more. That's how I feel about the whole Cyclops/X-men situation. I don't think Cyclops is dead. I bet the Inhumans have him locked up somewhere or sedated in the basement somewhere. What I really want to know is why do Marvel thinks the X-men are inferior to the Inhumans or Avengers. AvX was a big joke b/c i KNOW half those X-men would have mopped the floor with some of those Avengers. Honestly imo the Inhumans can't hold a candle to the X-men

Try DC rebirth one shot, it's the stuff of legends but continuity heavy, if you're fan of old JL cartoons you'll be happy to see wally west back as the flash. SO far my DC favs have been detective comics and green arrow; I'm no DC expert but if there's a particular genre that you're into just ask through here or PM
    Yea i liked the JL cartoons, new and old. I will give those mentions a try. i have a buddy who loves DC

Incredible Member StephenFoxMonster's Avatar

I wasn't blaming Cyclops for anything. It is my understanding that Cyclops went to Attlian and did something that got him killed by the Inhumans. Not one of the X-Teams have went out there way to get an answer on what he did to see if it was justified nor are any of the teams doing anything to seek answers on why and how this mist the Inhumans released is sterilizing mutants and killing the population to extinction. I want to see these come to resolution on the page and not be used as plot point for the new status quo and not ever be explored.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by StephenFoxMonster View Post
    I wasn't blaming Cyclops for anything. It is my understanding that Cyclops went to Attlian and did something that got him killed by the Inhumans. Not one of the X-Teams have went out there way to get an answer on what he did to see if it was justified nor are any of the teams doing anything to seek answers on why and how this mist the Inhumans released is sterilizing mutants and killing the population to extinction. I want to see these come to resolution on the page and not be used as plot point for the new status quo and not ever be explored.
    I've heard that by the end of "X-men: Civil War II", the whole X-men conspiracy theories will be nipped in the bud. Let's hope it's true.

BANNED

Dude you couldn't speak the truth more. That's how I feel about the whole Cyclops/X-men situation. I don't think Cyclops is dead. I bet the Inhumans have him locked up somewhere or sedated in the basement somewhere. What I really want to know is why do Marvel thinks the X-men are inferior to the Inhumans or Avengers. AvX was a big joke b/c i KNOW half those X-men would have mopped the floor with some of those Avengers. Honestly imo the Inhumans can't hold a candle to the X-men
    It's an issue of movie rights, since they don't own the X men they mope the floor with them and use them to promote non X men titles and keep them on the floor.

The issue with AvX was that they used it attract new reader but if they even tried to get some X readers to the avengers side it was the worst implementation of that plan, I became a hardcore X men fan after AvX, even more after reading the post decimation and Utopia era. If that was somehow an attempt to make a hatchet job on good ol cyke that failed miserably, plenty of people were sympathetic with Cyclops struggle pre and post AvX (Compare sales of UXM with Hickman Avengers, and Bendis wasn't even trying), even more after he admitted that he was guilty of all crimes (unlike your regular karma houdini Iron man or captain nazi or debatable in case of scarlet witch) and that put him on the level of Jean post DPS or hal jordan post Zero hour. If marvel wanted to do an effective hatchet job on cyke they'd had absolved him of all crimes and make him come back to the X men as if nothing happened , that would have ruined the character completely (missed opportunity, FOR THEM!).
    If marvel at some points wants to bring back the X men to full sales power they will have to bring back Scott in all his power and glory, it'll be the stuff of legends, the equivalent of the launch of X men #1 in the 90's.

Yea i liked the JL cartoons, new and old. I will give those mentions a try. i have a buddy who loves DC
    You won't regret it, and if you do DC universe Rebirth is returnable but I think it's one of the best comics of the decade

My my, soo much bitterness! Amazing how some people are among the first to bash on various characters but can't handle a little heat about their own pet character. You know what they say: don't do to others....

Watch some lolcat gif, you will feel better and in 6+ years, if Scott isnt yet back in a book, you will really be allowed to complain (oh, wait, Scott, at least the young version, is in a book).

I am tired of reading posts from people that want to justify what is happening to one character by vilifying others. Like if bringing all characters down will make their favorite one look less bad. Leveling by the bottom. I don't want the authors to vilify Scott. I don't want them to vilify Logan, Xavier, Hank, Jean or any other X-Men. If they do it with one character, I will lament about it, I won't get my kick by hoping they do the same with all other characters.

Like the spiders books that are failing, (spider verse and spider woman who?)?
    Red wolf solo?
    Mockingbird solo?
    Starbrand and literally who?
    Black Knight?
    Illuminati?
    Cho Hulk that has the best artist in the market?
    New avengers failure that's being kep afloat by CW II?
    BP that sells 250k only because the retailers had to orders extra ones to get rare variants of Poe dameron solo that peoplo actually want to read(die industry die!)?
    Uncanny avengers that sells almost the same as ANXM with 2 events and has deadpool, captain america, spider man and god know what else big sellers vs the ANXM having a bunch of nobodies except for a younger Cyclops and a younger wolverine with boobs and doesn't even have decent writing?
    All new all different avengers that has characters promoted through solo and a free issue that was handled for about 1M copies vs ANXM that has a unch of nobodies a bad writing?
    A force that tanked horribly after issue 2?
    DO I need to keep going?

Oh wait for it
    wait for it
    wait for it
    Body snatcher inhuman that's a diverse character and aslo turned cap into a Nazi, I don't know how's that supossed to sell

X men sells without even trying and has a loyal fanabse, alienating that fanabse with terrigen mists and insulting us is not gonna suddenly make all the other titles sell more, it's gonna keep the X men stronger than ever until their rightful Leader returns
    I'm stop reading your post, you just made me feel sad...LL

I like A-Force....I'm gonna go cry in the corner
    Some of us wait, some of us act.