Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Detective Comics #935 discussion (spoilers!)

I know I'm jumping the gun a bit here since it won't become available for about another hour, but here's the thread to discuss 'Tec #935.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

well, I already read it and this is easily the best Batman issue in a very long time. So much goodness, I still don't feel comfortable saying any spoilers. But man, I think people will people be happy about how certain relationships are progressing in this book! Also man, that arkham knight influence with the batmobile fight....and that ending, pure bad ass Batman.

I am completely sold on this book

There was one part I thought was weird and has me interested in what everyone else thinks. And it's related to just how much the kane family knows about Bruce.

It's already available shortly? Daaang. Another bonus for digital. I gotta wait probably a full day.
    I wanna ditch the logical... don't let me let you go...., living for the only thing i know, hanging by a moment... nom nom coffee nom nom tea.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    well, I already read it and this is easily the best Batman issue in a very long time. So much goodness, I still don't feel comfortable saying any spoilers. But man, I think people will people be happy about how certain relationships are progressing in this book! Also man, that arkham knight influence with the batmobile fight....and that ending, pure bad ass Batman.

I am completely sold on this book

There was one part I thought was weird and has me interested in what everyone else thinks. And it's related to just how much the kane family knows about Bruce.
    Nice! I do have a good feeling about this book as well. I liked the potential of the first issue more than the main Batman series. Haven't read this issue yet but that has me hyped for it.
    I wanna ditch the logical... don't let me let you go...., living for the only thing i know, hanging by a moment... nom nom coffee nom nom tea.

Quote Originally Posted by SXVA View Post
    It's already available shortly? Daaang. Another bonus for digital. I gotta wait probably a full day.
    Yep! That's the only reason I'm going digital. Google Play releases new comics at about 12:30 EST each week.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

I just read it. Good issue! A lot less exposition-heavy than #934. Really liking the level of conflict between the team so far.

And I said this jokingly before, but holy crap I'm like 95% sure now that Jacob Kane is leading the Colony. That scene between him and Kate pretty much confirms it.

Edit: Really the only thing I didn't like was how fast everything moved. It seemed like the issue was covering too much ground, but I also see the importance of every scene. Very minor complaint. Also, I want to see Batwoman start doing awesome action-y stuff, dagnabit. But #936 sounds like the issue where everyone's going to go out in the field... and from the sounds of it, get their asses kicked.
    Last edited by Caivu; 06-22-2016 at 12:56 AM.

Also, just noticed: three weeks until #936?! Oh man that wait's gonna be rough.

Fantastic Member

3 weeks? Ugh....

In topic of the issues though:

Love love love love love!!!!

I haven't enjoyed a comic this much since pre52. Despite maintaining the basis of the 52 history....

Tim is Tim. Steph is Steph. Cass is Cass.

Clay face is interesting

Moment between Bruce and Tim? Teared up a bit.

Great issue.

Quote Originally Posted by josai21 View Post
    3 weeks? Ugh....

In topic of the issues though:

Love love love love love!!!!

I haven't enjoyed a comic this much since pre52. Despite maintaining the basis of the 52 history....

Tim is Tim. Steph is Steph. Cass is Cass.

Clay face is interesting

Moment between Bruce and Tim? Teared up a bit.

Great issue.
    I know! Tynion has everyone's "voice" down. That's so encouraging for a team book, since even if everything else suffers, the characters won't, and I think that's the biggest draw of a title like this.

Edit: Also, your timestamp on my end here says your post was added at 9:35 PM. That's just funny.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Great issue. I agree kates dad is suspet. Loved batman's talk with Tim. I love how while histories are changed that tynion is rekindling relationships. Art is still great love the look. Not used to the new jean paul yet so,much past deteoyed lol. Nice seeing Leslie. Tec seems to be the book for the varied Bat supporting cast i love it.

Extraordinary Member

The relationships between Steph, Tim, and Cass are easily the highlight of the book. The mystery doesn't matter to me (though if it is Kate's Dad it could be interesting). Tynion also nailed the relationship between Bruce and Tim. And Cass is adorable.

BANNED

The story is nothing special and very Arkham Knight inspired as pointed but Tynion is definitely giving the fans of the characters utilized what they want in terms of relationships and interactions. With the number of characters utilized I guess I cant fault it for the light plot.
    I do hope Jake isn't the mastermind, he did admittedly come across as more hostile than I remember him but making him the villain is like making Alfred or Gordon the brains behind Joker and Black Mask, plz dont do it James.

I like this book very much! Very good, the eyes on relationships and the conversations. I'm also reading the new TPB editions of War Games at the moment and it's good to see the character's from there again (Tim, Stephanie, Cassandra).

Admittedly I'm a little disappointed to see how quickly things moved with Tim and Steph. Would have liked to see some build up to that.

Great issue though, the fact that the voices are down and the characters are written well is enough for me.

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

This book is some crazy fan-servive, but I don't mean that as a bad thing - this is the stuff fans have been clamoring to see. One complaint - does everyone in the world know Bruce is Batman? it seems The Colony is going to be a government sponsored army to take out capes, but that's too simple right?