Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    She doesn't kill any of them. They're unconscious. Unless you think she's so off her rocker that she's talking to corpses and asking them to listen to her.
    What makes you think that is what's going on if she did kill them?

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    What makes you think that is what's going on if she did kill them?
    I said she didn't kill them.

I said she didn't kill them.
    You ended with a scenario where she is talking to corpses. Even if they are dead, that is probably not what is happening on that page.

You ended with a scenario where she is talking to corpses. Even if they are dead, that is probably not what is happening on that page.
    I never said that was what actually happened. I said "Unless you think she's so off her rocker that she's talking to corpses and asking them to listen to her." Emphasis on the "you think" which was directed at borntohula.

I said "Unless you think she's so off her rocker that she's talking to corpses and asking them to listen to her." Emphasis on the "you think" which was directed at borntohula.
    Which is not what's happening. Even if she did kill them.

Which is not what's happening. Even if she did kill them.
    I know that. I was being sarcastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvanus View Post
    Or, maybe there'll be less obvious, potentially more interesting answers to your questions. I'm curious, but I don't really mind waiting until #3 to find out what happened between Rebirth and #1; a lot of good storytelling is at least somewhat non-linear.
    Maybe. It will be interesting to see if it winds up being addressed.

Mighty Member

I don't know if I'd call this a warrior take on her. I feel like that's too shallow a reading of it.
    Are you suggesting I should write "barbarian take" instead, given that she reminded me a bit about Slaine? To me she came of as quite a warrior in the rebirth issues. She's smiling holding a sword on two covers in a row, and on the page she smiled as she built a pile of bodies which she then stood upon. Seems to me the warrior wonder woman is what they're going for.

But then. They're also only two issues in. Perhaps she'll show more sides later on.
    Last edited by borntohula; 06-23-2016 at 02:55 PM.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    This is our intro to the Bouda were-hyenas of African mythology. They are known to disguise themselves as handsome men, so they can stalk women, and turn into Hyenas and attack and kill them. Per Liam Sharp FB
    Attachment 37220Attachment 37220
    Cool concept. They're really digging into a lot of the world's various myths and folklore here. Nice change up from all the Greek stuff.
    I wonder if Barbara created these things, or she came across them and they started worshiping her? Or are they already in the jungles of Urzkartaga, and these are the natural inhabitants (among other horrors)? It's going to be interesting to see how the kidnapped village daughters plot ties into this. Sacrifices to Urzkartaga and/or his predatory Hyena men?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Cool concept. They're really digging into a lot of the world's various myths and folklore here. Nice change up from all the Greek stuff.
    I wonder if Barbara created these things, or she came across them and they started worshiping her? Or are they already in the jungles of Urzkartaga, and these are the natural inhabitants (among other horrors)?
    Maybe the DCU Bouda are actually the First Born's children; a few of them (perhaps) survived the war with the Amazons, and Urzkartaga sent Cheetah to take them over.
    Last edited by Silvanus; 06-23-2016 at 03:32 PM.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Beautiful beautiful beautiful. Lovely issue and enjoyed it very much, I do agree the pace was kind of slow so hopefully it picks up but this wayyyyy better than the Finch run 100%.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Yeah, this was way too decompressed for me. I've been trying to get into Wonder Woman for years and this doesn't seem like the entry point for me. Luckily I'm wanting to trim down the numbers of titles I'm getting anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    This is our intro to the Bouda were-hyenas of African mythology. They are known to disguise themselves as handsome men, so they can stalk women, and turn into Hyenas and attack and kill them. Per Liam Sharp FB
    Attachment 37220Attachment 37220
    That is so cool! I love the use of other mythologies, especially ones that aren't instantly recognizable, like the Bouda.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silvanus View Post
    Maybe the DCU Bouda are actually the First Born's children; a few of them (perhaps) survived the war with the Amazons, and Urzkartaga sent Cheetah to take them over.
    What if, dun dun dun duuuh, this Cheetah was one of First Born's children

Finally got my copy and WHOO! but that art was gorgeous! I stopped reading N52 WW at #21 and from what I've skimmed, I didn't miss anything. Now, FINALLY, I feel incentive to spend money on Wonder Woman again, which makes me so happy! Granted, the decompression was there, but I expected that when it was announced that the title would be bi-monthly. Doesn't even COMPARE to having to wait 30 days for 3 minutes of reading! Loving Cheetah's new look, loving Diana's new look (tweaked classic that actually DOESN'T Look like an american flag one-piece) and definitely loving that Rucka is back. Add to that that Wonder Woman will get to interact with HER OWN supporting cast rather than a bunch of new characters soved down my throat, and I am ONE HAPPY WW FAN!!! All in all I'd say it was a solid 8/10. Not perfect, but so much closer than we've been in a LOOOOONG TIME. Now we just need to shuffle the sword and shield to the background or for "planet-busting" threats and really showcase the lasso and bracelets. Then I'd be at 12/10!