Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default IDW Starts a "Revolution," Ends "Transformers" in September 2016 Solicitations

IDW and Hasbro's massive crossover event begins, "Star Trek" celebrates its 50th anniversary, Paul Dini's "Jingle Belle" gets collected and more.

Full article here.

TMNT#62
    TMNT Universe #2

Transformers #57
    MtMtE #57
    TAAO #4

Really really not looking forward to Revolution. It reeks of Big 2 crossover and I hope when the Transformers books relaunch, it won't have been necessary to follow.

I might pick Revolution up in trade in the future, Cullen Bunn is a really good writer in my opinion and I do like the Transformers and GI Joe.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Empty is thy hand!

Final issues for Transformers and MtME?! What does that mean???!

I'm guessing (and hoping) this is an Age of Apocalypse situation. Can't wait to find out!

Quote Originally Posted by BruceWayneJr. View Post
    Final issues for Transformers and MtME?! What does that mean???!
    The stories will all continue, the books are just relaunching with new #1's to coincide with the "shared Hasbro universe."

That's not really what bothers me about Revolution. I can deal with new #1's. That's whatever. I just read Transformers comics because I like Transformers. I have zero interest in reading about any other Hasbro property. The prospect of Optimus Prime interacting with the Joes or ROM or Micronauts does absolutely nothing for me. Oh well.

I hope we get a new G.I. Joe book out of this. I tried reading ARAH and just couldn't get into it.

I like the crossover shenanigans. All the toys on my floor when I was 8 years old are finally getting the comic and movie they deserve! Seriously though, those covers got me hooked. I have to get Revolution now.

BANNED

The Stingers finally showing up in Jem And The Holograms...they were severaly underused in the animated series(mostly because they debuted in it's final season)

Ultimate Member

So to confirm, Revolution is about putting the Joes, Rom, Transformers all in the same canon?

And Micronauts

Action Man and MASK as well.

Ultimate Member

Thought so, good lord...

Which GI Joe? The Larry Hama one?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Thought so, good lord...

Which GI Joe? The Larry Hama one?
    The one that ended last April, not Real American Hero. ARAH will actually keep going in its own continuity I think.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    The stories will all continue, the books are just relaunching with new #1's to coincide with the "shared Hasbro universe."

That's not really what bothers me about Revolution. I can deal with new #1's. That's whatever. I just read Transformers comics because I like Transformers. I have zero interest in reading about any other Hasbro property. The prospect of Optimus Prime interacting with the Joes or ROM or Micronauts does absolutely nothing for me. Oh well.
    Then just don't read those other books. I'm probably only going to read ROM.

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    Then just don't read those other books. I'm probably only going to read ROM.
    I probably won't. I'm just not excited about other properties showing up in Transformers books.