Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default LOOK: Classic Wonder Woman Foe Gets a Ferocious New Look

Greg Rucka and Liam Sharp's "Wonder Woman" #1 confronts Diana with both a new mystery and an old enemy.

Full article here.

BANNED

yeah i don't like this....looks more like a savage monster than what I'm used to picturing when i hear cheetah

It's fierce. I like it.

Amazing Member

Mo'Nique in the house

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    yeah i don't like this....looks more like a savage monster than what I'm used to picturing when i hear cheetah
    Isn't that what she is suppose to be though? A woman cursed into being a savage monster due to her own hubris?

I liked the New 52 Cheetah though.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Astonishing Member

Cheetah just kept changing her looks every few months.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    Isn't that what she is suppose to be though? A woman cursed into being a savage monster due to her own hubris?
    true but here she looks like she barely has the capability to speak english let alone not brutally murder everyone around her

i dunno i just have a hard time picturing cheetah as an uncontrollable unholy beast that Diana has to keep on a chain in order to keep from being eaten alive

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    I liked the New 52 Cheetah though.
    same i liked that appearance although i guess they just wanted to make her design more realistic to what someone transformed into a were-cheetah would be like

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

I like it! More monstrous looking while still stylish. Cheetah always looked like the stereotypical catlady to me anyway, so anything that moves her away from that is welcome.
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

Hopefully, this look comes with a side of "Borderline Crazy".

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    She's not a savage monster because she doesn't look human, or because she was cursed, she's a monster because she always rejected her internal humanity and embraced the monster within. Remember - she corrupted A GOD with her evil. That's how evil she is. The monster is not outside, the monster is inside.

If Barbara Minerva was a good person who did good, heroic deeds and cared for people, she would probably not be seen as a monster by most people. She would be a exotically beautiful heroine. At least not anymore monster than say, Martian Manhunter, Beast Boy or Starfire.

Somewhere in the orrery of worlds, there's a world where The Cheetah (or whatever name she goes) is a icon to women everywhere, and Wither-Woman is a monster of degradation, a debased woman of animal thirsts and monstrous inclinations.
    Last edited by Slaughter; 06-23-2016 at 12:32 PM.

I'm on the fence with this new look ... I'm more curious to see what her personality is like and to learn about these were-cat minions she seems to suddenly have.

Extraordinary Member

Lol. I no like.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I still can't decide if I like it or not. I love the way Sharp drew the look on her face though. Extremely creepy. Can't imagine this version sleeping with Snapper Carr, so Rucka has already redeemed himself.

In fact, ditching the long red hair might be an attempt to remove the temptation to sexy her up in art depictions. Cheetah should be scary when transformed, never sexy. But even with this version, I'm sure Rule 34 is still in place...