Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I think she had the streaks in New Suicide Squad, but I'll have to double check at some point.
    Yep, at least in the teaser image, she did have the cheetah face streaks in the Squad.

I think my Hank McCoy bias is showing where I don't mind the more bestial appearance as long as the intellect is still there. Like I said, I'm hoping there are details to the larger design the separate her from Circe's were-beasts and her own hench-beasts.
    Last edited by Thirteen; 07-04-2016 at 08:28 PM.

I feel like even though she LOOKS different, she'll still be Cheetah. We haven't seen enough to jump to TOO many conclusions, after all!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    This is probably my favorite design of the were-beast version of Cheetah, she always looked a little too much like Marvel's Tigra with all the hair.
    Think that was intentional on Perez's part, considering he had worked at Marvel for several years before moving to DC and NTT before he got to Wonder Woman and had to redesign Cheetah away from 'looking like Catwoman'... which may have been helped along that Tigra also goes through a mystic ritual to turn her into a cat-woman and also has issues from time to time when she goes more feral than whats desired by her teammates.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Yep, at least in the teaser image, she did have the cheetah face streaks in the Squad.

I think my Hank McCoy bias is showing where I don't mind the more bestial appearance as long as the intellect is still there. Like I said, I'm hoping there are details to the larger design the separate her from Circe's were-beasts and her own hench-beasts.
    Just checked out some preview art by Juan Ferreyra from recent issues and she does look like that, I gotta read Tim Seeley's run ASAP. Wonder if it was Carlos D'Anda who actually came up with the design then, as he was the who did the teaser and was supposed to take over the book at one point.

I still prefer Sharp's more animalistic take on her.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I asked Sharp and Rucka yesterday on Twitter if there would be an in-story explanation for the change in Cheetah's appearance and Sharp replied with she simply became more cheetah-like as time has passed.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I asked Sharp and Rucka yesterday on Twitter if there would be an in-story explanation for the change in Cheetah's appearance and Sharp replied with she simply became more cheetah-like as time has passed.
    So kinda like how Killer Croc went from ugly man to big ugly man and then to big ugly crocodile man. I guess thats as good an explanation as any.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    Just checked out some preview art by Juan Ferreyra from recent issues and she does look like that, I gotta read Tim Seeley's run ASAP. Wonder if it was Carlos D'Anda who actually came up with the design then, as he was the who did the teaser and was supposed to take over the book at one point.

I still prefer Sharp's more animalistic take on her.
    Seeley's run is great overall and I'm really bummed he's not going to be the regular writer. His Harley actually feels like Harley.

I wouldn't get your hopes up for Cheetah though. It's overall not bad, and she has some great lines, but the respect for her power level is all over the place. Still pretty inoffensive compared to many of her other New 52 appearances though.

I guess this means she's trapped in Cheetah form and doesn't revert to her human form any more. That's kind of a bummer, as her not being powered up all the time would encourage writers to depict her intellect more often. But whatever, I'll wait and see where Rucka goes with it.

Ultimate Member

I see it as an opportunity to depict her as an awesome mix of brains and brawn, and how you can look like that and still be very intelligent and cunning and manipulative, etc. Now we'll see if they can pull it off (for an example, many writers have certainly struggled to do it with Bane over the years after all).

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Seeley's run is great overall and I'm really bummed he's not going to be the regular writer. His Harley actually feels like Harley.

I wouldn't get your hopes up for Cheetah though. It's overall not bad, and she has some great lines, but the respect for her power level is all over the place. Still pretty inoffensive compared to many of her other New 52 appearances though.

I guess this means she's trapped in Cheetah form and doesn't revert to her human form any more. That's kind of a bummer, as her not being powered up all the time would encourage writers to depict her intellect more often. But whatever, I'll wait and see where Rucka goes with it.

Or perhaps Barbara has simply tapped into more of the Cheetah's power when in her Cheetah-form?
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    So kinda like how Killer Croc went from ugly man to big ugly man and then to big ugly crocodile man. I guess thats as good an explanation as any.
    That makes sense to me. Cheetahs transformation is suppose to be curse isn't it ? It's only logical that it would get worse overtime.

BANNED

Or perhaps Barbara has simply tapped into more of the Cheetah's power when in her Cheetah-form?
    Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    That makes sense to me. Cheetahs transformation is suppose to be curse isn't it ? It's only logical that it would get worse overtime.
    Either that or she gets progressively worse the more she taps into the power.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Either that or she gets progressively worse the more she taps into the power.
    This could work too. In the Perez era, she was very similar to an addict in that the more she transformed into the Cheetah, the more painful her "withdrawals" became while in human form. This could be similar to that in that her sanity/control over her monstrous side slips more and more away every time she transforms. I wonder what she was doing while Diana was battling the Badou? Was she busy performing the ritual to become the Cheetah, or was she just sitting on her lazy ass until it was clear her minions weren't doing the job?

With all the talk of parallels between Year One and the Lies, I expect Barbara to show up in the former. It will be interesting to see the contrast with her present day self.

A more complete look at the new progression of the Cheetah curse. I still wish for some wicked accessories rather than just the naturalist beast look.
    Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post