Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SXVA View Post
    You might have missed the point there, just a wee bit. I expect more from a Stark!
    LOL! My bad.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    It's Hawkeye. Choosing Sides cover spoiled it.
    Marvel has altered and changed covers in the past to mislead people. I can't imagine they let out a spoiler that big.

Plus the Hulk solicit for that month hints at Cho going after Hawkeye. Makes sense if Hawkeye kills Bruce, but not so much if Bruce kills him instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    She-Hulk was also an obvious red herring. spoilers:
    They had several different books showing the heroes dealing with the aftermath of War Machine's death, but not a single peep about Jen being dead.
    end of spoilers

Exact opposite. The movie's over a year away. They'll launch another Hulk book by the time the film's out.
    You wonder why I get frustrated with marvel not answering the question surrounding her. Her situation is just being ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermutant2099 View Post
    You wonder why I get frustrated with marvel not answering the question surrounding her. Her situation is just being ignored.
    That's the point, I imagine.

Exactly! It's a cliffhanger. That's why they are not answering it.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Looks like villians can just sit back and let them kill each other in the Marvel Universe nowadays.

The worst.

Quote Originally Posted by vonfaustus View Post
    Looks like villians can just sit back and let them kill each other in the Marvel Universe nowadays.

The worst.
    Kingpin isn't sitting back. He's got some big plans.

The good kind of noise SpiderOrange's Avatar

Gonna keep it real...

this entire event just makes me hate Marvel, its writers and the Inhumans. I haven't picked up one book of this event outside of Civil War II #0 on FCBD.

I just don't get it as a premise. Just with the X Men alone, how many precogs do we have running around? Lets not even get into the magic based characters. Heck, Parker's Spidey Sense has been described SEVERAL times as a form of precognition. None of these characters have caused a civil war, but Marvel needs you to like the Inhumans since X Men belong to Fox so... let's kill the Hulk and debate if Hawkeye should be on trial for that?

Help me out because I am just not seeing what the message is with this event. I hate to be that guy but I am just not getting it. Compound this with the fact that Cap is fighting in the Civil War as a Hydra agent and... I'm sorry. Clearly I'm in a sour mood today.
    "This. Right here. This is where my life officially jumped the shark." Miles Morales
    "No, that was back on Cowboy world", Ultimate Cartoon Spidey
    ASM Vol 3, #12

True but

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Exactly! It's a cliffhanger. That's why they are not answering it.
    If you are not following up at all as they are doing its injustice to the character. They are not following up on it and issue 2 gives me no confidence it will be in main series. There are questions that be answered that don't spoil what's coming surround it they don't. If you can Thanos busting missile on tumblr why not explain her injuries we see? This whole thing is so dumb. Marvel making me think more and more this series will end with us "What happen to she-hulk?" I mean might as well explain she healing or not on tumblr since seems bendis has no intent on explaining it in the comic. Just pass her off in a coma and hope no notices how badly we fumbled the cliffhanger.
    Last edited by Supermutant2099; 06-22-2016 at 03:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    LOL! My bad.
    Haha. No big.

I just basically meant let's get back to focusing on heroes doing heroic things not the gimmickry of promotional things such as "who will die!". I hated when they did that with Agents of SHIELD on the tv series. It kept promoting who will die/who will be the one to die. It feels exploitative, unimaginative and gimmicky to me.

I'd rather see something like... "which hero will step up to overcome their greatest adversity yet". Just the difference in focus is all.

Heroes fighting heroes, death, who's the accused and who's dead. It's all quite morbid. Is it certain the New 52 hasn't shifted over to Marvel.
    I wanna ditch the logical... don't let me let you go...., living for the only thing i know, hanging by a moment... nom nom coffee nom nom tea.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyrocket View Post
    As Marvel seems hell bent on deconstructing the core Avengers right now I'm reluctantly assuming it's Bruce Banner. First Tony is a 'Superior" megalomaniac. Then Thor gets taken off the board (for unworthy-ness that has yet to be explained after 2 years...) Then Cap gets old and replaced and now's back (but without the shield) and Hydra. So yeah, let's kill Banner now. If I were being cynical here (and I am) I'd say the comics are getting rid of the iconic characters so than they can make room for new identities to reboot the movies with different personas and actors after Infinity War 1 & 2 wraps everyones contracts.. It's the only thing that makes sense to me that editorial would even do what they're doing. i.e shelving the most iconic forms of their signature characters when they've never been more globally popular or recognizable. Basically crapping on their own branding and marketing.. For my money, they should let Amadeus die. Never will be as interesting as Banner.
    Except they've got a whole bunch of "classic" characters the movies have not used yet and a knack for turning B and C list comic properties into stars in their films. There's also the possibility they can get some of their properties from other studios back. They don't t need to set up a new generation to replace the "oldies".

You mention Iron Man being inverted but that's completely done and over with now and the character is presented as heroic as he's ever been at least in the pages of his own books. This to me is the biggest flaw in your theory as up until recently Robert Downey Junior was making it clear he didn't want to stick around with Marvel movies after his contract was up and Marvel Entertainment made clear they wouldn't recast the character. Sure now RDJ is open to more movies even a possible Iron Man 4 but no one at Marvel has a crystal ball, if your belief was true then when they were launching their All-New, All-Different line they would have sidelined Stark out of the belief he only had so many movies left.

I have to roll my eyes at people bringing up Steve Rogers as a Hydra agent. I mean you've read comics before 2016, right? You know this is a part of a story which wont last beyond that run and that it will definitely be revealed Captain America is not really a member of Hydra and never was. I don't see the big deal about his shield either. It's not like the character has never been without before, heck during the lauded period Waid was writing Captain America and Busiek was writing Avengers he was using the energy shield for a good portion of that.

Again Odinson is off the board now but it's pretty much baked into Aaron's story that he'll be back. Heck he's given the biggest hint ever as to how in the book itself. It's certainly not the only time he's been off the board like when Eric Masterson assumed his identity or when his series was outright cancelled and there was no heroic Thor character at all during the early 2000s. Wasn't it the end of the original Civil War that got the ball rolling on his return?

This may not go over well not over well but I'm not sure Banner has been all that interesting for some time. I really liked the original Hulk all the way through to when he was in the Professor persona but Marvel through that away and even went as far as to do a story making sure he couldn't ever properly go back to that. Planet and World War Hulk aside how many truly interesting things have happened to the character since then? That was plainly for branding and marketing purposes and going to back to the classic status quo isn't always the best thing in my opinion which if there is going.

While there may or may have been an honest push for diversity right now I think they are purposefully maneuvering the "classic" versions of the characters to come back at once. After all you can't have a triumphant return if they don't go away at some point. If I'm correct I hope they don't toss away what they have built recently, Marvel have made great strides with something they've struggled with that DC for decades did better before they too tossed it away; establishing legacy characters and to be honest I think that while it's a slightly too little, too late it's addresses what I feel to be the major problems with comics. That for decades they've catered to a slowly dwindling audience that have been conditioned into accepting that only silver age characters matter. Think about it how many breakout characters that can hold their own ongoing for a significant time have there been in the last ten years? The last twenty? It's not that these characters are less good than the 60s ones but at best most end up as cult successes and at worst end up being dismissed out of hand. That's why the whole "why can't they make new diverse characters" doesn't work because no one will buy them - but more people have been consistently willing to buy a Captain America or Thor book regardless of whose holding the shield/hammer.
    Last edited by Orbus; 06-22-2016 at 03:39 PM.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I'm surprised no one is suggesting Tony Stark being killed by Banner when it's on the cover. Yeah I know, but what if they were setting up Black Panther to be the new go to science guy with Reed missing, Tony dead and Banner on trial? Remember that there was some connections to purchases for Bendis' Iron Man comic to CW #3 as well, and we also have a number of characters seemingly about to take places in the Iron Man mythos like his new half sister Mary Jane (don't pretend there's another outcome to the parents thing as this point guys) and that smart probably the new War Machine girl. And who says that someone won't don the armour in his place to represent the anti prog side? It would be a seriously big death to suit the occasion.

But if not, then Banner will die, either by Stark or Hawkeye.
    Last edited by Derek Metaltron; 06-22-2016 at 03:14 PM.

Amazing Member

Can't wait to see what nonsensical and contrived way they bring these heroes back after their "more progressive" replacements fail to catch anything resembling interest from anyone.

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    I'm surprised no one is suggesting Tony Stark being killed by Banner when it's on the cover. Yeah I know, but what if they were setting up Black Panther to be the new go to science guy with Reed missing, Tony dead and Banner on trial? Remember that there was some connections to purchases for Bendis' Iron Man comic to CW #3 as well, and we also have a number of characters seemingly about to take places in the Iron Man mythos like his new half sister Mary Jane (don't pretend there's another outcome to the parents thing as this point guys) and that smart probably the new War Machine girl. And who says that someone won't don the armour in his place to represent the anti prog side? It would be a seriously big death to suit the occasion.
    You mean we will see the return of ..... Teen Tony!??

That's who replaced Tony Stark when he was killed off the last time.

Amazing Member

Was War of Kings so long ago that they forgot Black Bolt "died"?