Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

i was getting death vibes off of banner too but also it might be just throwing me off the trail of another death

Amazing Member

IMO, I think Johnny Storm's death would have a much bigger impact than any other. The reason is he's part of the first family of superheroes. He has ties to almost every hero team in the Marvel Universe, especially to the female members.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    There was a Patsy Walker and Cho Hulk solicit that made it seem that Jen was the next victim.

Jen's already been victimized.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by londeaux View Post
    IMO, I think Johnny Storm's death would have a much bigger impact than any other. The reason is he's part of the first family of superheroes. He has ties to almost every hero team in the Marvel Universe, especially to the female members.
    They already killed Johnny.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbus View Post
    I'm reasonably sure that by the end of Civil War II we'll know what She-Hulk's status is. Alive/dead/still in coma/something else entirely, whether there's any more follow up beyond Civil War likely wont come from Bendis because he's not writing an ongoing that features her. That will be up to G. Willow Wilson in A-Force.
    Yeah because it would be first event where characters fate never resolved in the book. Oh wait. Shouldn't be a-force writer or someone else to fix the mess bendis created. She should not be in a coma. Marvel given us one actually reason in comic or otherwise that should be. That is a failure of storytelling. If you can't come up with reasonable context why this is happening its bad writing. No one should stand for it.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Supermutant2099 View Post
    Yeah because it would be first event where characters fate never resolved in the book. Oh wait. Shouldn't be a-force writer or someone else to fix the mess bendis created. She should not be in a coma. Marvel given us one actually reason in comic or otherwise that should be. That is a failure of storytelling. If you can't come up with reasonable context why this is happening its bad writing. No one should stand for it.
    Yeah but I can't think of a character's status which is used to motivate a number of the protagonists to go completely without mention by the end of the event. There will be something. Heck they are bringing Bruce Banner in the next issue, you don't think what happened to Jen will get a mention?

Also you know Marvel has writers summits to plan events, right? Meetings between writers and editors and so on. G. Willow Wilson will likely be aware of what Bendis planned and agreed to address it in her book. That's essentially what the ongoings that tie in are used for during an event.

Also She-Hulk was hit by a missile designed to take down Thanos. I repeat that for emphasis Thanos. If that's not a good enough reason to have extensive injuries I don't know what is. Even if people don't like its perfectly reasonable.
    Last edited by Orbus; 06-23-2016 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbus View Post
    Yeah but I can't think of a character's status which is used to motivate a number of the protagonists to go completely without mention by the end of the event. There will be something. Heck they are bringing Bruce Banner in the next issue, you don't think what happened to Jen will get a mention?

Also you know Marvel has writers summits to plan events, right? Meetings between writers and editors and so on. G. Willow Wilson will likely be aware of what Bendis planned and agreed to address it in her book. That's essentially what the ongoings that tie in are used for during an event.

Also She-Hulk was hit by a missile designed to take down Thanos. I repeat that for emphasis Thanos. If that's not a good enough reason to have extensive injuries I don't know what is. Even if people don't like its perfectly reasonable.
    I have learned from marvel and dc do not expect the best. Always expect the worst outcome. I use to be naive that everything will be okay. Marvel let me down way to much to fall for it.
    Thanos busting missile we had to find out about tumblr. I never said she shouldn't been hurt. Marvel continues to fail to presenting something that would have even thanos "Well it hurt she-hulk" Marvel barley presented the evidence she-hulk should have been hurt by or really was. This book is so bad.

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Are you talking about the two sisters from the Inhumans, Medusa and Crystal?

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyrocket View Post
    As Marvel seems hell bent on deconstructing the core Avengers right now I'm reluctantly assuming it's Bruce Banner. First Tony is a 'Superior" megalomaniac. Then Thor gets taken off the board (for unworthy-ness that has yet to be explained after 2 years...) Then Cap gets old and replaced and now's back (but without the shield) and Hydra. So yeah, let's kill Banner now. If I were being cynical here (and I am) I'd say the comics are getting rid of the iconic characters so than they can make room for new identities to reboot the movies with different personas and actors after Infinity War 1 & 2 wraps everyones contracts.. It's the only thing that makes sense to me that editorial would even do what they're doing. i.e shelving the most iconic forms of their signature characters when they've never been more globally popular or recognizable. Basically crapping on their own branding and marketing.. For my money, they should let Amadeus die. Never will be as interesting as Banner.
    I think it is complex in the 616/prime earth universe killed heroes can always brought back but it is very much different when it is on a moral level. The next author can ignore such stories but when it supposed be a part of a line wide event which change the status quo then basically the whole continuum get liquid between you fingers especially when one authors ignore it and the other went for it.

It is not so we hadn't such "ignore what happens and start over" moment in the past. The Hulk once was multiple times cured or Banner was somehow in control of the Hulk ..undone. The Thing could transform at will.. undone, Johnny Storm grew as a person which is responsible .. undone,

You will notice those are mostly things which are positive and at the end of a run. I'm not sure whose going to do the killing or how or if but if yes it will be another one whose record will be tainted.

I think Marvel in the past(90's and earlier) was a bit too caring about what happens to their IPs when their characters/heroes evolve(or better said not evolve) the Marvel since the early 2000's is the complete opposite(otherwise we would have still the Ultimate Universe) for the Avengers(and FF) in general they redo stories of the past and turn outcome more to the worse and stretch the whole content into an event.(For the X-Men i don't know but they suffered too)

In general Marvel books were very sophisticated and detailed designed without letting the readers noticing it immediately. I mean all those philosophically aspects represented by the abstracts gods like Eternity, Infinity, Love ,Hate , Chaos , Order and on the other side of the spectrum they turned the politically and historical context into books like the FF with the space race or the X-men with the civil rights movements(sry I lose the track here)

About the changes I think I could make it clear it not always that you want changes or not it is more the kind of change that can be a problem and the general direction and bad things stick in our memory more persistence then good things

About the editors they work has also seems swapped 180 to the 90's a lot of marketing which they have to care for and less of the whole universe.
    I hope those event meetings from authors and editors exists but this hope isn't high after what happened pre and after SW

I have learned from marvel and dc do not expect the best. Always expect the worst outcome. I use to be naive that everything will be okay. Marvel let me down way to much to fall for it.
    Thanos busting missile we had to find out about tumblr. I never said she shouldn't been hurt. Marvel continues to fail to presenting something that would have even thanos "Well it hurt she-hulk" Marvel barley presented the evidence she-hulk should have been hurt by or really was. This book is so bad.
    Why are you so concerned finding out things before you read the comic? Who cares if you found out about it in tumblr? You found out about it before reading the actual book. You shouldn't put your hopes in things that are so fictional, especially don't spoil yourself, either buy the books and read the story or don't and learn about it after the fact.

Fantastic Member

Based on rumors, and also what I have read.

Bruce Banner, Tony Stark or Mary Jane are my guesses.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

If you are not following up at all as they are doing its injustice to the character. They are not following up on it and issue 2 gives me no confidence it will be in main series. There are questions that be answered that don't spoil what's coming surround it they don't. If you can Thanos busting missile on tumblr why not explain her injuries we see? This whole thing is so dumb.
    I get that She-Hulk's situation is a very sore spot for you since all she got were mentions in CW II #2 with no plausible explanation for her life-threatening injuries. But you'll have to accept the possibility that this whole thing is not "dumb" but rather a deliberate development to keep readers guessing until Marvel finally reveals more details in a future issue it feels fit to put it in. I've seen this story-telling device in other genres of fiction.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Fantastic Member

The trouble with that theory is that ultimately what happens afterwards?

It'd unite everyone.

Whereas with Banner, there's already a sizeable portion of Marvel who think the world would be better off without Banner/Hulk. Also, there'd be a group that would argue that Banner is cured and they're killing an innocent man. Basically, something that kicks the debate into high gear. After all, there's a lot of people complaining that no one had this issue/debate with all the other pre-cogs. So there's your answer.

BANNED

Besides it would be interesting to see a Marvel Universe without a Bruce Banner Hulk around to mess things up.

Quote Originally Posted by Leach View Post
    Why are you so concerned finding out things before you read the comic? Who cares if you found out about it in tumblr? You found out about it before reading the actual book. You shouldn't put your hopes in things that are so fictional, especially don't spoil yourself, either buy the books and read the story or don't and learn about it after the fact.
    Why do people always try "You want spoilers for what happens" Yeah that would help but not what i'm looking for. I'm looking for explanation to what happen. To make sense of what we have seen cause it makes no sense. Failing of comic if you have to explain it on tumblr. Again this book so bad that half of it wasted on none comic stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    I get that She-Hulk's situation is a very sore spot for you since all she got were mentions in CW II #2 with no plausible explanation for her life-threatening injuries. But you'll have to accept the possibility that this whole thing is not "dumb" but rather a deliberate development to keep readers guessing until Marvel finally reveals more details in a future issue it feels fit to put it in. I've seen this story-telling device in other genres of fiction.
    Yeah cause throwing away cliffhanger from the previous issue in few lines is really good storytelling. I mean it be like Supernatural season starting with no follow to their cliffhanger. A lot of times were drawn out they make more sense then this does.