Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default New Marvel NOW! Teaser Shatters Ms. Marvel to the Core

Ms. Marvel and Riri are "divided" in the latest teaser for Marvel's mysterious revival of Marvel NOW!

Full article here.

Mighty Member

I'm all for diverse characters and I like the idea of legacy in superhero stories. I like legacy heroes. But there is so many times you can tell versions of the same story before it becomes repetitive and boring.
    Last edited by solletaire; 06-22-2016 at 03:22 PM.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

These teasers are very interesting.

BANNED

I'm pretty unhappy about Marvel bumping off Rhodey, and there's nothing about this new War Machine that piques my interest. Yawn.

The new girl needs a new armor ASAP. This one is so blocky. I hated Deodato's take on Rhodey's armor too :/

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    The new girl needs a new armor ASAP. This one is so blocky. I hated Deodato's take on Rhodey's armor too :/
    I hate when creators don't get that technology is supposed to be smaller and sleeker the more advanced it gets. The same thing happens with Cyborg. The artists keep making him more monstrous and bulky instead of sleeker.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudman View Post
    I'm pretty unhappy about Marvel bumping off Rhodey, and there's nothing about this new War Machine that piques my interest. Yawn.
    Isn't that the whole point of War Machine? This replacement Is just continuing the legacy.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

This is getting old. Miles Spidey. Ms Marvel. Nova. This list goes on and on. I guess she is going to join the ANAD avengers

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    This is getting old. Miles Spidey. Ms Marvel. Nova. This list goes on and on. I guess she is going to join the ANAD avengers
    Jane Foster - Thor
    CapFalc
    New Falcon
    Amadeus Cho - Hulk
    All-New Wolverine
    Moongirl
    New Quasar
    Too much of a good thing and all that...

Spectacular Member

You all asked for it.

Remember back when we wanted to read about our favorite heroes we could actually read about them and not someone else just wearing their costume? I mean seriously we currently have legacy characters of Spider-Man, Nova, Ms. Marvel, Hulk, Wasp, Captain America, War Machine, Wolverine, Thor, Falcon, Quasar, Giant-Man, ect all running around at the exact same time. While some are definitely good characters, this whole thing is really wearing thin and getting really old really fast especially with it all happening so close together and out of the whole list there only with 3 of those characters has Marvel taken a page from DC's book and actually given us a choice of if we want to read the original, legacy or both rather than outright replacing them. I'm not saying that comics shouldn't evolve with time but forcing legacy characters down our throats isn't the way to go about it and can end up detrimental to the success of the legacy character.

I guess I'm the only who cares about the fact that Marvel has introduced a black female to comics, something Marvel is lacking, especially in teens, hopefully Bendis actually has time to develop this character, hopefully she'll appear in Civil War II, so I can see how David Marquez would draw her.

Sucks that she comes at the expense of Rhodey's death.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    I guess I'm the only who cares about the fact that Marvel has introduced a black female to comics, something Marvel is lacking, especially in teens, hopefully Bendis actually has time to develop this character, hopefully she'll appear in Civil War II, so I can see how David Marquez would draw her.

Sucks that she comes at the expense of Rhodey's death.
    Hardly a great victory for minority representation at Marvel, given that they've killed off an established black character for one that will probably have the spotlight for a good 5 minutes before being forgotten.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I hate when creators don't get that technology is supposed to be smaller and sleeker the more advanced it gets. The same thing happens with Cyborg. The artists keep making him more monstrous and bulky instead of sleeker.
    I'd argue that's because this War Machine isn't exactly more advanced than the current Iron Man armor. If I read the storyline correctly, she basically reverse-engineered her armor from schematics she found leaked online and with considerably lesser resources than Tony Stark could access. Still impressive that she was able to make a functional Iron Man/War Machine, but nowhere near as advanced as what Tony's come out with more recently. If anything, it's a modern take on the Mark I Iron Man Armor, built in a college student's dormitory instead of a cave, but retaining the lack of access to more sophisticated machinery to properly streamline the suit as with the classic Mark I.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

The existence of this Riri character annoys me. She's basically Rhodey's niece from his Iron Patriot series but I bet Bendis just wanted the new character to be his OC.
    We need better comics