Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Is "Agents of SHIELD" Teasing a Ghost Rider Announcement at SDCC? (Probably Not)

A newly revealed "AoS"-themed train for SDCC set the internet ablaze with speculation that Ghost Rider is on the way -- though that's likely not the case.

Full article here.

Mighty Member

Love Agents of SHIELD, but it's not the show to introduce Ghost Rider... I know it has a healthy budget, but I don't think it's enough... Plus after the way ABC handled Agent Carter (aka finishing your stories IS important) and Marvel's Most Wanted (aka changing your mind at the last minute AFTER two vital characters have been conspicuously written off the show), I prefer future Marvel shows to not be part of the network. I just don't trust ABC to commit to a long form story telling these properties require to be good shows.

Member in Disguise

Quote Originally Posted by solletaire View Post
    Love Agents of SHIELD, but it's not the show to introduce Ghost Rider... I know it has a healthy budget, but I don't think it's enough... Plus after the way ABC handled Agent Carter (aka finishing your stories IS important) and Marvel's Most Wanted (aka changing your mind at the last minute AFTER two vital characters have been conspicuously written off the show), I prefer future Marvel shows to not be part of the network. I just don't trust ABC to commit to a long form story telling these properties require to be good shows.
    Agreed. If GR is going to be in a TV show, it should be on Netflix. With Blade. And be called Midnight Sons.

And it should be Blaze, not this Ketch upstart.

...Robbie who? Get off my lawn!
    ...Expecting the Spanish Inquisition.

Incredible Member

LOL. We have Hellfire, on the show, already having used his signature flaming chains....why would anyone assume it WASN'T a reference to him?

Astonishing Member

I assumed this was a reference to Hellfire, not Ghost Rider. Someone who watched the show would know that.

Spectacular Member CaptainMarvell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kalen O. View Post
    LOL. We have Hellfire, on the show, already having used his signature flaming chains....why would anyone assume it WASN'T a reference to him?
    Because Marvel Studios recently has the rights to Ghost Rider again and they're looking to get him involved. Also, Hellfire was a very minor character in the series. Why would they paint up an entire train in honor of a minor character on the show? To fool people into thinking its Ghost Rider? Lying to people isn't a good way to acquire viewers.

Astonishing Member

I don't think studios care one way or another about how they get viewers, they will lie if it can get them just one more person to watch their show. It's a form of click baiting but on a different level.

I think the producers think Hellfire was a fan favorite in the little time he was on so they will exploit that anyway they can.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    I assumed this was a reference to Hellfire, not Ghost Rider. Someone who watched the show would know that.
    But that's the thing, people don't really watch the show.

Astonishing Member

Some are watching.

Did you ever think that maby this season could be focused on Hellfire and Ghost Rider and the introduction of the Supernatural?

I'm not that interested in Hellfire as a character. But if he's brought into season 4 more prominently, fine. Just save Ghost Rider for his own project.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    But that's the thing, people don't really watch the show.
    That statement is objectively false. It has an audience of 6-7 million including timeshifters. Slightly better than average for a genre TV show.

Astonishing Member

^^^And that's just the US alone.

Quote Originally Posted by monitor_earthprime View Post
    Did you ever think that maby this season could be focused on Hellfire and Ghost Rider and the introduction of the Supernatural?
    It would be an interesting way to get me to watch the show ahain, which is why i'm sure they won't do it.

Extraordinary Member

Can't see it happening, GR is definitely for Netflix and not AoS!