Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary X-Man redrunner97's Avatar

*minor spoilers for Uncanny Inhumans #11*

So... Triton played a big part in Uncanny Inhumans #11. What did you guys think of his surprising turn to Maximus the Mad?

Personally, I don't think this is a sign that he's "crossed over to the dark side" or anything, he's just doing what he thinks is best for the betterment of his people, it just happens to be at odds with what his Queen wants. Triton's not exactly wrong either, the Inhumans would have likely responded violently had Stark done this prior to the fall of Attilan. A lot has changed, and Triton, as a royal, had no where else to turn other than his cousin Maximus. But still... come on man, it's MAXIMUS! Let's hope he's prepared for what is to come: all out war!

Plus, at the end of the day, the Royals are still a family. And they're no strangers to dysfunction! Their reaction to Triton's betrayal is gonna be fun to see play out, and the fractured Civil War within the Inhumans themselves will likely be equally as fun! Triton finally has a storyline of his own in Soule's new Inhumans world, and I cannot wait to see how it unfolds!
    MY TOP 5 MARVEL HEROES:
    BLACK BOLT | CYCLOPS | SPIDER-MAN 2099 | WICCAN | MS. MARVEL

MY TOP 5 DC HEROES:
    BATMAN | MIDNIGHTER | SWAMP THING | INFINITY MAN | NIGHTWING

SPIDER-MAN 2099 APPRECIATION THREAD | MAN-THING APPRECIATION THREAD

BANNED

It was a surprise for me! But I can totally understand his actions.

Well, I couldn't be more excited about the Triton/Maximus duo (and whoever they'll add to their group, heeheh).

There probably wasn't a better time to start a Triton appreciation thread, honestly

I don't think he's gonna win over too many allies by working with Max, but whatever the response from the humans/Tony is and how Medusa reacts to that will probably be a deciding factor for a lot of the others on whether they'll stand 100% behind their queen (it might not just be Team Triton vs Team Medusa, though; like there might be a few more opposing factions to come from this).

Quote Originally Posted by Alecto View Post
    There probably wasn't a better time to start a Triton appreciation thread, honestly

I don't think he's gonna win over too many allies by working with Max, but whatever the response from the humans/Tony is and how Medusa reacts to that will probably be a deciding factor for a lot of the others on whether they'll stand 100% behind their queen (it might not just be Team Triton vs Team Medusa, though; like there might be a few more opposing factions to come from this).
    I like that thinking! If I were a native Inhuman, I'd be torn. But as a NuHuman, I don't really know how I'd feel. Makes me wonder if some of the NuHumans might just simply try to back out of the dispute altogether, or possibly form their own faction to combat both sides? Very interesting.
    MY TOP 5 MARVEL HEROES:

MY TOP 5 DC HEROES:

Uncanny Inhumans #13

Maybe Triton is starting to realize his alliance with Maximus is... poorly thought out (to put it mildly)?
    I'm very interested in seeing where things go for his character, and more of what's motivating him to take such action--aside from what we've already seen.

Last edited by redrunner97; 09-17-2016 at 03:54 PM.
    MY TOP 5 MARVEL HEROES:

MY TOP 5 DC HEROES:

Uncanny Inhumans #14

Triton realizes his horrible mistake. He wanted revenge, he wanted to protect the throne, but Maximus was the absolute worst person to align himself with. He accepted his punishment, and vows to do anything he can to rectify what Maximus did with his help, even tracking down The Mad Prince himself...

MY TOP 5 MARVEL HEROES:

MY TOP 5 DC HEROES:

Not only did Triton make a comeback in the pages of Uncanny Inhumans #18, he also appeared on the casting list for Marvel / ABC / Imax's The Inhumans!

The Inhumans cast sheet:

Timothy: Male, 25-35, Open, SFXMU required. Supremely athletic. The ultimate picture of cool. He’s calm under pressure and willing to do anything to get the job done.
    MY TOP 5 MARVEL HEROES:

MY TOP 5 DC HEROES:

Triton is my favorite Inhuman. He's always received the least amount of attention than the rest of the Royals. When I first seen the Inhumans in their first appearance Triton was the most mysterious and way out Inhuman. He was cloaked in a bulky breathing apparatus and you couldn't even see him until Mr Fanstatic ripped it off of him. He looked so cool and weird. Scary even.
    Last edited by Dreaded Porcupine; 01-30-2017 at 03:10 PM.

Triton had some good moments in Uncanny Inhumans #19. He seems like he doesn't want to work with Maximus, but is secretly very afraid that the other Royals might not want him back. Like Maximus said, even if he returns to his place within the family, the fact that he betrayed the throne will always be in the back of everyone's head--not too unlike Maximus himself.

Anyone else enjoying this very Triton-heavy story arc that has been much needed?
    MY TOP 5 MARVEL HEROES:

MY TOP 5 DC HEROES:

I have been enjoying it greatly. I'm really glad to see Triton get some love even if the series is ending. It'll be enough for some great development later.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    I have been enjoying it greatly. I'm really glad to see Triton get some love even if the series is ending. It'll be enough for some great development later.
    I'm wondering where Triton might be during ResurrXion.

Will he be in space or on Earth? Will he be free or in prison? And most importantly... will he be alive or dead? I could see him seeking redemption in IVX by throwing himself on the sword to save Medusa or another Royal to make things up to the rest of the Royal Family. I can also see him sticking around with Maximus (wherever he ends up) for a while too. Can't wait to have all those question, and more, answered in the coming weeks and months!!
    MY TOP 5 MARVEL HEROES:

MY TOP 5 DC HEROES:

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

My 1st Post on Triton's Thread and it is about time I stopped by, Glad To Post Here!

Honestly I am not all that upset with Triton over his actions with Maximus, sure they where ducy and I did not like them but if Magneto can be Re-Invited to the X-Men more times then NASCAR does laps in a race with all that he has pulled over the years I can get over Triton easy. Also I see it as development for him with how he acting with Maximus, I have a feeling he is not just thier cause of Fear of him but maybe as a way to keep an eye on him.

Keep your Friends Close and Your Enemies Closer.

Overall Triton was one of my Favorites to read in Uncanny Inhumans and I hope he has major use in the Resurrection Era coming up!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Fantastic point! It does seem like he's being "the parent in the room", now that you mention it. He's got all these bad guys running around without anyone to hold them accountable, so he's making sure they don't get too out of hand and let their shenanigans put anyone (particularly other Inhumans) in harm's way.
    MY TOP 5 MARVEL HEROES:

MY TOP 5 DC HEROES:

The Master of the Sea has been cast!!

Mike Moh (“Empire,” “Street Fighter: Assasin’s Fist”) as Triton – Black Bolt’s cousin, he’s calm under pressure and supremely athletic. His gift is his fish-like ability to live underwater.
    https://news.marvel.com/tv/60875/rem...-inhumans-abc/
    MY TOP 5 MARVEL HEROES:

MY TOP 5 DC HEROES:

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Banner View Post
    Great idea for a thread! Triton is among the coolest Inhumans and he has an amazing visual!
    I liked the character when he appeared in the Namor the Sub-Mariner series from the 90's the red-skinned female character was also likable to me