Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary X-Man redrunner97's Avatar

Arrow Master of the Sea: Triton (Triton Mander-Azur) Appreciation

TRITON MANDER-AZUR APPRECIATION

SECRET IDENTITY:

Triton Mander-Azur - Alias: Triton!

ORIGIN:
    A member of the Inhumans Royal Family who has been hailed "Master of the Sea" and "Brother to the Sharks", Triton was born destined to undergo the gift of his heredity: terrigenesis! After being exposed to the mists at a young age, Triton emerged with aquatic features, including scales, fins, gills, as well as webbed feet and hands. No longer able to breath above sea, Triton was forced to inhabit the waters off the shore Attilan, in a specially designed alcove. His reaction to terrigenesis would lead his parents to decide against putting Triton's younger brother, Karnak, through the mists. He and Karank's mother, Azur, was killed in an undersea mishap when the two were very young. Triton would later become an aquatic scout for the rest of the Royal Family. After nearly being captured by humans, risking exposure of their entire race to the outside world, Triton was the reason that King Black Bolt relocated the great refuge of Attilan to the Himalayas, then eventually the blue area of the moon. Triton has since devoted himself to his cousins, King Black Bolt and Queen Medusa, whom he respects greatly and is sworn to defend, alongside his fellow royals, Karnak, Gorgon, Crystal, and Lockjaw. He is also close allies with Namor, the Sub-Mariner, and various other underwater entities. Now graced with a compact air filter, Triton is capable of surviving on dry land, where he fights alongside his Inhumans subjects against the unspeakable evil forces that bedevil Earth and the cosmos!

POWERS AND ABILITIES:
    Triton's Inhuman powers are among the strongest of his entire species. He is one of the fastest beings known to man. His lean, aquatic physiology allows him to reach great speeds at both land and sea. Triton's skin is covered in scales, each tough like biological armor, this helps him withstand otherwise unbearable pressures underwater as he dives down to the darkest depths of the ocean. While down there, his superior vision gives him the ability to see in murky darkness, and his enhanced blood circulatory system allows Triton to survive in extremely hot or cold water, respectively. Despite all of these fantastic powers, he is rendered virtually defenseless when exposed to air without his filtration tank, which would result in his asphyxiation in a matter of minutes. Still, Triton remains one of the quickest, most agile heroes in the Marvel Universe; and since our world is mostly water, he has more of an advantage than you might think!

CURRENT ADVENTURES:
    You can currently catch Triton in the pages of Charles Soule's Uncanny Inhumans, where he advises the throne of New Attilan! He is also currently playing a significant role in the massive Marvel Comics crossover event Civil War II!

First Appearance: Fantastic Four - Vol. 1 #45 (1965).
    Created by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby.
    Last edited by redrunner97; 06-22-2016 at 11:15 PM.
    MY TOP 5 MARVEL HEROES:
    BLACK BOLT | CYCLOPS | SPIDER-MAN 2099 | WICCAN | MS. MARVEL

MY TOP 5 DC HEROES:
    BATMAN | MIDNIGHTER | SWAMP THING | INFINITY MAN | NIGHTWING

SPIDER-MAN 2099 APPRECIATION THREAD | MAN-THING APPRECIATION THREAD

BANNED

Great idea for a thread! Triton is among the coolest Inhumans and he has an amazing visual!

I'd love for him to get a mini-series like Karnak. (Honestly it would be kind of cool if over the next three years they did a six issue spotlight mini for each of the Royal Family)
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Niffleheim

I wonder if Triton can be the solution for Namor in the MCU? This would make 2 fanbases go nuts. My little contribution to Triton.

Niffleheim

Niffleheim

Niffleheim

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by dan12456 View Post
    I'd love for him to get a mini-series like Karnak. (Honestly it would be kind of cool if over the next three years they did a six issue spotlight mini for each of the Royal Family)

I'd love an Adventures of Triton mini series almost all set in the sea.
    Last edited by Tofali; 06-23-2016 at 10:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dan12456 View Post
    I'd love that. Characters like Triton, Gorgon, and even Lockjaw haven't really been developed aside from within the Royal Family. I love the Karnak book, and I'd pick up any Inhumans solos!
    MY TOP 5 MARVEL HEROES:

MY TOP 5 DC HEROES:

BANNED

Yeah, a mini-series would be wonderful.

Niffleheim

Inhuman class gossip - Ultimate Spider-Man

I don't know why, but I find it funny Triton is refered to as "kid" throughout that episode; almost as funny as the fact that they decided to write him as a teenager.
    MY TOP 5 MARVEL HEROES:

MY TOP 5 DC HEROES:

Niffleheim

Yep considering in Jenkins' run (i think) he stated that he knew Namor's parents.

Quote Originally Posted by N'Dare View Post
    Yep considering in Jenkins' run (i think) he stated that he knew Namor's parents.
    Exactly! When has ever been portrayed as young, aside from a brief flashback in the current Karnak book. And even that was only a verbal nod.

Still, I appreciate that episode's reference to Triton's speaking trouble in Jenkins' run. Unless it was implying he talks funny because he's from Attilan, in which case I take back my gratitude! lol.
    MY TOP 5 MARVEL HEROES:

MY TOP 5 DC HEROES:

Niffleheim

Even though he is one of my favorite characters this clip really made me dislike Sam. I don't know who wrote this? Anyway i absolutely love how great looking the animation of Triton looks even though he doesn't have his breathing apparatus.