Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Incredible Member StephenFoxMonster's Avatar

Going by my knowledge of the X-Books, I will say yes. I plan on reading the beginning stuff, but I started with Claremont last story in the 90s and Xavier was decent. It was a vast contrast to watching him be this liar in Bendis story. He was also kind of a douche to Eva when she time travel back to get him to undo that mess was Matthew Malloy. The fact that he waited until he died to reveal that a Omega level mutant would be unleashed now that he wasn't there to keep Malloy in check was so jarring to read. The fact that he left that burden on the X-Men without discussing it with them was even more jarring to read.

Incredible Member

Man, this thread is really making me rethink my love of Gundam. Damn near all the protagonists there are about 15 so Bright Noa is really the biggest dickhead of them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I think we have 15 as Jean's age when she joined the X-Men stablished. Maybe I'm crazy but I really "remember" it being mentioned some times...
    It very well may have been retconned over the years, but X-Men #1 explicitly states Iceman is the youngest at 16.

Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NK1988 View Post
    Wait, what?
    Kitty was 13 when she was introduced. Her age was established on page so there is no debate. She and Colossus immediately began making eyes at each other and within 30 issues were doing heavy petting. The problem is that Colossus was 19 and this age was established on page. He was established as being 18 when her first appeared in Giant Size X-men #1 and by the time of Kitty had been established as 18. Around the time of the Brood Saga, circa Uncanny #160 something, Claremont was apparently getting some blowback over the fact that it was wrong for an adult male to be heavy petting with a 13 year old so he decided to solve it. Only problem is that he made it ever worse by turning Kitty into a Lolita who lured Colossus into this. During the Brood saga when they all thought they were going to die Kitty "seduces" Colossus and tries to get him to make love to her. Colossus says no. Ok, so Colossus doesn't go full on molestation at this time (though heavy petting or even kissing would be illegal in my state and in many due to her age) but its still bad by having it be Kitty trying to initiate sex. Shortly thereafter is the original Secret Wars story where Colossus dumps Kitty for some alien babe.

Fast forward five or six years in our time. Kitty has left the X-men and has joined Excalibur. Her FIFTEENTH birthday party is the focal point of an issue. #26 if memory serves but I might be off by an issue or two. So her age is not in debate at all, the main storyline of the issue was her 15th birthday party. Approximately 50 to 60 issues later the character of Pete Wisdom is introduced and he and Kitty immediately start flirting and hooking up. Pete Wisdom is written as a 30 something year old experienced secret agent. They are written as a couple and are clearly having sex, I think I even recall them being shown waking up in bed together. There were no references to Kitty's age since her 15th birthday party but 50 to 60 issues is only 4-5 years in our time and no one ages three years in the MU in that short of our time. So it can be very reasonably inferred that Kitty was still 15 or at most 16 when she and Pete Wisdom started hooking up.

Kitty and Pete Wisdom was a massive writer and editorial **** up because anyone paying attention knew Kitty was only 15 since she had her birthday party on page not too long before in the exact same book. It was Claremont who wrote the 15th birthday party and Warren Ellis who wrote the Pete Wisdom stuff but nonetheless a responsible writer and editor should know a characters recent history. It then got even worse because they broke up and Kitty went back to the X-men where on page in Uncanny X-men #380 something (I used to know the exact numbers because I've had this argument before with those defending the child molestation) Kitty is talking to Colossus and talks about having just turned 16 a few weeks earlier. In other words its established on page that Kitty was only 15 when she was having sex with 30 something Pete Wisdom. Thats called child molestion and being a registered sex offender in the United States. I've had some posters say "well the age of consent in England is only 16 so its almost okay" as if that makes it any less pervo or creepy.

After this her age is all over the map depending on who is writing her. For instance, later Claremont would write her as a bartender meaning she had to be at least 19 in most states even though this wasn't too long after the 16th birthday reference. However there is no debate about the Colossus or Pete Wisdom molestation years.

I think that we can safely say Kitty was probably 18 when she and Colossus finally officially had sex in Astonishing X-men written by Joss Whedon but after all the grooming (a child molester tactic by starting small with kids) he did its still creepy.
    Last edited by JediMindTrick; 06-23-2016 at 08:44 PM.

Kitty was 13.5 when introduced in the Dark Phoenix saga. Piotr was still 18 by the time the Brood showed up 20 or 30 issues later, and she had turned 14. I think a 4/4.5 year difference is not astronomical, that's a senior in high school dating a freshman. Also, let it be known that Piotr explicitly declined her suggestion to have sex when they were all infected by the Brood and waiting to die. They kissed a few times, that's it. He was 19 when they broke up after Secret Wars, not at the very beginning.

I didn't read that part of EXCALIBUR, so I can't comment on the Pete Wisdom situation.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Kitty was 13.5 when introduced in the Dark Phoenix saga. Piotr was still 18 by the time the Brood showed up 20 or 30 issues later, and she had turned 14. I think a 4/4.5 year difference is not astronomical, that's a senior in high school dating a freshman. Also, let it be known that Piotr explicitly declined her suggestion to have sex when they were all infected by the Brood and waiting to die. They kissed a few times, that's it. He was 19 when they broke up after Secret Wars, not at the very beginning.

I didn't read that part of EXCALIBUR, so I can't comment on the Pete Wisdom situation.
    Peter's age is a bit flexible since whether he's 18 or 19 varies depending on the panels you show. Regardless its without a doubt that Kitty is only 13. In my state any sexual contact falls under the child molestation codes. And its not a senior dating a freshman. Its a senior dating a 7th or 8th grader. Most people turn 18 in their senior year (my daughter will be senior in August so I'm very much currently an expert on this). Junior -17. Sophomore -16. Freshman -15. 8th grade -14. 7th grade 13. If your smart you might skip a grade but it doesn't change the age. If Kitty followed normal grades she was either in 7th or 8th grade at the time.

Everything else you said is what I said. They never had sex. During the Brood sex Kitty went all Lolita but Peter turned her down. So up til then you can figure there were make out sessions and maybe some petting. Still illegal nearly everywhere in the United States.

As to the Pete Wisdom stuff. Its been defended as saying that Warren Ellis was writing Kitty as a young adult which would be fine except she wasn't a young adult. Her age was clearly established on page not too long before the sex. Like I said it was a colossal **** up by Ellis and whoever the editorial staff on the book was at the time.
    Last edited by JediMindTrick; 06-23-2016 at 11:10 PM.