Default How often has time travel come up in plots for Hellboy/Mignolaverse stories?

I know there have been stories featuring flashbacks to past lives and stuff, but how often have characters in Mignolaverse stories actually travelled back (or forward) in time?

If you're asking how often the word "time travel" or the concept of travelling back both as forward in time (in a calculated sense) actually or specifically comes up the answer seems to be never.

Then again, in multiple stories multiple characters seem to have become affected or be dealing with experiencing to become 'out of time' or beyond ordinary timely progression in one way or another, such as Hellboy in Dr Carps' Experiment, Hellboy in Strange Places, agent Howards in the B.P.R.D., Abe Sapien, or The Visitor to name some examples.

Does that answer or satisfy your question at all?
    Last edited by Kees_L; 10-12-2017 at 04:59 PM.
    SLINT / Mike Mignola / Walt Whitman / Arthur Lourié / Dr. Pepper

Quote Originally Posted by Kees_L View Post
    If you're asking how often the word "time travel" or the concept of travelling back both as forward in time actually or wordedly comes up the answer seems never.

Then again, in multiple stories multiple characters seem to have become affected or be dealing with experiencing to become 'out of time' or beyond ordinary timely progression in one way or another, such as Hellboy in Dr Carps' Experiment, Hellboy in Strange Places, agent Howards in the B.P.R.D., Abe Sapien, or The Visitor to name some examples.

Does that answer or satisfy your question at all?
    I was more curious about whether a character actually travelled from one time period to another (either forward or backwards), physically not just mentally / in a dream / ectoplasmicly, etc.
    The answer would appear to be: hasn't happened (yet)?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I was more curious about whether a character actually travelled from one time period to another (either forward or backwards), physically not just mentally / in a dream / ectoplasmicly, etc.
    The answer would appear to be: hasn't happened (yet)?
    Heh, then I would contest that notion with each of my previous examples, because all those instances as mentioned manifest themselves pretty elaborately more rather than merely mentally / in a dream / ectoplastically or such. Since in all cases there appears no sleeping or dreaming or plasm involved? In my reading at least, so ymmv .
    SLINT / Mike Mignola / Walt Whitman / Arthur Lourié / Dr. Pepper

Quote Originally Posted by Kees_L View Post
    Heh, then I would contest that notion with each of my previous examples, because all those instances as mentioned manifest themselves pretty elaborately more rather than merely mentally / in a dream / ectoplastically or such. Since in all cases there appears no sleeping or dreaming or plasm involved? In my reading at least, so ymmv .
    But checking the Hellboy wiki description for "Dr. Carp's Experiment", there's no proof of actual time travel; we don't know if/what really happened to Hellboy in that room. He thought he experienced something happening to him, but . . . did he?