Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Can anyone find that page from X-Women, where Storm, Psylocke, Rogue, Rachel and Kitty discover Emma has been kidnapped and will be used in some evil scheme, and Rogue's all like, "Do we hafta save her? Anyone but her..." and Storm is all like, "Though we may not like her at all, we must do this!" and everyone agrees they hate her, but have to go save her. That's Claremont canon, and counts 100x whatever Fraction wrote.
    Claremont contradicts his own canon within a span of a month. He also has a blantant disregard for other writers works and I believe the Rogue/Emma thing is from Milligan. Claremont deserves praise for his work but he should not be immune from criticism particularly with his latest work. His work was at it's best when Byrne reeled him in. Without Byrne his work is so so. Also X-Women should not be a good example of Claremonts latest work, there's a lot of really sexist imagery in it courtesy of Claremonts scripts and the artist. Not very favourable to the X-Women.

Additionally the topic of the thread is about Emma Frosts students.
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 06-23-2016 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Claremont contradicts his own canon within a span of a month. He also has a blantant disregard for other writers works and I believe the Rogue/Emma thing is from Milligan. Claremont deserves praise for his work but he should not be immune from criticism particularly with his latest work. His work was at it's best when Byrne reeled him in. Without Byrne his work is so so. Also X-Women should not be a good example of Claremonts latest work, there's a lot of really sexist imagery in itcourtesy of Claremonts scripts and the artist. Not very favourable to the X-Women.

Additionally the topic of the thread is about Emma Frosts students.
    Claremont has been unwavering in his showing the other X-Men's disdain towards Frost.

And I'm sure it would be great to get feedback from Frost's students, but they are mostly dead or otherwise off panel...
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

And I'm sure it would be great to get feedback from Frost's students, but they are mostly dead or otherwise off panel...
    Then keep to the topic.

BANNED

It was in response to "Emma Frost was tolerated because she banged Scott, paid bills and was useful enough as the main telepath."

I'm saying the old guard don't view her as a colleague ever since San Francisco they've moved to viewing her as part of their family. That is what mini-story was about.

For the record there are X-Men that like Emma e.g. Nightcrawler, Beast, Xavier, Gambit and Rogue under certain writers pens, but this thread was about her students.
    Again I am not sure how your pics show they really go bat for Frost. Against a villain sure. But if a fellow X-men is badmouthing Frost or Frost is arguing with another X-men. I don't see many X-men running to her defense.

Then keep to the topic.
    That's funny, wasn't it you who posted images of Wolvie and Storm with Frost....?

None. Like many others, I think the NXm have been burned too much by the older generation. Would they save their lives? Yep. Other than that: nothing to do with them.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Fantastic Member

Can anyone find that page from X-Women, where Storm, Psylocke, Rogue, Rachel and Kitty discover Emma has been kidnapped and will be used in some evil scheme, and Rogue's all like, "Do we hafta save her? Anyone but her..." and Storm is all like, "Though we may not like her at all, we must do this!" and everyone agrees they hate her, but have to go save her. That's Claremont canon, and counts 100x whatever Fraction wrote.
    IMHO most x-men dont like emma, but they respect her and those who like her hate to admit it

Quote Originally Posted by LordLeviathan View Post
    IMHO most x-men dont like emma, but they respect her and those who like her hate to admit it
    I think Beast likes her, unapologetically.

BANNED

I think Beast likes her, unapologetically.
    I think beast wouldn't like to get on her bad side so he tolerates her

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    Bravo!!! I couldn't find my copy just now!

Was X-Women any good?

Just based off that preview, I can't tell if the writing is trying too hard or is actually doing something new with the characters.

Quote Originally Posted by manymade1 View Post
    Was X-Women any good?

Just based off that preview, I can't tell if the writing is trying too hard or is actually doing something new with the characters.
    If you're familiar with Claremontian tropes as I like to call them, you'd like it. It's Claremont completely unrestrained( which can be good or bad based on your preferences of Claremont's work). His fetishes are on clear display.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    If you're familiar with Claremontian tropes as I like to call them, you'd like it. It's Claremont completely unrestrained( which can be good or bad based on your preferences of Claremont's work). His fetishes are on clear display.
    I gathered that by the pantless Kitty. Sounds interesting though. I know it didn't last long, so I assumed it wasn't that great.

Quote Originally Posted by JediKage View Post
    Again I am not sure how your pics show they really go bat for Frost. Against a villain sure. But if a fellow X-men is badmouthing Frost or Frost is arguing with another X-men. I don't see many X-men running to her defense.
    It's already been shown in House of M, Wolverine sided with Frost over killing Wanda over Cyclops, Kitty one of the instances of the top of my head. People don't pick sides on who they like, they'll pick it based on their own complex character backgrounds. In any case this is off topic.

That's funny, wasn't it you who posted images of Wolvie and Storm with Frost....?
    Yep and I clearly pointed out this topic was about the students in that very post so keep on topic.

Quote Originally Posted by manymade1 View Post
    I gathered that by the pantless Kitty. Sounds interesting though. I know it didn't last long, so I assumed it wasn't that great.
    That's a fairly accurate assessment. I wouldn't recommend it even if Frost is cool in it. Wait that's not even the right review I wanted. I'll go look for the one. There's a particularly scene with Storm where no clearly means no, but this continues till the last page with no closure. Kind of disgusting.

https://girlsreadcomics.wordpress.co...atory-fantasy/

Anyway back on topic.

There's always Negasonic Teenage Warhead.

Last edited by ExodusCloak; 06-23-2016 at 04:23 PM.