Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Currently? Depends. How involved was she in "What Cyclops did"?

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    Currently? Depends. How involved was she in "What Cyclops did"?
    That's true, but we can only go on what we know. Given the way they ended things though I'd be quite surprised if she was heavily involved initially. I mean for all we know she could have come down to appear to "stop" him but actually came down to help him at the end and faked both their deaths. The only thing we do know is both will be alive in the end. But I'd say go with what we know forget "What Cyclops Did" for now.
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 06-23-2016 at 04:32 PM.

Yeah... Other than the M-twins whose relationship was standoffish with her from the get-go, I'm pretty sure Jubilee would be the LAST of surviving Gen X-ers to stand up for Emma.

M wouldn't care.

Chamber never really seemed to show much of an opinion that I could recall.

I'd say out of Gen X, Husk is the closest one to being an advocate as she was the one Gen X-er that Emma actually liked.

Quote Originally Posted by manymade1 View Post
    I gathered that by the pantless Kitty. Sounds interesting though. I know it didn't last long, so I assumed it wasn't that great.
    It was just a one-shot. I loved it. Were there lots of silly/supposedly scintillating shots of the ladies? Yes there were, but coming out in the everything is about Cyclops(or Wolverine) era, it was refreshing to see the Claremazons back in focus.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Jubilee, X-23, Husk, Pixie, the Cuckoos, Dust, Jeen, Armor (Her bondage shop buddy) and Magma!
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I don't see Hellion or X standing up for her. Besides his general disillusionment with the elder X-Men constantly failing to protect him and his generation, Julian and Emma had a pretty direct falling out over her actions after M Day. There was no love between X and Emma after AvX, either. In fact Laura outright warned Emma that next time they met one of them would be dead (though because Bendis doesn't give two shits about continuity, it was never addressed when she was taken to the NXS after Arena). She might grudgingly do it depending on the situation, but otherwise she has no love of Emma at all.
    Bendis' books for the most part were pretty lackluster at best, but compared to Avengers Academy his work is Shakespearean. My god those AvX Avengers Academy issues were complete garbage. Laura was horribly written for the most part and you have idiotic students accusing a gay icon like Emma of being homophobic for virtually no reason. That's one thing I am grateful for Bendis ignoring the continuity of.
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    It was just a one-shot. I loved it. Were there lots of silly/supposedly scintillating shots of the ladies? Yes there were, but coming out in the everything is about Cyclops(or Wolverine) era, it was refreshing to see the Claremazons back in focus.
    I was getting it confused with the recent X-Men run that focused on the female characters.

Quote Originally Posted by manymade1 View Post
    I was getting it confused with the recent X-Men run that focused on the female characters.
    Fair enough. Yeah, Wood's run was very lackluster.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Does no one remember the ending of Gen X? Emma brought Adrienne into the school, Adrienne blew up Synch, Emma killed Adrienne and fled the country, leaving her kids. The girls ended up with Banshee in his crazy X-Corp, Skin was killed(after he and Jubes slummed it up in LA for a hot sec) and Jono was completely over the whole thing and was kickin' it with that pop singer until he hooked back up with that random Uncanny team. I doubt any of the Gen X kids would remember Emma fondly, or stand up for her.
    Actually I think you're the one who doesn't remember it. =O

Emma brought Adrienne but she had no idea what a psychopath she had become. Adrienne played Emma and Banshee (and the kids) flawlessly and was one of the only people Emma had never been able to mind read. Although things between them were tense, Emma turning to her sister for help to save the school wasn't a sign of poor judgement when she had no idea just what was going on in her mind.

Emma didn't actually leave the kids. The kids left FIRST, before Emma and before Banshee. They actually had a tearful goodbye scene with Sean and confessed to being afraid to tell Emma they were going their own ways because she was kind of a mess at that point. Banshee then told them he was also leaving. After the kids left is when Emma got the invite to teach in Genosha. She didn't leave the kids with Banshee, Jubilee and Skin went off to make it on their own, I forget where Monet went and it wasn't until later when Banshee started declining that he sought out the girls and rounded them up in to his little project. Emma had nothing to do with Skin's death, it was his choice to leave.

Honestly I think she did everything she could and she was very protective of the kids in her own clumsy and maternally awkward way. She spirited them away during the whole Onslaught fiasco and everything she did during her time on that book was for them and the school. I don't think shes perfect, she makes a lot of mistakes but I think it's what makes her a compelling teacher. She's one of the few X-Men who really gets to know the kids and actively tries to help them, even if it's not in a socially acceptable way. I think a fair amount of students would stand up for her, even though they might not even like her. Monet might still blame her for Synch's death and even though she respected Frost, the Twins!Monet had most of the positive development with Emma. I think if she needed them and the situation was dire, they'd stand with her but they wouldn't exactly show up for any tea parties. Hellion I don't know. They fell out badly and since NXM have been relegated so far, we don't know if that relationship was ever repaired. Pixie yes, X-23... doubt it but shes rational and would probably weigh in the context. She's angry over the Phoenix event but she should know better than anyone what its like to be controlled or under an influence. Jean and cuckoos yes. I think Cuckoo relationship has been repaired after a very long period of animosity.