Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I basically only payed any attention to the book because Anya was in it, and she was barely there it felt like.

I otherwise didn't really give a hoot about any of the conflict or other characters. In theory the book should have been a lot of fun with all the various alternate realities and spider-people. It mostly wasn't though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Web Warriors #11 has been solicited as the "Final issue." This was a series spun-off from a major ASM storyline, with the red hot Spider-Gwen in a leading role, that fell to Earth incredibly quickly.

What went wrong with Web Warriors?
    What went right is the more apt question.

In all seriousness:

a) It's a problem perrenial to most new books. For goodness sake DON'T make your opening story anything longer than 2 issues. Your opener isn't supposed to be a finale or a climax or a game changer it's supposed to be set up but if it's more than 2 issues you've taken waaaaaaay too long to set anything up but because you've not set anything up when you go for big moments they mean nothing because no one's got investment yet.

b) sidelining Mayday and pushing Arana. No wait hear me out. Mayday is THE most hihg profile character there. Easily. Why oh why is she a side show? And why is Arana who had been underutilized up until issue #5 then pushed at THAT point as leader? It should've happened earlier

c) Oh dear God the Gwen bandwagon train this book pushed.She's overexposed and this helped do it

d) They are too similar visuall and powerwise to one another

e) Not enough variety to the stories because again you decompressed your opening arc, dumb, dumb, dumb never do that unless you are bendis writing New Avengers where Spider-Man, Wolverine, Iron Man, Captain America and the name Avengers will guanrtee sales

Incredible Member

the fact that the whole series was pretty much the same as Exiles, but whereas Exiles had a diverse cast of characters Spider-Verse was flooded with mostly different version of Peter and characters who's powers are virtually the same. Or possibly the fact that the premise of the Spider-verse was weak to begin with, Marvel already has a good number of trans-dimensional characters to play with without trying to make Spidey into one.

I've been asking for a book like web warriors for a long time... But not with this cast of characters
    I want a Peter Parker led spider-person team with people like kaine, miles, Spock. More a listers and less spider hams

BANNED

It was a solid idea on paper and could have lead to greater threats, but it had a few things going against them:

1. The over reliance of SPIDER-Gwen.

2. The downplay of Mayday, enough that I wish she wasn't involved in the series in the first place. she should've just stayed in her own home world away from the craziness and wait for Tom Defalco to write her again.

3. The fact that they could have made this an anthology of Spider-verse stories instead of one big storyline arc would have been a bit better.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

I only read about 4 issues but I didn't need more to see this book had issues. Most of them have already been covered.

1. Too much Gwen. I like Gwen, I read her solo, but this book should have been shining the spotlight on some of the other guys. I don't know if they thought they were playing it safe but it seems to have backfired.

2. They did the Electro story too soon. A pretty uninspired, obvious choice that could have been built up long term into something epic.

3. Wasn't a big fan of the art.

4. Where the hell was Lady Spider?

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    I only read about 4 issues but I didn't need more to see this book had issues. Most of them have already been covered.

1. Too much Gwen. I like Gwen, I read her solo, but this book should have been shining the spotlight on some of the other guys. I don't know if they thought they were playing it safe but it seems to have backfired.

2. They did the Electro story too soon. A pretty uninspired, obvious choice that could have been built up long term into something epic.

3. Wasn't a big fan of the art.

4. Where the hell was Lady Spider?
    Lady Spider appeared and joined the cast at the end of the Electro arc.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Lady Spider appeared and joined the cast at the end of the Electro arc.
    Damn, I gave up too soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    Damn, I gave up too soon!
    She does absolutely nothing of importance and her intelligence is downplayed so Costa could push his pet characters, Pavitr and Octavia.

I thought they could have done something with Electro collecting silver, but they just made it to replace copper as a better conductor. The silver angle could have gone in a more interesting direction.

Astonishing Member

I would really like to know why they had to cancel this book. I personally liked because I could see more of May Mayday Parker (MC2) and other popular spiders. If they cancel it, they are going to ruin a good book. I hope we can see them again, somehow, in another comic. It wouldn't mind me if some of them become supporting casting of Spider-Man.

Astonishing Member

Not featuring Galina Tsarfin, daughter of Spider-Man & Black Widow...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Not featuring Galina Tsarfin, daughter of Spider-Man & Black Widow...
    No, Galina is the daughter of Black Widow and a radioactive spider. Spider-Man is the father of Galina's children. Galina has never been the daughter of Black Widow and Spider-Man, so if the problem is that Web Warriors never used Peter and Natasha's daughter, that's a bit of an unfair call when such a daughter doesn't even exist.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I would really like to know why they had to cancel this book. I personally liked because I could see more of May Mayday Parker (MC2) and other popular spiders. If they cancel it, they are going to ruin a good book. I hope we can see them again, somehow, in another comic. It wouldn't mind me if some of them become supporting casting of Spider-Man.
    Or at least send every Spider back to their world safe and sound. I mean Mayday has to go back sometime. Either that or have it establish that it's an alternate MAYDAY that is in the story to avoid Tom Defalco and Ron Frenz's original creation.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Too much Gwen focus at the cost of the team. Hrck, some issues was almost entirely just Gwen while the others barely appearing. Heck, Anya has like 2 sentences in the early issues while Gwen was taking up all the text.

Electro arc wasn't the best start. He just isn't that big of a pull.

Also, what was with Anya being made light skinndd? She's a latina, give her some color!

We never saw how the team eventually came together. Not even flashbacks or comments.

The team was never allowed to be a team. They kept getting split up. This should have been like the Exiles, not the Gwen adventures when Gwen already has her own book.

Peter should have had some presence in the book, he would have been the strong connection to 616 other than Anya.

There's already a lot of Spider books with big names.

The Kaine plot line was ignored, huge disappointment.

-

And now I'm stuck waiting for Anya to appear again as she'll most likely get dropped into limbo unless this gets reboozed under a new team.
    Last edited by Sardorim; 07-10-2016 at 05:45 PM.