Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Ultimate Member

Seems a bit like this is the best that we're going to get for any version of Angel, that they'll leave him at some halfway house afterwards or if the real Warren does return that he won't have his wings so he won't be on the team...there's filler issues in every arc, maybe it seemed like a filler issue because Magneto didn't dominate everything as he seems to do lately with Bunn's writing...

I see people speculating that "Warren" (Life Seed Angel) doesn't/won't have his wings anymore, because they've been removed, but that's not the case.

They're growing back repeatedly and are being harvested by Akkaba to grow little fake-Archangels for Genocide.

This has actually happened before, in the 2008 Craig/Yost X-Force, where Warren's wings were torn off and brought to the Purifiers, then implanted in a bunch of soldiers called the Choir.

Choir.jpg
    Psylocke · Magneto · Archangel / Angel · X-23 · O5
    April 2012 Posts: 351 RIP me

nuAngel was always a magic clone with no memories of the real Warren. The Archangel, while just as empty mentally, is his true self and still has wings. So who cares.

Ultimate Member

I was just saying that it would be a way for Bunn to bring the "real" Warren back but then have a built in reason for him to no longer be part of the team and for he and Betsy to not be together, not saying that Bunn has to do put them together just that it would be an easy out for them not to be together if Bunn chose to go that way...NuAngel was always actually if memory serves Warren's actual body with the lifeseed inside of it, so not a clone last I checked...

So finally read it and it wasnt bad just nothing big happened this issue. And yes Im slightly confused by the archangel situation.

I disagree that readers are being led on that real Warren is coming back. If Warren wasnt in this you'd be complaining. You have two different versions of him in this arc and youre still not satisfied. Cut it out.

One or two more issues left? Hope CB blows us aways.

Ultimate Member

Never said that they were being lead to believe that the real Warren was coming back, only that the possibility is there, why it's a tease...you tease that maybe he is so that then people should pick up the book to find out, "Warren" hasn't been around for years so it wouldn't have been any surprise at all if he hadn't been in the book and technically "Warren" isn't in this book, NuAngel and a bunch of clones/robots are, don't see people happy when they're teased with is Jean coming back only to end up with Hope and Rachel instead...not sure about how many issues left either...

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    One or two more issues left? Hope CB blows us aways.
    To the story arc? Or are they rebooting the series again?
    Jean loves me this I know because the church says it so.

Havok and Emma were right.

Ultimate Member

I'm guessing just to the story arc, though a roster shakeup to one degree or another in the not so distant future is probably coming...

Quote Originally Posted by sureshot View Post
    To the story arc? Or are they rebooting the series again?
    From the solicits there is only one issue left to go to finish the story arc up. Next Story Arc is the Hellfire Club and Someday Corporation.

Also to back up Cadaverine's statement, an unlettered preview page from the X-Position with Cullen Bunn confirms that NuAngel periodically regrows Archangel's Wings as one panel shows a bit of the regrown wings during the final conflict. Will post the scan later.

My Theory as to all of this makes me think that they took most if not all of Archangel's Wings to regrow/revive the Original. Somehow the Original Drone escaped to be found by Magneto and they were forced to re-harvest or recuperate their loses by periodically extracting as much of the original wings as they could. Then again they could of had this in mind from the start. I believe that the original drone is some sort of Hive Queen for the Drone Archangels but to what extend I am not sure. It would most likely come to play towards the end of the arc.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    So far it seems like a tease that maybe the real Warren is returning so people pick up the book only to find out that it's not, like having a character that looks like Jean but isn't in the previews for an issue or two or something like that...
    Well I said so far it seems so that left room open for things to change in the end, things could get settled that the drones are gone and we're back to the NuAngel without wings as well....not sure if the "real" Warren is coming back, or he does but doesn't have his wings anymore...Monet and Emplate could also be about settling old scores or accepting your past and moving on from it kind of a thing as well...
    You're making it seem like the readers are being bamboozled into picking this title up with the promise of original personality Warren returning. You're insinuating and just stating things as fact.

We know there is a mystery to Drone Archangel and Nu Angel
    Readers aren't being led on they're just being asked to read the story for what it is. There is no teasing.
    I'm not getting how you're coming up with these ideas.
    You're just setting yourself up to be disappointed and to complain

Ultimate Member

Yet again I'm not insinuating anything or stating anything as fact, only saying that it seems to be that the tease that he might be coming back is what is going on, I've never said anything about anything being promised to anyone about Warren, only that the solits and such made it seem as if he could be coming back so that then the reader would have to pick up the book to find out, it's like saying that Gambit would be in the next Avengers issue of the team that Rogue is a part so then some people would buy the issue to find out if the two actually meet up during the issue...

Again only ever said that he might be coming back, hope that he does but a big part of me expects him not to be, that Bunn isn't going to actually bring him back, just get some of us to think that it could happen, so that we'll buy the book...

And said that so far the mystery between the two doesn't involve the "real" Warren we're just led to think that it might for awhile....

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    From the solicits there is only one issue left to go to finish the story arc up. Next Story Arc is the Hellfire Club and Someday Corporation.
    Thanks much appreciated. I should have checked the solicits myself. Just been really busy. Bunn is doing a really good job on the series. While also being my favorite X-series. So I wanted to make sure it was not cancelled.
    Jean loves me this I know because the church says it so.

Havok and Emma were right.

NuAngel was always actually if memory serves Warren's actual body with the lifeseed inside of it, so not a clone last I checked...

No, BuAngel is a being born from the Lifeseed. It's a real body, but not the one that lived his previous life and was killed by Psylocke.

And said that so far the mystery between the two doesn't involve the "real" Warren we're just led to think that it might for awhile....
    We've no reason not to think the Archangel body on the other hand isn't the real Warren, if mindwiped.

I actually far prefer drone-Archangel to Life-Seed-idiot Angel. If something happens to drone-Archangel I will be sad to see him go, he's a great team asset.
    Psylocke · Magneto · Archangel / Angel · X-23 · O5
    April 2012 Posts: 351 RIP me

Ultimate Member

Though technically he's not a character just a mindless drone...