Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But . . . which version of Lois and Clark?

I'm partial to

Action Comics #484 (June 1978)
    Out of all the versions of Superman's wedding, this is really the only one I like. The Wedding Album story where Clark has no powers and he and Lois get kidnapped? Not my favorite. I'm actually pretty partial to the one from the Lois & Clark TV show where he marries Lois' clone, but you have to shut it off before the last scene. And then, you know, ignore the fact that they're never actually married until sometime the next whole season. The one from Smallville similarly never gets completed in full, and besides, Clark almost marrying Lois before becoming Superman is nuts on a macro-franchise level, but it's even more nuts when they want us to believe he goes on to become Superman and then wait seven whole years before actually marrying her, when he was about to do it beforehand.

But Superman Takes a Wife is great! It definitely falls to that Silver Age identity weirdness thing, but frankly that's the spirit of the time, and anyway it makes for a real solid yarn!
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Astonishing Member

My real answer is probably Aquaman and Mera, because Batman and Robin were there with scuba bubble helmets on and Wonder Woman was the Maid of Honor.

But my fun answer is Nightwing & Starfire, because it got ruined by their evil drunk friend.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Donna could only have been twenty at the time of the wedding, she had been a teen. And Terry was a college professor--so generously he might have been twenty-nine, but more likely in his mid to late thirties. He certainly wasn't drawn to look young. So it came across as creepy that this lech was marrying the baby-sitter.
    He was specifically stated to be 29 to her 19 when he was introduced.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    The Wedding of Bouncing Boy and Duo Damsel was so big that it broke the ficitional boundaries between Martians. It was so big that it re-ignited the X-Men. It was so big that Angelina Jolie's right leg made a special appearance.
    AND it was drawn by Dave Cochram!
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Retired

The interesting thing is that the cover for ACTION COMICS 484 resembles an earlier cover for ACTION COMICS 206, from 1955, in which Lois Lane marries Superman only to wake up and realize it was all a dream. But since 1955 is close to when the happy event in 484 was supposed to have taken place, maybe you weren't dreaming, Lois.

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But . . . which version of Lois and Clark?

I'm partial to

Action Comics #484 (June 1978)
    . . . But Superman Takes a Wife is great! It definitely falls to that Silver Age identity weirdness thing, but frankly that's the spirit of the time, and anyway it makes for a real solid yarn!
    Since the story came out in 1978, that would have made it a Bronze Age story.
    The fact that it was the Earth-2 (pre-CoIE version) Superman/Clark and Lois would have made it about the Golden Age characters. That "identity weirdness thing" actually started slightly before the Silver Age, but was a not uncommon trope that carried into many Silver Age stories.

Retired

The Mr. & Mrs. Superman feature, written by E. Nelson Bridwell and pencilled by Kurt Schaffenberger, followed after that marriage and was set in the 1950s. It had the flavour of Superman comics from the 1950s and 1960s--allowing Bridwell and Schaffenberger to obliquely pay homage to that era. This is kind of odd, because fans like to make stark distinctions between what they call "Golden Age" or "Silver Age" (and even so-called "Bronze Age"), but the Mr. & Mrs. Superman series seemed to suggest that the original Superman would have evolved on Earth-Two into the same kind of hero you saw in the actual 1950s and 1960s comics--just that he would have been married.

Near Long Island. No Circus Pizza, though.

Superman and Lois
    STAS apologist, New 52 apologist, writer of several DC fan projects.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

wedding-aquaman18.jpg

Beautiful!

Ray Palmer even had a little bubble helmet.