Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Retired

The Wedding of Bouncing Boy and Duo Damsel was so big that it broke the ficitional boundaries between Martians. It was so big that it re-ignited the X-Men. It was so big that Angelina Jolie's right leg made a special appearance.

The wedding of Lightning Lad and Saturn Girl had the best "wedding photo," with a two-page spread by Mike Grell, in a treasury edition format. The story itself isn't bad, though not quite so spectacular to carry the format.

Teen Titans had one of the best stories, for my money.

Retired

I love Mike Grell and Dave Cockrum both and I wouldn't want to choose between them but ALL-NEW COLLECTORS' EDITION C-55 (1978) despite having so many advantages in its favour over SUPERBOY No. 200 (January-February '74) still manged to underwhelm.

It's hilarious that Bates and Cockrum made so much out of the wedding of Bouncing Boy and Duo Damsel--not exactly the leading characters in the LSH. While, if the Legion has any stars, then Lightning Lad and Saturn Girl are surely two of the biggest names and their story had been playing out over twenty years by the time they got married--so the hype was strong for those nuptuals.

Yet Cockrum, denied even a two page spread, managed to squeeze in more majestic details and in-jokes on his one page than what Grell fit into a tabloid-size two-page spread. The reason why Grell's spread was so spare might be blamed on Vince Colletta who inked far too much of Grell's stuff when he was at DC--but I don't know if that totally lets Iron Mike off the hook. You could blow up Cockrum's page to fit that tabloid-size spread and it would still be more impressive.

As well, the very fact that D.C. did that spread probably set the standard for similar events to come, including Garth and Imra's vows. All the other artist who took their inspiration from Dave are standing on the shoulders of a giant.

And as I alluded to before, Dave quit DC, partly because Murray Boltinoff wouldn't let him have the original art for that spread. It was one more insult that pushed Cockrum to leave National Periodicals and hook his star to Marvel, revitalizing the X-Men and all that flowed from that. The wrong-headed decisions by Boltinoff and Infantino re. Dave Cockrum was one of the biggest missteps they ever took.

But to turn back to the positive and away from the negative, when SUPERBOY No. 200 came out it was like a shout of celebration that the Legion was back! It was an inspirational event that set the team on the road to their future successes--after having been in the basement only a few years before. Long Live the Legion!

Mighty Member

Saturn Girl and Lightning Lad in a Treasury edition of S&LSH. Levitz, Grell, a wrap-around cover, time travel, Superboy threatening to deck Wildfire...good times.

I'm going with Lois and Clark. That was always my favorite. Though I'm a fan of a lot of the ones mentioned in this thread.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Donna and Terry. It was a fantastic issue drawn by the great George Perez.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Lois and Clark?
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLanternRanger View Post
    Lois & Clark for me. I'm a sucker for classic couples.
    Quote Originally Posted by manduck37 View Post
    I'm going with Lois and Clark. That was always my favorite. Though I'm a fan of a lot of the ones mentioned in this thread.
    But . . . which version of Lois and Clark?

I'm partial to

Action Comics #484 (June 1978)

Let's post the wedding photos! Here are the 3 Legion weddings!

Last edited by Comic-Reader Lad; 11-05-2018 at 08:38 PM.

BajaJunior

Lobo and Bueno Excellente

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    It can't be Donna and Terry because we all hate Terry--right? I mean, how could you feel good about our Donna marrying that guy? Yuck--just the thought of that fuzzy-faced self-important twit makes me wretch with loathing.

I'd have to say the wedding of Barry and Iris in the THE FLASH No. 165 (November '66). Followed by the marriage of Bouncing Boy and Duo Damsel in SUPERBOY No. 200 (January-February '74).

If Ralph and Sue had got married on panel and not just in a newspaper announcement--in THE FLASH No. 119 (March '61)--and more importantly if Sue had been introduced as a character prior to their marriage, then that would have rated high with me.
    The Donna/Gary Stu wedding was very nice; Perez really put his heart into it. But Terry was admittedly a Gary Stu for Wolfman himself, and that's too . . . well, Gary Stu . . .

Retired

For THE FLASH 165, Murphy Anderson happened to do the cover art for the big day (and snuck his name on the cover), because Carmine Infantino was out sick.

But Carmine was well enough to pencil the story inside, inked by Joe Giella.

Lois and Clark, no question.

Cant choose between Wally and Linda or Lois and Clark so I’m going with my outside the box pick: Pre-Flashpoint Nightwing and Oracle in Convergence: Nightwing and Oracle
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Don't know how great this wedding turned out, but love the trippy image, with everyone's superhero ID transposed floating above.

One of the most joyful images in DC cannon, so I'm sure DC in their cynical pursuit to prove they are really dark and edgy have sense found a millions ways to mess with it.
    Last edited by Güicho; 11-07-2018 at 04:17 PM.

Retired

Yeah, DC messed with the marriage of Aquaman and Mera by having Black Manta kill their infant son, thus splltting up the two over the tragedy.

Mento and Elasti-Girl had a crazy wedding in DOOM PATROL 104, to which several invited and uninvited guests came.

The guy with the guitar is Super-Hip from THE ADVENTURES OF BOB HOPE.