Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hold on. Wasn't Tom Rothman the guy who ran X-Men into the ground after X2 and decided to stop production on Deadpool for years? And now he's the successor of Amy Pascal? Nice going Sony, the guy has a history of turning solid gold into poop.
    "Tell me there's something better. Go ahead, try."

Quote Originally Posted by tg1982 View Post
    I agree. Sony took five movies to try to get Spider-Man right. Marvel nailed it in five minutes. Sony, foot the bill, and let Marvel do it's thing. You won't regret it. I wish Fox and Marvel would team up like this for Fantastic Four and X-men.

EDIT: Just curious. How much control did Kevin Feige actually have over the Incredible Hulk? Not trying to make excuses for him, but it's possible that Feige didn't have as much control as he does with Marvel Studios.
    IIRC, he was promoted to his position when IM2 was in production but I recall that he did some interviews around the time the Incredible Hulk came out and the controversy with Norton leaving the franchise was breaking all over the internet.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by tg1982 View Post
    I agree. Sony took five movies to try to get Spider-Man right. Marvel nailed it in five minutes. Sony, foot the bill, and let Marvel do it's thing. You won't regret it. I wish Fox and Marvel would team up like this for Fantastic Four and X-men.

EDIT: Just curious. How much control did Kevin Feige actually have over the Incredible Hulk? Not trying to make excuses for him, but it's possible that Feige didn't have as much control as he does with Marvel Studios.
    I never want to give someone an easy pass based on past accomplishments. The only thing I can think of with the Incredible Hulk that might have been different had it been a straight-up production by Marvel Studios and distributed by Paramount is maybe, a big maybe, the movie might have done better in box office. Paramount had distributed pretty much all the Marvel Studios movies prior to the Avengers, with the exception of Incredible Hulk. Feige has been the president of Marvel Studios since it's inception, so he is responsible for the Incredible Hulk.

In the end, Incredible Hulk is plagued by some really spotty CGI in parts and fairly unremarkable action set pieces. I look at the final fight between the Abomination and the Hulk and it should have been a lot more badass than it ended up being. By comparison, despite how much of a crappy movie it was, the desert scene from Ang Lee's Hulk was way more awesome than anything in Incredible Hulk.

As far as Fox and Marvel Studios teaming up, I'm ok with maybe a partnership for the X-Men movies, but I want Fox to straight up sell the rights back to Marvel Studios or give it back, whichever they want. I want Marvel Studios to have free reign over characters like Dr. Doom, Silver Surfer and Galactus without needing permission from Fox. Fox wants to do a whole bunch of grounded bullshit with the X-Men, that's fine. I just want to see a giant space god in Galactus and his badass herald! Also, to have one of the greatest supervillains in comics history to just straight up return home. None of this partnership bullshit with Fox.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/