Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by eckesg1 View Post
    WARNING WARNING! Too many villains.

I would not think Marvel would the same mistake Sony did
    Always need to account for not knowing the size of the roles. Winter Soldier had Crossbones, Batroc, Arnim Zola, and the Winter Soldier himself as antagonists and it's one of Marvel's top three films. Guardians of the Galaxy had Thanos, Ronan, and Nebula. Civil War managed Zemo and Crossbones while having Tony as an effective antagonist. Age of Ultron, for its failings, didn't have any problem balancing Ultron, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, and Klaw in one film. Marvel's balanced all of this well.

The problems with films like Spider-Man 3 or Amazing Spider-Man 2 are less with the amount of villains and more with how they handled them. Rhino had all of five minutes of screen time in ASM 2, but the failure lay in the fact the Electro was poorly done and they just kind of jammed in the Green Goblin as an afterthought at the end rather than organically growing him. SM3's problem was that Sandman was more scenery than villain and Franco was awful while the Venom thing was just a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by 0bsessions View Post
    Always need to account for not knowing the size of the roles. Winter Soldier had Crossbones, Batroc, Arnim Zola, and the Winter Soldier himself as antagonists and it's one of Marvel's top three films. Guardians of the Galaxy had Thanos, Ronan, and Nebula. Civil War managed Zemo and Crossbones while having Tony as an effective antagonist. Age of Ultron, for its failings, didn't have any problem balancing Ultron, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, and Klaw in one film. Marvel's balanced all of this well.

The problems with films like Spider-Man 3 or Amazing Spider-Man 2 are less with the amount of villains and more with how they handled them. Rhino had all of five minutes of screen time in ASM 2, but the failure lay in the fact the Electro was poorly done and they just kind of jammed in the Green Goblin as an afterthought at the end rather than organically growing him. SM3's problem was that Sandman was more scenery than villain and Franco was awful while the Venom thing was just a mess.
    Also if you look at the very first episode of the spectacular spider-man (which I think this movie and Holland's character are drawing slot of inspiration from) it contained a very successful and cohesive story but also introduced tombstone, the vulture and the enforcers, while also having the civilian identities of the green goblin, doc oc, the lizard, venom and the jakal all around a 23 minute runtime
    I do Comic Art here! - http://iconiciceblog.tumblr.com/

Spectacular Member

Has to be Tombstone.

I was disappointed in the decision to do 2 villains. Three? Now, we're pushing it.
    Hank Pym: You're taking over? Come on, give me one good reason why—
    Iron Man: Three words. You're. Hank. Pym.

Quote Originally Posted by The Ice-Guy View Post
    Also if you look at the very first episode of the spectacular spider-man (which I think this movie and Holland's character are drawing slot of inspiration from) it contained a very successful and cohesive story but also introduced tombstone, the vulture and the enforcers, while also having the civilian identities of the green goblin, doc oc, the lizard, venom and the jakal all around a 23 minute runtime
    Man, Spectacular was great. It makes Ultimate seem as compelling as an episode of The Groovy Ghoulies.