Quote Originally Posted by JediMindTrick View Post
The reality is that a telepath wouldn't be friends with anyone. Think of all the mindless garbage that goes through your head. Think of all the offensive or sexual thoughts you have about any and everyone for good or bad and how you out of decorum don't voice most of it. Guys especially tend to sexualize everyone into one of three categories: do-able, do-able if drunk, and there isn't enough alcohol in the world. I doubt a telepath could stand the sheer idiocy, depravity, and offensiveness they'd be subjected to by any and everyone and would thus isolate themselves.

Even when it wasn't offensive it would drive the telepath mad. You get "we built this city, we built this city on rock and roll" stuck in your head and are repeating the chorus over and over and you not only drive yourself mad but the telepath who now is hearing you repeat and has it in stereo because they now have it in their head. And then when you finally get it out of your head something trips "I'm a Barbie Girl in a Barbie World, hooked on plastic, its fantastic" at which point the telepath murders you.
Well, that why i said that if we are talking about Emma or Jean, a dominatrix and a sociopath, then yes.