Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by JediMindTrick View Post
    The reality is that a telepath wouldn't be friends with anyone. Think of all the mindless garbage that goes through your head. Think of all the offensive or sexual thoughts you have about any and everyone for good or bad and how you out of decorum don't voice most of it. Guys especially tend to sexualize everyone into one of three categories: do-able, do-able if drunk, and there isn't enough alcohol in the world. I doubt a telepath could stand the sheer idiocy, depravity, and offensiveness they'd be subjected to by any and everyone and would thus isolate themselves.

Even when it wasn't offensive it would drive the telepath mad. You get "we built this city, we built this city on rock and roll" stuck in your head and are repeating the chorus over and over and you not only drive yourself mad but the telepath who now is hearing you repeat and has it in stereo because they now have it in their head. And then when you finally get it out of your head something trips "I'm a Barbie Girl in a Barbie World, hooked on plastic, its fantastic" at which point the telepath murders you.
    Well, that why i said that if we are talking about Emma or Jean, a dominatrix and a sociopath, then yes.

The reality is that a telepath wouldn't be friends with anyone. Think of all the mindless garbage that goes through your head. Think of all the offensive or sexual thoughts you have about any and everyone for good or bad and how you out of decorum don't voice most of it. Guys especially tend to sexualize everyone into one of three categories: do-able, do-able if drunk, and there isn't enough alcohol in the world. I doubt a telepath could stand the sheer idiocy, depravity, and offensiveness they'd be subjected to by any and everyone and would thus isolate themselves.

Even when it wasn't offensive it would drive the telepath mad. You get "we built this city, we built this city on rock and roll" stuck in your head and are repeating the chorus over and over and you not only drive yourself mad but the telepath who now is hearing you repeat and has it in stereo because they now have it in their head. And then when you finally get it out of your head something trips "I'm a Barbie Girl in a Barbie World, hooked on plastic, its fantastic" at which point the telepath murders you.
    i tought blocking other people´s toughts was a pretty basic ability that only requires some training and force of will, emma taught jeen pretty quickly what xavier never did.

Yeah, this is how it would most probably work, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by myeldermoon View Post
    i tought blocking other people´s toughts was a pretty basic ability that only requires some training and force of will, emma taught jeen pretty quickly what xavier never did.
    Eh, it's part of the stories as an easy handwave to explain why all telepaths don't immediately go crazy or why they can't read things that would help them stop the plot from happening. That means that it only works whenever and however writer wants it to work (this pretty much applies to non-psychics' ability to block telepaths from reading their minds as well). Sometimes telepaths have been shown going totally off the deep end because they can't block other people's thoughts at all. And even skilled telepaths like Jean and Xavier have had their weaker moments when they were unable to stop hearing other people's thoughts for dramatic purposes. So even in the comics that ability is portrayed inconsistently. And if we were to imagine that telepaths really existed then it could vary how often they could block mind reading and how often they would be unable to do so. Telepaths' power level and skill level would probably also affect their ability to block thoughts.

BANNED

Yeah especially if it's pre-swap Psylocke. But if Telepathy worked the way physics thinks it owuld. They would not pick up random thoughts. They'd have to tune into your mind like a radio looking for a signal.
    So there'd be no random Telepaths going bonkers from the noise. They have to learn to tune out the nose the way a radio tunes out other stations. But it's a trait they'd develop. Radio can be picked up easily by a receiver.
    If a telepath is in your head you'd know it. And you could adjust your frequency to keep them out.

I think People like me, with a creative mind, and having multiple thought processes running at the same time, Telepaths might like it. Especially since it's not all about having sex, but genuine thoughts on everyday, future stuff, or even dreams to share.

I'd love to be a Telepath and dating one. In the movie Scanners, the two Telepaths have Psychic Sex. It was probably an amazing experience.

Absolutely. Finally, once and for all, she would know that I'm not a mind-reader.

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

I think it would demand a great amount of trust and unselfishness (for both parts) that very few of us would be ready to give...