Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Favorite Marvel Comics Quotes?

Just wondering. Does anyone have lines/quotes from Marvel characters thy absolutely love whether it be a silly catchphrase or a meaningful bit of exposition like Cap's NO YOU MOVE speech to Spider-man?

If so please post some. BUT please say who said it and what specific issue.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    Just wondering. Does anyone have lines/quotes from Marvel characters thy absolutely love whether it be a silly catchphrase or a meaningful bit of exposition like Cap's NO YOU MOVE speech to Spider-man?

If so please post some. BUT please say who said it and what specific issue.
    I have no quotes, but I wanted to react to something:

Was Sharon's "No, you move" eulogy from Captain America: Civil War from the comics? If so, that's awesome! Which one?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Taral-DLOS View Post

Was Sharon's "No, you move" eulogy from Captain America: Civil War from the comics? If so, that's awesome! Which one?
    Yep. her eulogy lifted from something Captain America told Spider-man during a tie in to the original Civil War comic.

"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move." In Amazing Spider-Man #537

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

If I am to become this thing... let it be at a time of my own choosing.
    -King Namor "We Are All Monsters Now"
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

probably everything from gambit in james asmus' comic

When considering destroying another Earth to save the universe

"Am I the only man here with the courage of his convictions or am I the only one with any conviction at all? These lines you won't cross, these things you won't do, they shame you. How dare any of you put your damned morals above above the lives of every living thing? The truth is... you people aren't worth that, and neither am I. Our lives are a pittance. A small, petty nothing. Of course this is worth it. Now watch... as I do what you could not." - Namor, New Avengers #22
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

"The divine sarcasm, dear. The clue was the bit where my lips moved." - Elsa Bloodstone, Secret Wars Marvel Zombies #2. There are few times this isn't applicable.

"Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go punch a dinosaur." - Captain Marvel, Captain Marvel vol. 7 #9. AKA what I will say to a friend if we ever see Donald Trump or Nigel Farage in the flesh.
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Taral-DLOS View Post

Sure was. I was actually said by Captain America to Spider-Man in Civil War...

Cap being Cap.jpg

It's one of my favorite quotes.

Here is another quote that I really like...

Cap being Cap again.jpg
    I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington

BANNED

For me

"That first hurling was but a warning Pisces. Thou shouldst have paid it heed!"

Thor in WCA Annual #1 moments before creaming the LMD Zodiac Pisces

Quoted for truth.

and...
    Last edited by Winterboy; 06-24-2016 at 12:27 PM.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Jean Grey vs the U-men. New X-men #120.

Fantastic Member

Can't find a scan, but my favourite line has to be Frank Castle in The Punisher: The End. Even after everything, when he finds out about the truth of the last guy left alive on the planet with him, and just as he moves in for the kill, his final descent into nihilism:

"The human race. You've seen what that leads to."

Chills.

From Ms. Marvel:
    Good.jpg
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

I think this quote embodies Nova (Richard Rider), and you could see where his head was at even before he experienced Annihilation.

"We did what we had to had to do, what we always do. The right thing."

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Jean Grey vs the U-men. New X-men #120.

That's Jean at her fiercest. Love it.