Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

It seems the Hulk really only gets one or two line of dialogue every film. Hulk="Puny human"/"Take it all", Incredible Hulk: "Hulk smash!" "Betty?" and of course "Puny god" in Avengers. I'm not sure he spoke at all in Avengers Age of Ultron.

There's a possibilty that he might get more dialogue in "Thor: Ragnarok"-Ruffalo has hinted that the personas might merge a bit more, which could mean a more talkative Hulk, although probably more like one of the smarter green Hulks or Grey Hulk, and not a full merged/professor/Doc Green Bannerish Hulk.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    It seems the Hulk really only gets one or two line of dialogue every film. Hulk="Puny human"/"Take it all", Incredible Hulk: "Hulk smash!" "Betty?" and of course "Puny god" in Avengers. I'm not sure he spoke at all in Avengers Age of Ultron.

There's a possibilty that he might get more dialogue in "Thor: Ragnarok"-Ruffalo has hinted that the personas might merge a bit more, which could mean a more talkative Hulk, although probably more like one of the smarter green Hulks or Grey Hulk, and not a full merged/professor/Doc Green Bannerish Hulk.
    Given the nature of the Hulk, this shouldn't be surprising.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Such a horrible movie. Everything about it just screamed "these people just don't get it". I would put it on par with Batman and Robin and Catwoman it was just that bad. From dumb plots to Nick Nolte chewing scenes like he was a starving man to Eric Bana being about as compelling as a block of wood this movie just missed on everything.

There should have been a physical villain from early on. Should have made the gamma accident a shared one. "Igor the Spy" could have been used here, and become the Abomination or a B-list bruiser from the comics. Should have named Bruce's father something besides "David" (come on, really?)
    The dogs were okay, but the poodle lent an air of absurdity (aside from that which comes with the Hulk himself). Talbot's death was a little anticlimactic. The extremely esoteric climax didn't work for me.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Such a horrible movie. Everything about it just screamed "these people just don't get it". I would put it on par with Batman and Robin and Catwoman it was just that bad. From dumb plots to Nick Nolte chewing scenes like he was a starving man to Eric Bana being about as compelling as a block of wood this movie just missed on everything.
    What doesn't the movie "get" about Hulk? That Thunderbolt Ross can be a compelling character with real motives? That The Hulk is a cerebral story with a lot of personal implications?

I used to like it quite a bit, and of course, I also got a lot of shit for liking it.

So it's nice to see there are a few others that appreciate it a bit. There are certainly better CBMs out there, but I still prefer it to the Incredible Hulk.

On a side note, the novelization by Peter David-- which I read before actually seeing the film-- was excellent. It went deeper into the backstory of Bruce ('Krenzler'), how he was raised by foster parents after his father murdered his mother, which was all secretly monitored by the federal government.

Hulk is the original MoS.

People didnt like the serious tone.

Incredible Member

Its still one of my favorite superhero movies of all time.

People like to say it was boring and shit on the Hulk dogs, but the FX and action are still great and its probably the deepest superhero comic movie out there. Also loved the fact that the Hulk is basically Baby Bruce.

"Puny Human." So awesome.
    G.O.A.T.: Greatest Of All Time now on Patreon. Please support or spread the word www.patreon.com/andrewhuerta

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post

The Incredible Hulk
    was serious. It just didn't suck like The Hulk.

That "finale"...wow. Spectacularly bad. Maybe it was conceived and edited as an abstract expression.

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post

The tone was fine it was the funny looking hulk, monster poodles,Nolte appearing drunk the whole movie, cloud monsters, bana making weird faces in the mirror.
    Incredible Hulk was more serious and just alot better honestly dont see how ang lees is considered serious. Its a fun comic movie that just went too goofy with thing. Loved the editing though

BANNED

Hulk had somewhat, like slight, serious character stuff; but that movie is the most comic booky movie to have a Marvel or DC character in it that's ever been made.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    The tone was fine it was the funny looking hulk, monster poodles,Nolte appearing drunk the whole movie, cloud monsters, bana making weird faces in the mirror.
    your reply seems to just focus on the visual aspect rather than the tone.

Incredible Hulk was more serious and just alot better honestly dont see how ang lees is considered serious. Its a fun comic movie that just went too goofy with thing. Loved the editing though
    This movie was more of an action movie with people constantly running around.

BANNED

If any of the Hulk movies are like Man of Steel, it's Incredible Hulk. They're both reactionary movies to the movies that came before, and they're both reacting to complaints of the hero not having enough stuff to punch.

Fantastic Member

I liked the Hulk (2003) film when I saw it in the theater. At the time, Marvel movies were relatively few & far between, so it was cool to see this. Enjoyed the storyline, the battle with the radiation/flame?! monster, etc.

However, I strongly preferred the 2008 Incredible Hulk film. Incredible movie, and the Abomination monster was fantastic. The 2008 film was a great homage to the original comic book, and I also enjoyed the obvious homages to the late 1970's TV series (starring Bill Bixby & Lou Ferrigno).
    Last edited by ROM Spaceknight; 06-24-2016 at 08:03 PM.