Super Moderator

Default Amell Says "Arrow" Premiere Will Have "Most Vicious, Violent" Fight In Network TV History

"Arrow" lead Stephen Amell teases to fans that season five will be "f---ing mean."

Full article here.

Niffleheim

CW mean is not the same as "f---ing mean" and if they actually accomplished that it wont be long before they go back to the same old Olicity boring stuff.

Spectacular Member

Shado will be the character that will be back, for sure. She is gone since season 2...

Some kind of memories or hallucinations again

Maybe on Network TV cause I honestly cant think of any mean fights on network tv honestly. If you include AMC and FX id call bullshit, but they arent network tv.

BANNED

In terms of the big networks like ABC, CBS and FOX?

Maybe

But they sure as hell aren't going to approach the violence that shows like Breaking Bad and The Walking Dead have/had provided for AMC.

Hell, I don't even buy that it'll be the most violent scene that has been shown on a network like FOX. When they brought back the X-Files, there was that episode with the Bandaid Man who was straight up ripping people apart with his bare hands.

Arrow is mostly aimed towards teenage girls.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Hyperbole or not, I'm excited. It looks as though they're trying to get some of the fire back that the first and second season had. If they could find the balance between that and Oliver's more heroic new direction, the fifth season could easily be the best yet.

Amazing Member

Yeah I can see the biggest fight now....Oliver leaves and toilet seat up and oh that Felicity, she whines, cries, guilts and browbeats a badass who used to be able to take out an entire a safehouse full of budguys ( end of season 1) to his knees...again.

LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Warmonger View Post
    In terms of the big networks like ABC, CBS and FOX?

Maybe

But they sure as hell aren't going to approach the violence that shows like Breaking Bad and The Walking Dead have/had provided for AMC.

Hell, I don't even buy that it'll be the most violent scene that has been shown on a network like FOX. When they brought back the X-Files, there was that episode with the Bandaid Man who was straight up ripping people apart with his bare hands.

Arrow is mostly aimed towards teenage girls.
    I think Rick biting a dudes throat out and then cutting his friend from belly button to throat takes the cake. Then if you throw Netflix in ill give it to Punishers prison fight. As far as network tv, POI just had alot of quick H2H and then some knee shots with the occasional kill. Most Networks shows follow a similar recipe, not very brutal. CW barely qualifys as Network so they can probaly get away with more then Fox,ABC,NBC etc... but less then cable like FX,AMC etc...

Member in Disguise

And by "one-shot," Amell means a continuous take fight scene like "Daredevil's" infamous hallway and stairwell scenes, or Daisy's one-take battle in the "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." episode "Spacetime."
    One-take fight scenes? How had no one thought of this before?

Oh wait...

...Expecting the Spanish Inquisition.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Maybe on Network TV cause I honestly cant think of any mean fights on network tv honestly. If you include AMC and FX id call bullshit, but they arent network tv.