Super Moderator

Default 'Heroes Are the Problem' in "Jupiter's Legacy" Film Logline; ComiXology Offers 1st Volume for Free

"Jupiter's Legacy's" logline pinpoints "young, spoiled" heroes as a source of trouble, while ComiXology offers the first volume for free for 24 hours.

Full article here.

Spectacular Member

Just read it. Loved it ! It's an interesting twist of superheroes tropes, and Uncle Walter is my kind of villain, one who has an understandable point of view. Actually, he reminds me a bit of my all-time favorite, Magneto.
    So many questions ... What's the deal with the aliens ? What turned George into "the greatest supervillain of all time" ( although this might have been answered in the prequel series ) ? Can Utopian, all-powerful as he seems to be, come back from the dead ?
    I'm aware that offering volume 1 was a publicity stunt, but hey, it worked perfectly on me, because now I'm really keen on reading volume 2 !

Fantastic Member Iluvitloud1976's Avatar

Absolutely loved JL. It's arguably Millar's best work. It's very reminiscent of Watchmen, The Authority, & Supreme Power. While it clearly has that sense of fantasy & escapism that only comics can provide, it still sort of fills these character archetypes in a very grounded world. Quielty's art is top notch too. Comixlogy should've added this to their "Unlimited" service. Great read.
    ".......he's wrong, we're not wearing costumes" -Leonardo, 1984