Super Moderator

Default SPIDER-MANDATE: Nick Lowe Web-Swings With "Amazing Spider-Man"

The launch of Dan Slott & Humberto Ramos' "Amazing Spider-Man" brings the debut of a new Spidey Q&A column with Marvel's Nick Lowe!

Full article here.

I enjoyed all the stories (specially the one about Kaine, but being a devoted New warriors and Scarlet Spider fan I'm pretty biased ). The only one I didn't "get" was the one about Spider-man 2099, mainly because we didn't get to see much of his character, of his person. However, I also got the impression that that particular event depicted there will come back in some way in his new comic, so I reserve the right to change my opinion in the future (or time-travel and rewrite this comment ).

Happy to see Peter back with his old humor in these new challenges. And speaking of them, what Nick Lowe mentioned about Peter haven't never been anyone's boss but having now to fill that role... that got me thinking: with all these new changes, are you guys (at Marvel) setting up Peter to become the leader of a superhero team anytime in the future? Is that something you would be interesting in exploring or seeing beign explored? I know I would.
    Last edited by MarioHerald; 05-01-2014 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MarioHerald View Post
    I enjoyed all the stories (specially the one about Kaine, but being a devoted New warriors and Scarlet Spider fan I'm pretty biased ). The only one I didn't "get" was the one about Spider-man 2099, mainly because we didn't get to see much of his character, of his person. However, I also got the impression that that particular event depicted there will come back in some way in his new comic, so I reserve the right to change my opinion in the future (or time-travel and rewrite this comment ).
    There's also the punchline, "What the shock is wrong with the people in this decade?" Spoken like a true fella from 2099

BANNED

Glad this is going to be a regular column - you can never get too much Spidey info! Loved ASM #1 so much - can't wait to see what the future holds for Peter!

Great Q&A! These teases are very reassuring: so glad Anna Maria will be part of the ongoing supporting cast. And how stunning are those Learning to Crawl pages!

Mighty Member

Thrilled to see Camuncoli sticking around. Goblin Nation was really breakout work for him.

All-New Member

I've really enjoyed what Nick Lowe did with the X-Books over the years and I think this was a great first edition of this feature. I'd probably like to see Peter using some more of Otto's tricks and grow and evolve, but at this stage in the game, I think that there's a lot to say for the classic Peter Parker, just thrust into a new and strange situation, as opposed to having him grown from his experience right off the bat. In a lot of ways, he was vacant during that experience and wasn't in a position to grow. I'd be curious to hear Slott talk about the development "arker" joke, since that was really an amazing way to reestablish that yes, this was Peter and here's how he's reacting to being in over his head. It was so spot on for the character.

Probably the most exciting part of the book is dealing with the Peter/Anna Maria situation so I'm glad to see she'll be part of things moving forward and I'm pretty sure they'll deal with it in a complex and tasteful way.

I am also glad that Camuncoli remains on the art team. He has been doing great Spidey work for a long time now and makes a really solid teammate for Ramos.
    Image Comics (TPB):
    Saga, Southern Bastards, Injection, Descender, Deadly Class, Chew, Black Magick

DC Rebirth (Digital):
    The Flash, Batman, Green Lanterns, Aquaman