Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I'm really done with the clone saga, Kaine, Miles Warren/Jackal, Ben Reilly, Gwen #2, #3, #4, etc., as story elements. I'm really sick of it all. Kudos to whoever enjoys this, I can't pay it much attention.
    Clones stopped being fun when the zillionth one showed up in the infamous mess they made in the 90's.

Quote Originally Posted by A Maze Thing View Post
    Clones stopped being fun when the zillionth one showed up in the infamous mess they made in the 90's.
    Nope. Still fun.

-Pav, who loves a good spider-clone or three...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

All-New Member

i'm thinking they will throw us a major curve ball and reveal Jay Jameson as the main villain.

Astonishing Member

Guys, I just realized something. As you already know, Kaine (Scarlet Spider) is going to return in this saga, although I would like to know how. Well, either way, I just thoughy, could Ultimate Spider-Woman (Ultimate Jessica Drew) make an appearance here too? I mean, she's a clone of Peter Parker too, after all. So, this could be actually interesting; don't you think?

Amazing Member MJM Mystery Writer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    could Ultimate Spider-Woman (Ultimate Jessica Drew) make an appearance here too?
    I don't think she will, but who knows what direction they plan on taking this story. I'm really hoping they wrap up some of the loose ends from the clone saga of the 1990s. I'd like to know when Norman 'exactly' switched Aunt May with a look-alike actress. I'm curious as to what happened to Ben Reilly's friends from the coffee shop, too. I think most people want to know whatever happened to the REAL Ben Reilly, too. Since a perfect clone wouldn't turn to dust (example: Skeleton in smokestack, as well as Kaine's multiple deaths) I'd like to know if Norman has been using Ben as a test subject.....maybe to create an army of perfect clones for himself. Also.....did Peter & MJ ever find the dead body of 'baby' May?

BANNED

the spider baby could also be resurrected which will be a bigger surprise than the resurrection of Gwen Stacy.

BANNED

Don`t use the zillionth ones then. Use the characters who are actually good who happen to be clones: Ben and Kaine.

I`ve been a bit off Spiderman since the conclusion of Spiderverse...so i had no idea Clone Conspiracy was coming with characters returning. Please don`t fudge Ben Reilly Marvel. I`ll dress up a hood and you wouldn`t like me with a hood on.
    Last edited by Aioros22; 07-20-2016 at 03:23 PM.

Incredible Member Moral_Gutpunch's Avatar

No, clones were still fun. That Jackal and Star Trek: Nemesis were what sucked.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by MJS View Post
    I'm guessing a clone of 616 Peter but without the pesky "soul." Warren put his own "soul" into the clone.
    If Warren is putting anything of his into a clone, it would be a Gwen clone ...

So look for another Gwen clone with Warren's voice to make an appearance ...

Amazing Member MJM Mystery Writer's Avatar

The newest rumor is that Ben Reilly and Kaine will BOTH be mentioned in the 'Clone Conspiracy' storyline. What I'm curious about is whether or not it will be a passing reference to the two famous clones.....or if they will show up somewhere in the story. You can't tell me that Marvel is ignorant to the fact that Ben Reilly has fans....and having him appear in a comic book would actually boost sales a bit.

BANNED

Just a passing mention, when one of them is at least is still supposed to be alive or active, will just be underhelming. No ifs and buts about it.

I wouldn`t put past the title of the arc being marketing 101 but I demand the quality we deserve!

Quote Originally Posted by MJM Mystery Writer View Post
    The newest rumor is that Ben Reilly and Kaine will BOTH be mentioned in the 'Clone Conspiracy' storyline. What I'm curious about is whether or not it will be a passing reference to the two famous clones.....or if they will show up somewhere in the story. You can't tell me that Marvel is ignorant to the fact that Ben Reilly has fans....and having him appear in a comic book would actually boost sales a bit.
    Out of interest, can anyone remember how the 'Who Was Ben Reilly?' arc sold? I can't remember it performing particularly well at the time, although I could be wrong.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JTait View Post
    Out of interest, can anyone remember how the 'Who Was Ben Reilly?' arc sold? I can't remember it performing particularly well at the time, although I could be wrong.
    Couldn't have done too poorly if we ended up with the Clone Saga epics, and Kaine came back in Grim Hunt and then again in Spider-Island.

Quote Originally Posted by JTait View Post
    I don't think it was better or worse than comics at that time. It was #608-610.

http://icv2.com/articles/comics/view...l-october-2009
    http://icv2.com/articles/comics/view...-november-2009

And here's the preceding month for contrast.
    http://icv2.com/articles/comics/view...september-2009

There may have even been a slight bump for the first issue relative to other events.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets