Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Amazing Member MJM Mystery Writer's Avatar

Lightbulb Clone Conspiracy! Could the Jackal really be...?

Based on the topic of Spider-man's new upcoming storyline (Clone Conspiracy), I have been keeping up-to-date on the events and have a theory about the "Jackal" appearing in the story. Since his face (what the reader can see) and the color of his suit (red as opposed to the green he used to wear), I am wondering if this "Jackal" isn't Warren Miles at all. I'm beginning to think the new Jackal is BEN REILLY.

I don't want to write a long message why I believe this (based on some observations), but I think there's a distinct possibility it could be him. What do you think?

BANNED

I'm guessing either an AU Peter Parker or Kaine.

BANNED

I'm pretty sure it's actually Miles. If he looks different, it's to distract us just as "Mason Banks" was totally not Norman except he was.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Roxas View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's actually Miles. If he looks different, it's to distract us just as "Mason Banks" was totally not Norman except he was.
    This.
    10char

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Roxas View Post
    And he had the same thing happen to his skin that had happened to Micheal Jackson.

Mild-Mannered Reporter BlitheringToot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FF-Fighter View Post
    And he had the same thing happen to his skin that had happened to Micheal Jackson.
    Miles WARREN, not Morales.
    "What would you prefer? Yellow spandex?" – Scott Summers, 2000

I'm thinking Kaine, too. But somehow, I just think Dan Slott is playing with all of us and somehow Mephisto is truly involved this time. Dan has a thing about getting villified stories like the whole Spider-Totem thing and turning them into something epic and worthy of the Spider-Man mythos, he somehow singlehandledly made that all work with Spider-Verse, so I'm thinking there's more than meets the eye here. Maybe he's making an epic out of the whole Spidey clones and the OMD thing here.

BANNED

Maybe it is Uncle Ben come back at last but his mind twisted with hatred for Peter failing to prevent his death and putting Aunt May and pretty much everyone associated with him through all kinds of harrowing experiences.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    I'm guessing either an AU Peter Parker or Kaine.
    I'm guessing a clone of 616 Peter but without the pesky "soul." Warren put his own "soul" into the clone.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MJS View Post
    I'm guessing a clone of 616 Peter but without the pesky "soul." Warren put his own "soul" into the clone.
    Wouldn't that technically just be Spidercide?

I think it's just going to be Warren, either the original or much younger clone, having undergone a much needed redesign. Hoping this will finally herald the return of Ben Reilly and Kaine from the Spider-Verse, Ben's been overdo to return for years and Marvel hasn't done anything with Kaine since Spider-Verse gave him that ambiguous resurrection at its conclusion.

For anyone who has ever read or written comics about Norman Osborne, they would have to know that he would NOT simply kill Ben Reilly.....Norman wouldn't just 'kill off' the Jackal's ONLY perfect clone. Norman is an intelligent man who would realize the potential of having a perfect clone to analyze and experiment on. The writers at Marvel should already know this. With all the schemes and plans that Norman has come up with over the years......why would anyone think for ONE MOMENT that Norman doesn't have Ben kept as his prisoner???

Incredible Member

you mean apart from the fact that he's insane?

Yes, Norman is insane. But after years of mental & physical abuse, Norman could have a 'brainwashed' Ben Reilly carrying out all his schemes. I mean, this is an example of how Bucky Barnes was resurrected. Seriously though.....perfect clones don't dissolve after death, they leave a skeleton. If Peter was half as intelligent as the writers claim he is, then he'd already figured this out. How can this fact constantly be swept under the rug for almost 2 decades????

I'm really done with the clone saga, Kaine, Miles Warren/Jackal, Ben Reilly, Gwen #2, #3, #4, etc., as story elements. I'm really sick of it all. Kudos to whoever enjoys this, I can't pay it much attention.

Has anyone heard any new developments in the "Dead No More" storyline? I think several characters could be brought back, but I don't know about Ben Reilly right now....or ever. With Marvel trying to thin out the ranks of "straight" white males (killing the original Nick Fury, Bruce Banner, Logan, etc.)....it seems there really isn't a place for a blond-haired guy like Ben in Marvel's ideal universe. Sorry if you don't like my observation, but I think I'm 100% accurate.