Super Moderator

Default REVIEW: Archie, #9

Mark Waid and Veronica Fish's "Archie" #9 may be a typical "upper class person befuddled by lower class lifestyle" story, but it's one that has real heart, and that makes all the difference.

Full review here.

I've really been enjoying the Archie reboot. I loved Archie as a kid but I outgrew the humor a long time ago. This issue was excellent. I think this is the most I've ever liked Veronica (I've always been a Betty girl). This issue really made her sympathetic. It ramped up my excitement for the Betty & Veronica series too!

Veronica has been the most likable I can ever remember her being. Definitely not the Betty slam dunk it used to be.

I never thought I would like Veronica with Archie until now. Too bad they'll break up eventually cause drama and stuff.

I have always liked Waid's writing on superheroes...but his Archie work has made me appreciate his skills even more.

Fantastic Member Brave Sir Robin's Avatar

I guess I am a little impatient. This issue was fine but I can't wait to get the Betty/Veronica dynamic going. I realize that the publisher and Waid would want to build it up as part of their new "origin" story, but the cast of the comic doing what they do is what I like the best.