Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Are there any rumours of SS being cancelled? I hope not. I think the art and writing could be improved but I like the concept of the team.

Mighty Member

"Squadron Supreme" is not enjoying healthy sales. Cancellation is not beyond the realm of possibility. Hopefully, things turn around.

I am not sure how Doll and Thundra could not have co-existed on page. Thundra was a consort for Hyperion. Doll was never depicted as such. She was either a child or pet for Hyperion.
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

Quote Originally Posted by CentralPower View Post
    "Squadron Supreme" is not enjoying healthy sales. Cancellation is not beyond the realm of possibility. Hopefully, things turn around.

I am not sure how Doll and Thundra could not have co-existed on page. Thundra was a consort for Hyperion. Doll was never depicted as such. She was either a child or pet for Hyperion.
    Thundra seems territorial and completely uninterested in playing "mother" to anyone. she can co-exist with Doll. but I see it being an adversarial relationship. Doll was a companion for Marc; just not a sexual one.

personally, I liked Marc being single.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    personally, I liked Marc being single.
    I wonder how Thundra and Power Princess will get on? Isn't she usually his gal in many, many different universes? Though a powered down PP is no match for Thundra (still hoping for a powered up PP to return!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    I wonder how Thundra and Power Princess will get on? Isn't she usually his gal in many, many different universes? Though a powered down PP is no match for Thundra (still hoping for a powered up PP to return!!!)
    they were an item. but her Marc, presumably, died after sending her through the portal. it's how she survived the destruction of her world. knowing her general belief system, she might avoid this version of Hyperion; out of loyalty. but I've been wrong before. like you said, she wouldn't last very long in a fight with Thundra; w/o her powers. I don't think that Thundra has a kryptonite allergy.

maybe the writer of Squadron Supreme should just write a Jim Hammond solo, instead. this issue was all set up except for the Spider-man cameo. and Nighthawk was nowhere to be seen. i like the characters. but i'm done defending the book.

Niffleheim

Nothing happened in this whole issue lol! Oh Robinson was good in the beginning but i'm completely bored now with this book.

Mighty Member

Thundra seems territorial and completely uninterested in playing "mother" to anyone. she can co-exist with Doll. but I see it being an adversarial relationship. Doll was a companion for Marc; just not a sexual one.
    There was no basis for them being adversaries. Doll was a subordinate to Hyperion. Thundra was on more or less equal (if not slightly higher) ground. At most, Doll would demand a degree of Hyperion's attention. But, Thundra was not written (by either Robinson or Wendig) to be cray-cray jealous.

Similarly, assuming that Robinson writes Zarda similarly to how Gruenwald handled her, there would be no jealousy play. Her Hyperion is dead. Hickman's (the current) Hyperion is a much different character. I doubt there would be much attraction.
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

I thought the artwork in last week's thunderbolts issue featuring the SS was probably the best or at least the most adult/gritty i've seen the Squadron drawn all year. Nighthawk especially.

As far as the current issue of their own book, meh. Just my opinion but I don't think they need any more subplot digressions. Hopefully it gets resolved quickly and things can get back on track. Granted, this book lost me a while back but i was curious about the Namor angle.. since that, and me actually liking several of the characters, was what initially got me to try out the book way back when.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    I thought the artwork in last week's thunderbolts issue featuring the SS was probably the best or at least the most adult/gritty i've seen the Squadron drawn all year. Nighthawk especially.

As far as the current issue of their own book, meh. Just my opinion but I don't think they need any more subplot digressions. Hopefully it gets resolved quickly and things can get back on track. Granted, this book lost me a while back but i was curious about the Namor angle.. since that, and me actually liking several of the characters, was what initially got me to try out the book way back when.
    I'm not sure what back on track would be, for this title. I've already forgotten their primary mission. they would have been better off with the villain-of-the-month format that Uncanny Avengers was using.

I want to see them face off against this guy...

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    I'm not sure what back on track would be, for this title. I've already forgotten their primary mission. they would have been better off with the villain-of-the-month format that Uncanny Avengers was using.
    lol very true. whatever they were supposed to be or do from that avengers #0 issue, the wheels have long since fallen off it feels

another character I'd love to see repurposed as a Squadron adversary is Basilisk. I'm suggesting that maybe a new character (maybe some Hydra occultist or even another long lost survivor of Marc's birth planet) gets the alpha and omega stones; mutating into the Basilisk. I just like the scales, hood, and the eye blasts. I think that he could give Hyperion a decent fight.

Mindwave (pictured below) is another interesting-looking villain that I'd like to see them fight.