Page 396 of 657 FirstFirst ... 296346386392393394395396397398399400406446496 ... LastLast
Results 5,926 to 5,940 of 9846
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    One of the strangest acts Wolverine has ever done: Selene was living by killing other people. It would have deserved more than uttering a well-learned sentence… and hurting Rachel, of course.
    That wasn't it. Rachel was Phoenix at the time and Logan thought she was walking the same path as her mother by going after Selene in anger. In his mind Rachel was a threat to the entire universe if she didn't turn back.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    That wasn't it. Rachel was Phoenix at the time and Logan thought she was walking the same path as her mother by going after Selene in anger. In his mind Rachel was a threat to the entire universe if she didn't turn back.
    He didn’t say any of that when he had to justify what he did to his teamates, though…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    He didn’t say any of that when he had to justify what he did to his teamates, though…
    He said it in the annual when Rachel confront him again.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Almost certainly the worst and least justifiable thing Logan ever did.
    Nah, nothing would ever worse than Wolverine Origins 25 to 26.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    It's not unreasonable to expect superpowered characters to use those powers in the context of combat.
    It's not unreasonable, no.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    He said it in the annual when Rachel confront him again.

What issue is that in?

Quote Originally Posted by Hcmarvel View Post
    What issue is that in?
    Uncanny Annual 1990.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

I think very soon the gate system in Krakoa is going to change and the reason they are rounding up x badges is because only X-men or those with X-badges will be able to freely leave krakoa once they arrive. I don't think it's really a bad thing though since like you do tend to need a passport to go places but it's going to get really interesting. But i've been noticing less and less mutants have an x brand anywhere on them that aren't like active active.

i am also fascinated by how low key hickman didn't really change the x-men he changed how mutants are treated by giving them a place to seek refuge so now the X-men can do any kind of story without having to specifically go save other mutants. Kudos where it's due, he in a way went left when i thought he was going to go right and aside from lore what has he really changed about the x-men themselves. Not much.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Storm tried to shoot Viper in X-Treme X-Men and was stopped by Bishop. Logan also stopped Rachel from killing Selene... by stabbing her in the gut. It comes up from time to time.
    Right, it just is a thing when the writer wants to create some tension. Like Bishop was the one who put a hole in Xavier's head and tried to kill a baby and did kill countless others while attempting to. The Logan stabbing redheads in the gut thing is more of a cliche at this point, I don't think it has anything to do with not thinking X-Men should not kill.

It just has never been some consistent rule, not like the Batman No-Kill rule has become at some point. Some writer just throws it out there at some random point and it sticks in people's mind as if it is canon when we all can find dozens of examples that shows it is not.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I think very soon the gate system in Krakoa is going to change and the reason they are rounding up x badges is because only X-men or those with X-badges will be able to freely leave krakoa once they arrive. I don't think it's really a bad thing though since like you do tend to need a passport to go places but it's going to get really interesting. But i've been noticing less and less mutants have an x brand anywhere on them that aren't like active active.

i am also fascinated by how low key hickman didn't really change the x-men he changed how mutants are treated by giving them a place to seek refuge so now the X-men can do any kind of story without having to specifically go save other mutants. Kudos where it's due, he in a way went left when i thought he was going to go right and aside from lore what has he really changed about the x-men themselves. Not much.
    Wait, what X-badges?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Storm tried to shoot Viper in X-Treme X-Men and was stopped by Bishop. Logan also stopped Rachel from killing Selene... by stabbing her in the gut. It comes up from time to time.
    Two more instances came up in the Rise and Fall of the Shi'ar Empire arc. Warpath kills two Shi'ar cyborgs who attacked the team and subconsciously wanted to die and was castigated by Xavier over it who said the X-Men don't kill. Later in the arc, Rachel kills Shi'ar soldiers and when Nightcrawler protests, she reminds him they're at war.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LogosPundit View Post
    I disagree. No part of this event was good. The beginning was far too predictable. I have a hard time believing someone as old and wise as Apocalypse couldn't see that he was going to be betrayed. Worse, the idea that someone considered a master strategist like him didn't take better precautions is mind-blowing. Excalibur showed that he took great pains to make sure an omega-level reality-altering mutant was installed on the throne of one of the kingdoms of Otherworld, but where was the ultimate payoff for that in the story? They keep going on and on about how being a mutant makes them superior to humans, but at every turn, they kept making obvious strategic, tactical, and even basic historical blunders that no half-competent human leader would make. What kind of idiot doesn't think to pass on the knowledge of how to maintain or rebuild the structures you put in place to protect society? If what Genesis and Summoner said about the history of Arakko is true then that means those "superior" people never heard of the concept of writing. The middle was indeed absolutely terrible but the end was some of the most contrived unnecessary nonsense I've ever seen, much like Empyre. Hickman's white pages have gone on and on about the importance of cultivating omega-level mutants, enhanced combat techniques, and conjoined power sets, yet when we get the perfect moment to see some of these ideas in action such as the arrival of the X-Men to the final battlefield with their new space station, instead, we get Hickman's stupid rip off of Lord of the Rings: Return of the King. Hell, the final sword duel pitted two of the oldest, most powerful mutants against each other and yet neither of them even used their powers during the duel! What's the point of reading X-Men comics if the characters aren't even shown using their powers?
    With regard to limited power use ,you are correct, with how the event started out ,I was expecting a mix of Mortal Kombat (special moves/powers) mixed with hack and slash gaming inspired special weapon attacks since the swords were hyped.I got neither and was pretty badly disappointed, that is why the middle of the cross over was incredibly poor .Instead of power use we got a wedding,drinking contests..I mean even the Logan fight with Summoner was piss poor an invulnerable sorcerer and an immortal warrior could have been an EPIC fight but it was a splash page of incongruent realm jumping.
    Last edited by Rev9; 12-04-2020 at 09:26 AM.

I feel like Logan putting his traumatised child soldier daughter on a black ops killing squad is definitely up there in the lists of unforgivable things he's done.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    I feel like Logan putting his traumatised child soldier daughter on a black ops killing squad is definitely up there in the lists of unforgivable things he's done.
    That was Cyclops fault

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    That was Cyclops fault
    Only to the extent that Laura didn't comprehend the idea of choice at the time. Cyclops didn't ORDER her, but I don't think he fully considered that she was incapable of comprehending that she had the right and ability to say "No" due to her conditioning. HOWEVER Logan still should have put his foot down (she was 16 at the time, so if he was her legal guardian HE had the final say, NOT Cyclops) nor did he do her any favors with how he treated her during the series (IE exploding on her and telling her that her life was meaningless compared to an "innocent" like Rahne).