Page 440 of 657 FirstFirst ... 340390430436437438439440441442443444450490540 ... LastLast
Results 6,586 to 6,600 of 9846
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    It’s also easy for “pretty mutants” to tell not-pretty mutants (which includes those with debilitating powers) to just suck it up and enjoy being a mutant.
    Like Dani did recently...hate that attitude.

I bet there are a lot of mutants that would happily give up their mutation if it meant looking "normal".

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Like Dani did recently...hate that attitude.

I bet there are a lot of mutants that would happily give up their mutation if it meant looking "normal".
    Sometimes the powers aren't even so worthy of looking weird and inhuman. I see more and more artists doing this kinda of monster design for new mutants.

It’s also easy for “pretty mutants” to tell not-pretty mutants (which includes those with debilitating powers) to just suck it up and enjoy being a mutant.
    This is really awful

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Sick of Xavier being put forth as this great leader...the guy is a manipulative, self-serving tool.
    I'm sick of writers making Xavier a manipulative self-serving tool when he used to be a great leader.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I'm sick of writers making Xavier a manipulative self-serving tool when he used to be a great leader.
    Except he was a manipulating self-serving tool pretty much from day one, people saying otherwise must be thinking of the movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Namor is pretty focused on being king.
    Namor declared war on the surface war on numerous occasions out of pure spite or anger.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Except he was a manipulating self-serving tool pretty much from day one, people saying otherwise must be thinking of the movies.
    Sir Patrick Xavier is Best Xavier.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    We have to take it all...whenever it was written...as it all makes up the character. But there are some things that should just be considered unforgivable. Sure wiping memories like he did with Blob and his lackeys way back in the early days to protect the X-Men's identities may seem OK (personally I feel any telepathic alteration is a violent assault) but then sending the 2nd X-Men team (Vulcan, Sway, Petra and Darwin) to their deaths....then wiping out everyone's memories of them crosses the line to unforgivable.

Here's one - I've never cared for the phrase "Omega Level Mutant."
    To me, it sounds too much like two kids arguing over who is powerful.
    "Superhero_A is awesome!"
    "Oh yeah? Superhero_B is more awesome!"
    "No way! SuperHero_A could kick SuperHero_B's butt any day!"
    "Oh yeah? How do you figure?"
    "Well, SuperHero_A has powerful eye beams!"
    "Oh? Well, SuperHero_B... he has... powerful eye beams too! And his are OMEGA level!"

It's just never rang well with me. Just have people at different levels - and don't call them "Omega Level."

#AdamXHotSeat

Image7.jpg
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    To me, it sounds too much like two kids arguing over who is powerful.
    "Superhero_A is awesome!"
    "Oh yeah? Superhero_B is more awesome!"
    "No way! SuperHero_A could kick SuperHero_B's butt any day!"
    "Oh yeah? How do you figure?"
    "Well, SuperHero_A has powerful eye beams!"
    "Oh? Well, SuperHero_B... he has... powerful eye beams too! And his are OMEGA level!"

It's just never rang well with me. Just have people at different levels - and don't call them "Omega Level."

#AdamXHotSeat

Image7.jpg
    Same. You have simple mutants (the pleb), the omega-level mutants (the elite, the ones that matter…) and the super-omega-level mutants (better than the rest).

It’s like DBZ… except that in DBZ, you can move from a level to another through hard work. Nothing as democratic, here…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    Agreed. I like a feeling of something being earned, that the character kind of deserves it, and the whole Omega thing is just a random thing that happens.

I'd like it better if a mutant gained power over time, perhaps somehow further unlocking their X-gene. None of these brand-new characters showing up and being Omega right out of the gate.

I never get the "mutants are the next stage in evolution" thing when canonically they are the result of celestial experimentation. I also don't get the genetic superiority mutants have over humans when this "evolution" can give you bad breath just as it can give you a useful power.

Amazing Member

I feel like this gets acknowledged in comics from time to time but it's never addressed in a satisfactory way.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Agreed. I like a feeling of something being earned, that the character kind of deserves it, and the whole Omega thing is just a random thing that happens.

I'd like it better if a mutant gained power over time, perhaps somehow further unlocking their X-gene. None of these brand-new characters showing up and being Omega right out of the gate.

Mutation in and of itself is a random thing that happens, why would someone have to "earn" a higher level of power when their powers are an accident of birth anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Mutation in and of itself is a random thing that happens, why would someone have to "earn" a higher level of power when their powers are an accident of birth anyway?
    I think the idea is of their remark is - that writers introduce a character - and right off the bat - make them "Omega Level Mutants" - as if to show "my creation is awesome!"
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    I never get the "mutants are the next stage in evolution" thing when canonically they are the result of celestial experimentation. I also don't get the genetic superiority mutants have over humans when this "evolution" can give you bad breath just as it can give you a useful power.
    Writers have been ignoring the Celestial interference, I relaly never like this part of being next step on evolution it mde x-men books worse

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    I would love a story about a mutant with irredeemably bad breath! In fact, I love mutants who have powers that aren't useful for combat/warfare. The existence of such mutants makes the X-Men necessary. Mutants that can't defend themselves need protection.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.