Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Talking Kurt Wagner/Nightcrawler Appreciation 2024

Welcome to the Kurt Wagner/Szardos/Darkholme/Adler thread.
    Kurt had an eventful 2023, what with the fantastic Uncanny Spider Man and the long awaited X Men Blue: Origins, here’s hoping for more good things in 2024.

He has a new father, a new mother, a new romance, what’s the fall out going to be?

IMG_3909.jpg

Happy New Year to Kurt and his fans !

Happy New Year Nightcrawler fans!

https://www.tumblr.com/bothsidesofaq...74831246737408

Kurt’s had a great ending to 2023, let’s hope the new year has more great moments in store for him!

I'm guessing that there won't be fallout from Kurt's relationship with Silver Sable. New Things are quickly forgotten about when a writer leaves a character behind these days. The next writer will probably abandon the Silver Sable plot for something that will then be forgotten about when he/she also eventually leaves. But you never know I guess.

I'm guessing some passive/aggressive interaction with the parents to start things off with that turns back into mostly enmity. Kurt is kind and forgiving guy, but these are still Mystique and Destiny that we are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    I'm guessing that there won't be fallout from Kurt's relationship with Silver Sable. New Things are quickly forgotten about when a writer leaves a character behind these days. The next writer will probably abandon the Silver Sable plot for something that will then be forgotten about when he/she also eventually leaves. But you never know I guess.

I'm guessing some passive/aggressive interaction with the parents to start things off with that turns back into mostly enmity. Kurt is kind and forgiving guy, but these are still Mystique and Destiny that we are talking about.

I’m definitely expecting parental drama this year.

It would be a shame if Kurt’s relationship with Silver Sable was completely dropped since Uncanny Spider-man ended with them still seeing each other. But I agree it’s unlikely to be picked up by another writer.

I’d like for the whole ‘Legion lives in my soul” plot to not be completely forgotten either. And for Kurt to be making use of his hope sword in other books, it’s a very convenient way for our resident swashbuckler to have a sword with him at all times, for when the moment calls for one.

Hoping 2024 will be Awesome for Kurt Wagner: Nightcrawler (XD)

"Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Happy New Year to the man who is the soul of the X-Men (and all of his fans)!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Since 2023 has been such a big year for our fuzzy elf, I felt like doing a little re-cap before pushing forward with the new year.

At the start of the year Kurt learnt that there was a gap in his soul, where the soul-sword had once been. And that over time, he had filled this gap with his hope; which was forged into the hope-sword. A powerful magical weapon.

To obtain this awesome magic Kurt was betrayed by his adopted mother, Margali who cursed him to become monstrous and a captive of Orchis. Where he was forced to murder innocent humans while under mind control.

With the help of Legion and the Legionnaires the curse was removed and the hope-sword returned to him. Kurt, now a wanted man framed by Orchis and having put up with enough trauma for one lifetime, quits the quiet council (but for some reason the council put him down as hiatus?) and takes a break from Krakoa.

End of part one….
    Last edited by Proxy; 01-03-2024 at 01:56 PM.

Part two…..

Now on the lamb and avoiding his trauma Kurt seeks out his old pal Spider-man who gives him a spare spidey suit to blatantly hide in plain site and do some do-gooding street level style.

Not of Kurt’s bingo card was dating the woman (Silver Sable) hired to capture him, though he’s not complaining.

While in New York, Nightcrawler encounters a brain damaged Mystique and while helping to uncover her memories, he discovers the truth about his origin. He is the son of both Mystique and Destiny.

End of part two….
    Last edited by Proxy; 01-03-2024 at 01:43 PM.

Part three….

Having a bit of a reconciliation with his mum, together with Sable, he and Mystique hatch a plan to infiltrate the Orchis base where other mutants are being controlled and free them from their captors, including Warlock who was being used to infect mutants with the techno virus. Kurt kicks vultures ass and the day is saved.

With the dust settled Nightcrawler finally address the little ghost bamf in the room. Turns out he was being haunted by a part of Legion all along (shocking?). But there’s more! Legion decided that Kurt’s hope/soul is the safest place to hide (aww) and he (maybe blindfold) and his worlds have taken up residence inside Kurt like his soul is free real estate.

Which brings us to today in Fall of the house of X #1 in which Kurt’s beard inexplicably grows overnight, and he jumps in to rescue Colossus and Wolverine from some Orchis goons, joining up with the rest of the gang.

Last edited by Proxy; 01-03-2024 at 01:58 PM.

2023 guest appearances and cameos:

Marvel Voices

Storm solo mini series

Howard the Duck #1

X-Men: Days of Future Past: Doomsday #1

And Predator Vs Wolverine #4

I think that’s all of them.
    Last edited by Proxy; 01-03-2024 at 01:55 PM.

Other appearances:

Marvel strike force game

And the new x-men 97 toy line announcements.

Bonus highlight of 2023: the sheer amount of rizz on display!

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Thanks, Proxy! You are a star!