Page 135 of 655 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139145185235635 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,025 of 9825

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    You are right. He unlocks her TP when she's a friggin adult. He stunted her growth and only allowed her access to her powers when he needed to use her to fake his death.
    He thought it was the best thing for Jean, he didn't had any malice for it

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Taylor's writting is better suited for short stories meant to tug at your emotion, but when he tries to do a long term narrative, he falls apart, his story structure goes between acceptable and mediocre, especially because some of what he does doesn't feel narratively earned, plus he isn't suited to write teams. Is really not surprised to me than that War of the Realms was his best work.

Still i did enjoy his Injustice, just for how crazy the whole thing was.
    Long term planning term seemed to work for his all new wolverine

Long term planning term seemed to work for his all new wolverine
    I think that most of that series after the first arc is pretty inconsistent, quality wise, but that's just my opinion.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    He thought it was the best thing for Jean, he didn't had any malice for it
    Yeah but its awfully convenient that he unlocked it when he needed to use her. What he did was equivalent to crippling someone and then he lied about it. He locked her TP away for a good 10 years instead of helping her. He took the easy way out until it became convenient for him to take advantage of her
    Last edited by Havok83; 08-19-2019 at 06:35 PM.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Come on, Xavier has done some shady things but he cares about Jean (and the O5). He did that because she almost died when she first used her TP, not for any conspiracy or anything like that.

Yeah but its awfully convenient that he unlocked it when he needed to use her. What he did was equivalent to crippling someone and then he lied about it. He locked her TP away for a good 10 years instead of helping her. He took the easy way out until it became convenient for him to take advantage of her
    Yeah, he should had unlocked it before.

Unpopular Opinion: Teen Cable is fine, A bad setup spoiled what was actually solid move for the character and he actually hasn't been bad enough on page to get the hate the fans are giving him. Inevitable all characters go back to their previous forms and Cable would be going back his original form with strongest relationship with his parents he has ever had and ton of issues where you can see him interacting with his parents in age appropriate fashion. Which will make for stronger stories in the long run and better character. Also the smaller teen Cable make the Josh Brolin like transformation in comic books more possible helping the transformation away from Arnold Schwarzenegger/Sly Stallone era action hero to more, Jason Bourne or John Wick era action hero.

My main problem is that Kid Cable does not seem to learn or receive consequences from his actions. What he did to his father in Uncanny Annual was fucked (That test...) and killing his adult version without stopping to negotiate, reckless.

I don't have problems with impulsive youth but I need the narrative to punish them for it.

Uh....unpopular/controversial opinion: I loved the resolution of the time displaced X-Men. I was not into their being around as long as they were, nor the wacky changes they went through, but I did find significant satisfaction in how they returned to the past, locked/unlocked their memories, and that Scott was resurrected in secret.

Also: It was absolutely hilarious how utterly unconcerned Jean was portrayed, regarding Rachel's distress over Nate's death and the subsequent return to Hounding for Ahab. Their relationship is always written so uneven.

Xavier also prevented Jean from remembering Annie. That's not how you manage a crippling memory, you help the person overcome it through therapy, you don't hide it. On the other hand if you wanted a mental weapon to use against someone later then you hide the memory so you can wake it up in their mind when you want and cause them to be overwhelmed emotionally by the memory.

The proof is in the pudding. Emma teaches teen Jeen to use her powers to their fullest potential, Jeen becomes powerful enough to rebuild herself atomically when her body is destroyed. This is absolute proof that Xavier crippled Jean because her powers challenged him. Emma knew Jeen would end up being more powerful than Emma is, and Emma still taught Jeen to use her powers to full strength.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I like kid Cable too. I prefer older Cable but I want to see Kid Cable for a while. There are some things that could be different because of his age. He is literally the same person and we all know older Cable will come back for sure.

we need a new cable/deadpool series to truly determine if wifi has rights
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Xavier also prevented Jean from remembering Annie. That's not how you manage a crippling memory, you help the person overcome it through therapy, you don't hide it. On the other hand if you wanted a mental weapon to use against someone later then you hide the memory so you can wake it up in their mind when you want and cause them to be overwhelmed emotionally by the memory.

The proof is in the pudding. Emma teaches teen Jeen to use her powers to their fullest potential, Jeen becomes powerful enough to rebuild herself atomically when her body is destroyed. This is absolute proof that Xavier crippled Jean because her powers challenged him. Emma knew Jeen would end up being more powerful than Emma is, and Emma still taught Jeen to use her powers to full strength.
    Xavier wasn't envy of Jean's powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Uh....unpopular/controversial opinion: I loved the resolution of the time displaced X-Men. I was not into their being around as long as they were, nor the wacky changes they went through, but I did find significant satisfaction in how they returned to the past, locked/unlocked their memories, and that Scott was resurrected in secret.

Also: It was absolutely hilarious how utterly unconcerned Jean was portrayed, regarding Rachel's distress over Nate's death and the subsequent return to Hounding for Ahab. Their relationship is always written so uneven.
    She had a team to lead and people to protect. Priorities

BANNED

We really wanna go down this road on Xavier's complex feelings for Jean?

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    We really wanna go down this road on Xavier's complex feelings for Jean?
    https://www.looper.com/48086/terribl...r-x-ever-done/
    He perved on his teenage student

The mutant known as Jean Grey has had many, many suitors. There's Warren Worthington, also known as the Angel, who eloquently welcomes Jean to Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters by exclaiming, "A redhead! Look at that face… and the rest of her!" and promptly spending the next few dozen issues trying to talk her into a date. There's Scott Summers, who'd end up marrying both Jean and her evil, demonic clone. There's Wolverine, who carried a torch for Jean for ages (and even wins her heart in a couple of alternate universes). And there's the creepy bald mentor who serves as both Jean's teacher and her surrogate father figure, and lusts after Jean in secret for years.

Even putting the age difference aside—remember, Jean is very much a teen when she arrives at Xavier's, while Professor X is a decorated veteran of the Korean War—the teacher-student relationship is more than enough to make Xavier's crush on his young charge super-icky.

Thankfully, aside from a single panel in X-Men #3 (in which Professor X laments that the only thing keeping him and Jean apart is his disability—and not how completely inappropriate his feelings are), the issue only comes up once. In the '90s, When Professor X's darkest thoughts manifested themselves as an alternate personality called Onslaught, Xavier's crush on Jean makes a surprise re-appearance, validating the long-abandoned plotline and making it clear that Xavier's had a thing for Jean for years. It's unsettling at best, and makes a lot of those early X-Men comics—in which Jean is clearly the Professor's favorite student—a whole heck of a lot creepier.

Read More: https://www.looper.com/48086/terribl..._campaign=clip

that makes him keeping her powers shut down for as long as he did even worse. Was he trying to prevent her from learning that he had a thing for her?

He was also initially resentful of Jean and Scott when they announced they were getting married. Everyone was happy for them except Xavier

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Havok83; 08-20-2019 at 09:19 AM.