Page 480 of 663 FirstFirst ... 380430470476477478479480481482483484490530580 ... LastLast
Results 7,186 to 7,200 of 9936

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I kind of wish having two writers on a book was more normalized. TV shows and movies have multiple writers on deck and with characters this old sometimes I feel like it would help to have multiple perspectives. Of course it would have to be a good partnership, otherwise drama would ensue, but that’s my two cents.
    Books would definitely be better for it. But your right finding a good partnership is hard and comes with a lot of variables.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    You're right, and both issues today expose the problem of the books having a set "team". Technically, there are a few really popular characters who have a home on a book, but in practice they're just background characters.

I don't really know how this can be solved except by producing even more books though - e.g. Mr And Mrs X. I don't think it'd be good for the books for writers to be forced to base stories about particular characters just because they are popular, but it is a problem.
    I think if it was markets as a Captain Britain or Betsy book and then shifted into excalbur once tini got where ever she was going it would have been a better book. What was being said wasn't imo lining up with what i was reading. And for me, it was confusing but these last two issues have been surprisingly good but feel like yet another book if that makes sense.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I kind of wish having two writers on a book was more normalized. TV shows and movies have multiple writers on deck and with characters this old sometimes I feel like it would help to have multiple perspectives. Of course it would have to be a good partnership, otherwise drama would ensue, but that’s my two cents.
    Yes ,that is why I loved Craig Kyle and Chris Yost combo, guys had synergy. Though I guess it's all about finding the right combo between the writers, not all combinations work.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Yes ,that is why I loved Craig Kyle and Chris Yost combo, guys had synergy. Though I guess it's all about finding the right combo between the writers, not all combinations work.
    Have agree with that assessment, whatever happened to them?

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Have agree with that assessment, whatever happened to them?
    They are working, not just on comics. They both were among the writers of Thor: Ragnarok.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    They accepted because narrative painted Scott as good guy
    You and I read different comics it seems then.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Haters gonna hate.

I loved Psylocke since the 90s. The cartoon cameo, the games apparitions, in the comics...

Now I don't know if I am a fan of Betsy Braddock or Kwannon. lol

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    I loved Psylocke since the 90s. The cartoon cameo, the games apparitions, in the comics...

Now I don't know if I am a fan of Betsy Braddock or Kwannon. lol
    I would say go with who has been written better.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I read the same, he never suffered negative consequences for it and they invented that jean held him back

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Alan Davis is overrated as an artist. My first exposure to him was during his late 90s run on X-men. His art looked terrible especially in comparison to Kubert who was drawing Uncanny.
    Now this is a juicy unpopular opinion to share. Alan Davis is my favourite X-Artist... but will agree his later 90's stuff isn't his best.

I'd still take late 90's Davis over Kubert anyday though.

On the topic of unpopular art takes.

I don't see the appeal of John Cassady's art on Astonishing... even people who don't love Whedon usually say complimentary stuff about the art... but it's not my cup of tea in the slightest.

I feel the same with Jim Lee's Uncanny run but I have a feeling that's cropped up earlier on in this thread and most the Jim Lee love comes from a nostalgia factor.

Quote Originally Posted by KylunFan View Post
    Now this is a juicy unpopular opinion to share. Alan Davis is my favourite X-Artist... but will agree his later 90's stuff isn't his best.

I'd still take late 90's Davis over Kubert anyday though.

On the topic of unpopular art takes.

I don't see the appeal of John Cassady's art on Astonishing... even people who don't love Whedon usually say complimentary stuff about the art... but it's not my cup of tea in the slightest.

I feel the same with Jim Lee's Uncanny run but I have a feeling that's cropped up earlier on in this thread and most the Jim Lee love comes from a nostalgia factor.
    Cassaday was just awesome in Planetary. In AXM, particularly later on, he suffers because he's obviously rushing to finish (even more in Uncanny Avengers).

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Cassaday was just awesome in Planetary. In AXM, particularly later on, he suffers because he's obviously rushing to finish (even more in Uncanny Avengers).
    Rushing? He was notoriously late by a couple of months almost every issue. The book was always late and it was always bc he took too long to finish his art

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    yea that was just a horrible period of what marvel was trying to do then. as you see as soon as they got the rights to the xmen the inhumans went to being virtually non-existent.

I know he didn't appear in other books, as we know Wolverine has been the mutant face across the company for eons now. however, Cyclops was still very pivotal to the stories told for years even before Xavier fully left the picture. I know his fans want to see him in beyond being captain cameo but he's definitely had his fair share of stories to allow others to take center stage while he just enjoys life. though I'm sure he will be more active again once his team gets fully off the ground

I dont believe I can find any reason why this would make sense. there were clearly a lot of cyclops fans during this period in the creative side of things lol.
    Scott is almost a non-entity - I understand that there will always be fans whose favorite characters are sidelined, I don't like it anymore than anyone else, so I just wish there wasn't this overcorrection. I don't need Scott front and center in every issue and most books, just for him to have a more substantial role in the one book he was supposed to factor in.

Not Magneto bowing, that didn't make sense, but what they were trying to accomplish in Magneto recognizing that Scott and his team were doing something special could have been done with a nod or offer of a handshake.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I love Cyclops and I like Hickman's Cyclops, sooooo....
    I didn't say HickmanClops' fanbase was comprised exclusively of non or tangential-Cyclops fans.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Not an unpopular opinion but a false fact. I stuck with cyclops though it all and was team Scott. From operation zero, abandoning Maddie, x factor, champions, 05, the solor with his dad. The problem is some of ya"ll act like this is real. Like these characters are their friends or children they are watching grow up but in fact people have no actual rights to them or how they are or are not portrayed.
    False fact? What?

On your other assertion here, it's not about readers feeling like they have a right to anything, it's that in this case these characters have histories and established characteristics and personalities - it takes work to convince the audience of certain actions if they seem to go against preexisting stories. There's nothing wrong with making an individual subjective claim that a character isn't being portrayed correctly, that's standard criticism. People walk away from books when they feel the story has gone too far out there, and that's basically all they can do because you're right - in the end Marvel can choose to drastically alter all of these characters for whatever reason they see fit to.

I don't have a particular criticism of Hickman's portrayal of Scott that I don't also have in general for other characters.

I read the same, he never suffered negative consequences for it and they invented that jean held him back
    Scott never suffered consequences for the affair. Really. None. Ever.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post

Thor doesn't start out as a human and become a God, so his perspective is going to be incredibly different.
    And it's all moot anyway, because she wasn't aloof.

We're talking about Morrison's run, not stuff almost 20 years later when they are loooooong out of the writing picture.
    And in the actual run, she had other stuff going on. Anything past that in any discussions for their run is irrelevant.
    Phoenix is a god tha tloves to live as huan emotions through Jean. Morrison completely made amistake here

Morrison still wrote jean as being in love with Scott till the very end.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Phoenix is a god tha tloves to live as huan emotions through Jean. Morrison completely made amistake here

Morrison still wrote jean as being in love with Scott till the very end.
    Or they just offered a different perspective on what a human ascending to the Phoenix level would go through. Where Jean ends and where Phoenix begins has been ambiguous since the Claremont days after all

Scott loved Jean until the end too, he was just too messed up to realize what he had until it was gone. It literally took her nudging him from a higher plane of existence to move on. Still doesn't change the fact that Jean had other stuff going on in that run, none of it is mutually exclusive. I'd say of the two, she had more going on separate from Scott whereas his arc was more wrapped up in the relationship drama.