Page 661 of 669 FirstFirst ... 161561611651657658659660661662663664665 ... LastLast
Results 9,901 to 9,915 of 10027

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Caedus View Post
    At least the X-Men won't be villainous scum anymore.
    Loving that this opinion comes from a Sith persona.

Incredible Member

Krakoa is cool as ****. I just have some criticisms of the leadership.

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Loving that this opinion comes from a Sith persona.
    Sith are sith, they're expected to be villainous scum. The X-Men are superheroes. They should not be mutant supremacist drug dealers being ruled by Genocidal overlords, Ex-Nazis, necromancers etc.

At least the X-Men won't be villainous scum anymore.
    The fact that people still hold this opinion is too funny

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The context that was setup in this era is that he does. Just like Cerebro was changed to have been backing up minds from early on, Moira was a mutant, Goldballs balls are eggs, etc.....Sinister's library was already accounted for in Powers of X. Later in Hellions, it was revealed that he was using genetic collection drones to go out and automatically collect mutant DNA samples. No one trusted Sinister but he was considered a necessary evil

As for your latter point, that would be fine if they onyl were trying to resurrect current mutants but we know they were after those that had also been long dead
    Enh... the fact they had to do such massive retcons to make the idea work is ludicrous.

Also you skipped over the fact that not even Sinister should have intact DNA of pre-M-day Mutants.
    Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I want to see a flashback scene of the Quiet Counsel voting Oya to the pit. Because how the hell could any one of them, besides Sinister and Apoc, do that?

Maybe Mystique and Exodus too depending what mood they were in.

But really how could any of the other ones doom Idie to the pit?
    Honestly... even Apoc would be unlikely to do it. I'd see Emma as more likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    The fact that people still hold this opinion is too funny
    Sure, working alongside Apocalypse, Sinister and pals is totally heroic because Jonathan Hackman wrote it. The very reason Krakoan era is ending because the sales have been low and if it was a successful masterpiece it would have stuck around for more years. The upcoming relaunch is underwhelming, that's for sure but after how Cyclops was treated during the past five years I just can't wait for him to be a compelling character again.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Enh... the fact they had to do such massive retcons to make the idea work is ludicrous.

Also you skipped over the fact that not even Sinister should have intact DNA of pre-M-day Mutants.
    No I didnt. Thats not how he and his DNA library have been treated in this era or else the whole concept of the Crucible wouldnt have been a thing

Extraordinary Member

Sure, working alongside Apocalypse, Sinister and pals is totally heroic because Jonathan Hackman wrote it. The very reason Krakoan era is ending because the sales have been low and if it was a successful masterpiece it would have stuck around for more years. The upcoming relaunch is underwhelming, that's for sure but after how Cyclops was treated during the past five years I just can't wait for him to be a compelling character again.
    I have more criticism of this 'era' than most but let's not support our opinions by calling out sales numbers (that we do not have) as the reason (because we do not know). I suspect sales play a part in some way although it is not that any given book in the line has not been able to find good numbers instead the office was never able to get enough titles out as Marvel wanted. At most I could blame the core story of this era as being something that limited creativity or interest for a wide amount of titles but I do not think anyone can say that there were no titles in this era that did sell well.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I have more criticism of this 'era' than most but let's not support our opinions by calling out sales numbers (that we do not have) as the reason (because we do not know). I suspect sales play a part in some way although it is not that any given book in the line has not been able to find good numbers instead the office was never able to get enough titles out as Marvel wanted. At most I could blame the core story of this era as being something that limited creativity or interest for a wide amount of titles but I do not think anyone can say that there were no titles in this era that did sell well.
    We do not know the actual sale numbers, but we do have a good idea of how well they were selling. It's all about money for these corporations anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    No I didnt. Thats not how he and his DNA library have been treated in this era or else the whole concept of the Crucible wouldnt have been a thing
    That's kinda the point I was getting at... when you cross reference previous works... the Crucible made NO sense at all.

Extraordinary Member

All eras must come to an end. Whether you loved it or hated it, even the Krakoa era creator Hickman didn’t intend for it to last as long as it did.

Sith are sith, they're expected to be villainous scum. The X-Men are superheroes. They should not be mutant supremacist drug dealers being ruled by Genocidal overlords, Ex-Nazis, necromancers etc.
    Aren't Siths supposed to love corrupting heroes ? Don't you like reading about villains ?

(sorry, just teasing you. You're allowed to like villains and heroes however you want of course)
    Last edited by Nicoclaws; 04-22-2024 at 10:42 AM.

I hate the space aspect of X-Men and the X-Books. Phoenix is ok but I prefer the more earth based stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Aren't Siths supposed to love corrupting heroes ? Don't you like reading about villains ?

(sorry, just teasing you. You're allowed to like villains and heroes however you want of course)
    No I really want superheroes to be superheroes. I was a bit harsh about the Krakoan era too, I liked some aspects of it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    I give all these people that are so happy the Krakoa era is done by the end of the year before they are crappying all over the post Krakoa era for being boring just like they were before Krakoa
    Let’s say that an era is forever gone… Heroes are what the creators do of them. They are at their image. So they cannot survive them faifthfully.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe