Page 44 of 663 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494144544 ... LastLast

Bring Destiny back jfc

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Bring Destiny back jfc
    Her precognitive powers would have to be lessened/removed but her only real reason for existing has been to humanize Mystique. That's not really enough reason for me to want her back. Her final moments with Rogue during Necrosha were more than enough of an adequate epilogue for Destiny.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

We already have Blindfold.... we can simply reveal Blindfold is Rogue's/Nightcrawler's sister and Destiny's daughter. Or granddaughter even
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    This would have been cool af.

He literally is, that was one of the only interesting things Chuck Austen did.

No offense, but the Hand already has their best ninja and she does just fine, thank you.

Agree to all of the above but two points: at least he's back now, if not in books, and at least Iceman being gay is interesting.

Shadowcat could be one of the big villains in a Elektra book, because as a X-men, bro, she is straight up dry toast to me : /

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw22 View Post
    Shadowcat could be one of the big villains in a Elektra book, because as a X-men, bro, she is straight up dry toast to me : /
    You know, with Elektra being often against the Hand, the idea of her "archnemesis" being the Hand's new favorite child isn't a bad one, to be fair.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    I liked Carol better when she was stuck in Rouge's head. Crazy world huh?
    well that's too bad for you because they'll keep on pushing Carol for the foreseeable so keep on hating whike marvel keeps on relentlessly pushing Carol(:
    Last edited by Ianbarreilles; 08-22-2017 at 09:44 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    We already have Blindfold.... we can simply reveal Blindfold is Rogue's/Nightcrawler's sister and Destiny's daughter. Or granddaughter even
    Kinda like that. That's a pitch for a new book or development. Have Blindfold complete Destiny's diaries and have a team comprised of a mix of the New Mutants, Generation X and the New Xmen, go and try to act on the info in the new diaries sort of like Xtreme X-men did back in the day

BANNED

Here's something unpopular for Marvel universe as a whole.....

All the new characters like Ironheart, Ms. Marvel, Cho Hulk, etc should be sent to another universe like 2099 or the Ultimate universe or MC2 or something. Let them have their books and adventures there and their fans can follow them. Bring the originals back and let them have their own books. This way everyone has a choice and things are not so overcrowded. It's about having choices and you satisfy the new fans and the old ones

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    well that's too bad for you because they'll keep on pushing Carol for the foreseeable so keep on hating whike marvel keeps on relentlessly pushing Carol(:
    Marvel can beat their heads against the wall all they want over this. It will accomplish nothing but a status quo change. If they want to continue to Thelma & Loiuse over the cliff I'll have the popcorn ready.

Quote Originally Posted by DreadnoughtHelldiver View Post
    Here's something unpopular for Marvel universe as a whole.....

All the new characters like Ironheart, Ms. Marvel, Cho Hulk, etc should be sent to another universe like 2099 or the Ultimate universe or MC2 or something. Let them have their books and adventures there and their fans can follow them. Bring the originals back and let them have their own books. This way everyone has a choice and things are not so overcrowded. It's about having choices and you satisfy the new fans and the old ones
    Current management at Marvel is not interested in getting the old fans back. Alonso & Brevoort have made this very clear, so unfortunately not going to happen. Would be great though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    Current management at Marvel is not interested in getting the old fans back. Alonso & Brevoort have made this very clear, so unfortunately not going to happen. Would be great though.
    The target audience for comics is always the 13-15 year-old. Marvel figures us old poots will just die off. They haven't realized yet that the coveted 13-15 year-old market has a lot more entertainment options than "funny-books". So they're selling 'waaaay fewer books, jacking up the prices-->which decreases the number of books sold-->onto the vicious cycle again and again. Marvel and DC would have been circling the drain years ago if they hadn't been bought out by these super-deep-pocketed corporations that can afford them financially.

Fantastic Member Spiritualcramp's Avatar

I don't know a single teenager that reads comics, most kids are aware of the characters but usually from games, the MCU/FOX Films, or the games. Would all of the comic readers in the states even go up into the triple digits??

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritualcramp View Post
    I don't know a single teenager that reads comics, most kids are aware of the characters but usually from games, the MCU/FOX Films, or the games. Would all of the comic readers in the states even go up into the triple digits??
    Good question but sort of beyond scope of this thread I suppose. There are always some folks whenever a TV series or film comes out who ask "Where to start reading" since they get curious about the comics. So those other media probably do help comics get some more readers I guess. I worry all the negativity so many readers express about the current line turns new fans away and they just assume "I guess comics suck now no point in reading" you know?
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Good question but sort of beyond scope of this thread I suppose. There are always some folks whenever a TV series or film comes out who ask "Where to start reading" since they get curious about the comics. So those other media probably do help comics get some more readers I guess. I worry all the negativity so many readers express about the current line turns new fans away and they just assume "I guess comics suck now no point in reading" you know?
    The atmosphere of a comicbook store can be daunting for new readers too. When I first started I was pretty nervous to enter my local comicbook store (which isn't very local) .

Why are comics only distributed in such niche places? It would be great if I could pick up the latest issue at my local supermarket or something.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    The atmosphere of a comicbook store can be daunting for new readers too. When I first started I was pretty nervous to enter my local comicbook store (which isn't very local) .

Why are comics only distributed in such niche places? It would be great if I could pick up the latest issue at my local supermarket or something.
    Why should the supermarket (or gas station, drugstore, etc.) give shelf space to a flimsy, incomplete chapter of a story at $4 when it can give the same space to a more expensive, self-contained magazine or paperback book? That's not even getting into the gimmicks that come with trying to order comics or headaches about content. This a big part of why the Archie (and now Archie/Marvel) digests work for the check-out line, but single issues are rarely seen outside of the DM.