Page 299 of 663 FirstFirst ... 199249289295296297298299300301302303309349399 ... LastLast
Results 4,471 to 4,485 of 9936

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Thank you to improve my education. Quite a long read, but I got the gist. She fought for respect, a cause everyone can understand.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    She fought for respect, a cause everyone can understand.
    Yeah, when people use the phrase "threw the first brick at Stonewall", it's in reference to Ms. Johnson.

When are we going to talk about trans mutants? I've already suggested Marrow & Chance as FTM, and some on Twitter suggest Mystique as AMAB. I'm a big fan of the reading of Emma Frost as an MTF surgical masterpiece, but it comes at the price of fan-fave Christian.

Deadly Bee Weapon coveredinbees's Avatar

Do we talk about the same Xavier?
    His lastest embodiment seems to me a different species.
    Same canon but a new characterization.

Thank you to improve my education. Quite a long read, but I got the gist. She fought for respect, a cause everyone can understand.
    I guess we'll have to disagree on the state of mutant activism loll but its for real cool that you actually read that..I'm used to internet discussions being about ear plugging and dismissing instead of legit learning from each other loll I hope that doesn't sound patronizing I genuinely respect + appreciate that energy

When are we going to talk about trans mutants? I've already suggested Marrow & Chance as FTM, and some on Twitter suggest Mystique as AMAB. I'm a big fan of the reading of Emma Frost as an MTF surgical masterpiece, but it comes at the price of fan-fave Christian.
    God can you imagine if Mystique and Destiny had conceived Kurt as Claremont had initially intended? The concept of gender to a character who can so easily shed their outwards appearances in favour of a new one ... someone should be writing about this rn ! With Destiny potentially back maybe we'll see it

Your Trans!Emma concept has Christian as her compartmentalized/repressed pre-reassignment self right? I honestly love that idea so much
    Maybe in an act of radical self-love and acceptance Emma "reanimates" Christian as a psychic projection/extension of herself ? Maybe I'm drifting too far out there lol

I thought ya'll was talking about Martha Johannsson

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I thought ya'll was talking about Martha Johannsson

lmao you're making me wish I lived in a world where a reasonable answer to someone not knowing who Martha Johansson is is " its Time for LGBTQ+ History!" because I know the people there are having a lot more fun rn

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

The fact that Hickman put in precisely 0 effort to try to show how Dawn of X flowed from the prior continuity is a gigantic problem

This, along with the near-total absence of expected character interactions (given everyone being brought back to life/reunited physically) causes Dawn of X to "feel AU"
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    The fact that Hickman put in precisely 0 effort to try to show how Dawn of X flowed from the prior continuity is a gigantic problem

This, along with the near-total absence of expected character interactions (given everyone being brought back to life/reunited physically) causes Dawn of X to "feel AU"
    I fully agree. Also a big problem: that this is somehow a controversial opinion.

One More Day was better than the utter joke that are current X-"relationships".

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    I fully agree. Also a big problem: that this is somehow a controversial opinion.
    It's a controversial opinion because post-Secret Wars the mutants became a zombie franchise where nobody cared too much about what was going on.

It's a "nothing of value was lost".

BANNED

More and more I want the x-men in their universe completly seperate from the rest of marvel that have become increasingly more toxic to the franchise's heatlh, this awkward middle ground where there's this invisble barrier yet its not enforced well enough is maddening.

Spectacular Member Voices From the Eyrie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    More and more I want the x-men in their universe completly seperate from the rest of marvel that have become increasingly more toxic to the franchise's heatlh, this awkward middle ground where there's this invisble barrier yet its not enforced well enough is maddening.
    Well, Stan Lee and Jack Kirby placed the X-Men in the Marvel Universe. You'll have to take it up with their ghosts.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Voices From the Eyrie View Post
    Well, Stan Lee and Jack Kirby placed the X-Men in the Marvel Universe. You'll have to take it up with their ghosts.
    I willl get the seance and the power point presentation ready

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    It's not. Hickman and editors are showed he pitched and wrote this well over a year before it was released. It wasn't a problem that he didn't fit with what Rosenberg and other writers were doing, it's the other way around, and that's solely editorial fault.