Page 91 of 663 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101141191591 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 9936
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Becuase they suck as teachers. Most of then aren't really qualified for this job.
    It is surprising really, the only people I remember having a degree are Beast, Emma and maybe Kitty.
    Marvel really should have payed more attention to their academic lives.

Edit: Cable apparently has a doctorade on laws
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 07-11-2019 at 08:03 PM.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Most of the classes that we see are about practical skills as a X-man, which the X-men are obviously qualified to teach. Plus, the school was also qualified to teach some college-level classes.

Plus, considering the amount of telepaths there, why do they even need degrees? What will 4 years in engineering college will teach Forge or Madison Jeffries?

The issue is the X-school looks to be more about turning students into para-military soldiers then giving an actual education.

why is leftovers season 3 like this
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    It is surprising really, the only people I remember having a degree are Beast, Emma and maybe Kitty.

Studying in the Mansion X counts as "College Graduate" if the character cards are valid. For example Cyclops counts as "College Graduate" and we all know that he has never been to college

And Iceman is an accountant.

I hope the school goes back to the New X-Men “Hogwarts” model, where you’re either put in the good team, evil team, or the NPC team and then made to fight instead of learning about cooperation and mutual respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    I hope the school goes back to the New X-Men “Hogwarts” model, where you’re either put in the good team, evil team, or the NPC team and then made to fight instead of learning about cooperation and mutual respect.
    Learning to fight among them is the best you can teach them if they are going to be the X-Men of the future.

what if the sorting hat is cerebro but instead of determining what you're best fit for it just covers your eyes while the staff draw straws
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post

Jean has degree in psychology, Bobby’s a licensed accountant, Warren has a business degree, Cecelia has a PhD, Havok and Polaris have degrees in geology, Rogue’s absorbed smart people, just to name a few.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Jean has degree in psychology, Bobby’s a licensed accountant, Warren has a business degree, Cecelia has a PhD, Havok and Polaris have degrees in geology, Rogue’s absorbed smart people, just to name a few.
    I thought Jean dropped out?

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

After graduating from Xavier’s, I’m almost positive she finished getting her degree while modeling.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    The issue is the X-school looks to be more about turning students into para-military soldiers then giving an actual education.
    But that was the whole point since 1963. The school was really a front. Plus, you know, no one is paying stories to see teenagers work as accountants or plumbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    After graduating from Xavier’s, I’m almost positive she finished getting her degree while modeling.
    She actually mentioned in X-factor that she didn't- she died before that.

Unpopular/Controversial Opinion: Illyana Rasputin and Doug Ramsey would make a perfect couple.

In the interest of self preservation and a fervent desire to not be assaulted by the Illesbiana fanclub I would also like to say that I full recognize, appreciate, and also support Illyana being a lesbian (I'm looking at you, Leah of Hel), but I simply PREFER that she and Doug find we're-both-super-fucked-up-and-damaged-back-from-the-dead-adorable-blond-bliss together.
    Last edited by Fokken; 07-12-2019 at 04:22 AM.

I was going to do a thread about this idea but

Kitty Pryde should not have existed.

1. Rogue, and then Rachel, takes her place as team ingenue.
    2. Rogue takes her place as Wolverine’s protege, cemented by their shared villainous past.
    3. Rogue takes her place as Colossus’s love interest, alluding to his taste in Bad GirlsTM, and putting her in a Cyke/Wolvie triangle when Gambit appears in the scene.
    4. Rachel takes her place as Storm’s “little sister”, with Storm wanting to support this similar-to-herself orphaned girl who's parents are dead and dead-inside.
    5. Rogue is a better, more interesting friend to Nightcrawler, given her history with blue people, and they discover their family bonds together.
    6. Rachel takes Kitty’s place as a practical computer hardware genius, giving her a skill outside of her mutation and showcasing the imbalance between her intellect and emotional stability.
    7. Rachel’s trauma and Illyana’s trauma makes them better, closer friends than Kitty & Illyana or Rachel & Kitty. Also slides into Rayana shippers.
    8. Rachel’s massive power levels and telepathy make her a stronger asset to the X-Men despite her youth, similarly to Kitty’s close brush with New Mutant admission.
    9. Eventually, Rachel is replaced by Psylocke as team psi... leading to potential rivalry and feelings of rejection when Psylocke proves to be The Coolest EverTM.
    10. Both Rogue and Rachel join Kurt in Excalibur; Meggan becomes a far different woman with Rogue and Rachel as her closest friends.
    11. Rachel’s love life now includes Doug Ramsey, Pete Wisdom, Star-Lord, Spider-Man, Iceman, etc.
    12. Rogue leads X-Men Gold.
    Last edited by CRaymond; 07-12-2019 at 05:18 AM.

CRaymond: <slow clap>

Jus' beaUtiful