Page 94 of 655 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104144194594 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 9824
    Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

I've already said this in other threads, but Emma taking over the HFC, which some celebrated, was a very stupid idea and a character regression, almost like Magneto begun to call his team Brotherhood of Evil Mutants. There's absolutely nothing she can do there she can't do in the X-men or anywhere else, and just leaves her in position to go back to be a villain again, since she's already back where she started. Judging by what happened in Rosenberg's run, looks like it will lead nowhere, and there's a good chance Hickman won't do anything with it at all and might even have Shaw alive and commanding the HFC, and good riddance, I say.

Not sure how unpopular it would be, but if I had to remove the work of one writer from the X-books forever, it wouldn't be Austen or Guggenheim, but Aaron. He was far more damaging in the long run than either of these two, in part because Marvel still insists to this day in push some his ideas, even though they had to kill Logan and have him admit he was being hypocritical when he died because of Aaron's disastrous characterization in WatxM.

Madelyne shouldn't have existed (not that I disliked her as a character, mind you).

While we're at it, Claremont's retconning the triangle of Scott/Jean/Logan was the worst thing to ever happen to all three characters, and the fact it was done for petty revenge on Jim Shooter and that he still can't let got of the whole Madelyne thing.

Mystique should be killed, or, at least, stay a loooooong time in jail. She's overused, but there's never anything really interesting done with her, and there's no reason why Cyclops or Magneto or literally anyone else wouldn't have killed a long time ago, specially considering how low powered she is.

Jean should never have been brought back after the DPS.

Xavier should have never been brought back when he first died, in the 60's.

Storm had two failures so colossal- first, not informing the rest of the X-men and the NM that they survived the encounter with the Adversary (Inferno probably would have been avoided), and then dealing with the Terrigen cloud- and adding that to the fact she chose to get married and leave the X-men right after M-Day of all times, that is hard to take seriously the idea of her running the X-men again like some fans want. And the same fans that want that would have wanted Scott killed if he did ONE of those three mistakes, let alone all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    I've already said this in other threads, but Emma taking over the HFC, which some celebrated, was a very stupid idea and a character regression, almost like Magneto begun to call his team Brotherhood of Evil Mutants. There's absolutely nothing she can do there she can't do in the X-men or anywhere else, and just leaves her in position to go back to be a villain again, since she's already back where she started. Judging by what happened in Rosenberg's run, looks like it will lead nowhere, and there's a good chance Hickman won't do anything with it at all and might even have Shaw alive and commanding the HFC, and good riddance, I say.
    So what you have done. At the time of Black, Emma had no friends, no family, every mutant she was once teammates with hates her and wants her dead or in jail, barely any money (just the backup accounts from Frost International). What would work that wouldn't feel like forcing her back with the X-Men?

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I don't think the X-men are her enemies. They have a complicated relationship but if she ever needs help they will help her. And there are people who like her, like Scott (together or not he likes her) and Beast.

I like Charles Xavier.
    I dislike no character (even Scott Summers).
    (I wonder if it has a cathartic effect. )

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    I like Charles Xavier.
    Oh!
    There are two of us now!

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Oh!
    There are two of us now!
    * Peck *
    Sorry!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    I was going to do a thread about this idea but

Kitty Pryde should not have existed.

1. Rogue, and then Rachel, takes her place as team ingenue.
    2. Rogue takes her place as Wolverine’s protege, cemented by their shared villainous past.
    3. Rogue takes her place as Colossus’s love interest, alluding to his taste in Bad GirlsTM, and putting her in a Cyke/Wolvie triangle when Gambit appears in the scene.
    4. Rachel takes her place as Storm’s “little sister”, with Storm wanting to support this similar-to-herself orphaned girl who's parents are dead and dead-inside.
    5. Rogue is a better, more interesting friend to Nightcrawler, given her history with blue people, and they discover their family bonds together.
    6. Rachel takes Kitty’s place as a practical computer hardware genius, giving her a skill outside of her mutation and showcasing the imbalance between her intellect and emotional stability.
    7. Rachel’s trauma and Illyana’s trauma makes them better, closer friends than Kitty & Illyana or Rachel & Kitty. Also slides into Rayana shippers.
    8. Rachel’s massive power levels and telepathy make her a stronger asset to the X-Men despite her youth, similarly to Kitty’s close brush with New Mutant admission.
    9. Eventually, Rachel is replaced by Psylocke as team psi... leading to potential rivalry and feelings of rejection when Psylocke proves to be The Coolest EverTM.
    10. Both Rogue and Rachel join Kurt in Excalibur; Meggan becomes a far different woman with Rogue and Rachel as her closest friends.
    11. Rachel’s love life now includes Doug Ramsey, Pete Wisdom, Star-Lord, Spider-Man, Iceman, etc.
    12. Rogue leads X-Men Gold.
    Wouldn't work. Kitty was created before Rogue and Phoenix.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    It’s also pretty anti-Semitic. Eliminating the first full blooded Jewish x-woman.
    Last edited by Shadowcat; 07-13-2019 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    I figured it was obvious the context I'm suggesting would omit Kitty's introduction, and insert Rogue's appearance at the School far earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    It’s also pretty anti-Semitic. Eliminating the first full blooded Jewish x-woman.
    Well, I did delete the original line 6: The Grey family is retconned to Reform Jewish, making JEAN the first full-blooded Jewish x-woman, and Rachel a Jewish survivor of a mutant Holocaust... Kitty's Jewishness is important, but I felt it was far more ornamental than narratively engaged. By making Rachel Jewish, she can engage that heritage and history head-on, when she reconnects with her mother's family over Shabbos dinner.
    Last edited by CRaymond; 07-13-2019 at 03:03 PM.

Controversial Opinion - Most pyrokinetics should be disturbed at the blood curdling screams that they might of had to hear from their opponents.

The more heroic their nature the more defense they should play, and their leaders should be mindful of this, and stratagem accordingly.

Match from the Academy X generation could be a good candidate to explore this dilemma.

It's why I struggle to appreciate Johnny Storm and Firestar (ouch, she microwaves people, people!)

Pyro and Sunfire kinda sorta get a pass as they are troubled by nature, which could be because of their power.

Magma does and should usually play defense, with barriers and so on.

Unpopular Opinion - less amateur dramatics in X-books Marvel, and more deep dives into powers, please.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    So what you have done. At the time of Black, Emma had no friends, no family, every mutant she was once teammates with hates her and wants her dead or in jail, barely any money (just the backup accounts from Frost International). What would work that wouldn't feel like forcing her back with the X-Men?
    Well, honestly, I'd have just forced her back into the X-Men. Handwave away all that IvX stuff because nobody liked it, get back to the Emma content people were actually fans of.

Here’s an controversial opinion...I think Ruth killed herself because she knew that the writers of disassembled and Rosenberg might be getting future X-titles.
    Last edited by jsg2295; 07-14-2019 at 12:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jsg2295 View Post
    Here’s an controversial opinion...I think Ruth killed herself because she knew that the writers of disassembled and Rosenberg might be getting future X-titles.
    More than likely the current X-writers will have some type of books in Wave 1, which sucks, in my opinion, since I think they're barely above fanfiction writers. I'm hoping Wave 2 will allow new, better talent to come in. Contracts must be up by the time Wave 2 begins itself. Perhaps DC will lend us some writers.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    More than likely the current X-writers will have some type of books in Wave 1, which sucks, in my opinion, since I think they're barely above fanfiction writers. I'm hoping Wave 2 will allow new, better talent to come in. Contracts must be up by the time Wave 2 begins itself. Perhaps DC will lend us some writers.
    Marvel has some good writers working there, besides Hickman- Ewing, Zub, Duggan, Zdarsky, etc. It's just nearly all of them weren't in the X-office.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Sadly. And when they have some good writers (Bunn most recently), they bog them down with ridiculous mandate & cancel their stuff. Meanwhile, the bad fanfic writers are the ones who always get to do with they want. Guggenheim, Pak, Rosenberg.