Page 169 of 662 FirstFirst ... 69119159165166167168169170171172173179219269 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,535 of 9924
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    It did though. ResurrXion was very female focused. With the exception of Iceman and arguably OML, the males took a backseat to the women. The women were the leads of those books I mentioned with the men being supporting players

I got a better sense of your vision but I dont think thats practical. The closest would be the all female squad from a few years ago and I wouldnt mind that again but I cant and dont want to see the franchise be all women with men popping up here and there
    I'll just say that I liked ResurrXion ALOT, but it wasn't necessarily big ambitious status-quo setting stories. HoxPox actually has a bit of what I'd like to see more of, with our mysterious heroine, Moira, being a big shaker and mover, but imagine that as an ongoing consistent thing with the vast catalogue of powerful women available.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Um, what?

Also: Charmed sucked.
    House of X #4 and kind of #3 too.

Also: Nuh uh.

BANNED

I have fantastic news: Jean having a rough time on the Orchis suicide mission in which every X-Man died does not devalue or decanonize X-Men Red or any other past story she or any character involved has ever had. Just because you personally didn't like how she was used or felt it was OOC does not indicate or justify a sweeping statement like that, it's just silly.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Imagine a world where only females carried the x-gene. X-Women aside, it would be very interesting.
    In the real world, we would legislate when these women could use their powers and force the most powerful ones to have babies for the state's military.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Um, what?

Also: Charmed sucked.
    Charmed reboot sucks.

Original Charmed is a masterpiece.
    "Cable was right!"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Charmed reboot sucks.

Oof. Metrics vary.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Cable's powers are nearly useless because of the virus. He needs the guns, otherwise he is just normal or sick. But Cable, Bishop and Hope usually don't use lethal guns.
    So by including Cable in the team, who for some reason can’t use his powers, we are equating (for kids) guns = superpowers? If he is sick or depowered why should he be on the team? Storm went through the same challenge in the 80s after losing her powers and she didn’t carry a gun. She doubled down on her character. Hope shot Cyclops eye out, with the intent to kill. She could have just used his own power against him... blasting the floor out from under him or something.

Anyway, the portrayal of guns in comics is not much different than previous eras that discovered cigarettes were being marketed to kids via cartoons (Joe Camel). We’ve got a real problem with assault rifles and gun culture in this country. I’m not saying comics are the cause but the positive reinforcement indoctrinates and contributes to gun culture. Seems like its time to give Cable his powers and other non-lethal tech toys back and ditch the gun.
    Last edited by HomoSuperior; 09-09-2019 at 12:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HomoSuperior View Post
    So by including Cable in the team, who for some reason can’t use his powers, we are equating (for kids) guns = superpowers? Hope shot Cyclops eye out, with the intent to kill. She could have just used his own power or something. Anyway, the portrayal of guns in comics is not much different than previous eras that discovered cigarettes were being marketed to kids via cartoons (Joe Camel). We’ve got a real problem with assault rifles and gun culture in this country. I’m not saying comics are the cause but it contributes to gun culture. Seems like its time to give Cable his powers back and ditch the gun.
    Hope didnt try to kill Scott! She wasnt even going to shoot him but Logan stabbed her which caused the gun to go off. That was an accident. And she couldnt have used his powers against him as he's immune to them

Phoenixzero wasnt equating guns to superpowers but rather a means to have an offensive form of combating. Bishop and Cable both use energy guns. Really what difference does it make if the energy comes from their weapon as opposed to fists? Its just a visual which serves a practical purpose given the limitations the characters have
    Last edited by Havok83; 09-09-2019 at 12:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Charmed reboot sucks.

Not unpopular with me. Why we aren't following phoebe's daughter right now i will never know. It would have lined up perfectly. -_-
    But i do like the new show. After a while it grows on you but i'm always left feeling. "wish og charmed had this budget."

And if it was diversity Phoebe's husband was a cupid, her kids could have literally been any race or all races. *Sigh*
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Jacket View Post
    * Characters derailement assassination : Everybody took a level in jerkass and cyclops or Xavier never really got better after the Morrison era.
    * Mutant Genocide : By killing 16 millions mutants in his first issue and by having the school being this huge it gave the idea that 1/ there was too many mutants for it to be manageable 2/ it's okay to kill/depower mutants it worked with Grant. M-Day is a direct consequence of NXM.
    * Thou shall kill : Xavier having a gun to headshot people, Cyclops giving a mercy kill coldly... the x-men became soldiers.
    * Darkness induced audience apathy : though there are numerous fun moments and bright spots, the comics was devoided of joy or personnal interraction outside of Emma/Scott/Jean/Logan. Beast biggest moments are faking a coming out and getting pummeled by beak. The aesop of the whole run seems to be 'it's okay to make out on your dead's wife grave, it'll save the world".

I'm aware not everything is Morrison's fault though, there was a lot of editorial mendate and I should have phrase I don't like his run, not the guy. ^^"
    Thank you for your answer! I had never thought about some of those points. I can definitely see the "paramilitary" and "darkness" aspects being blown out of proportion even since.

Honestly, I enjoy the fact that the X-Men are being pushed into a more militaristic direction. I never bought into the peaceful coexistence spiel of old. Why be patient with those that are trying to kill you for no reason. Being a minority, myself, I honestly came to agree with Magneto's premise and saw his methods as more of a attempt to show the other side of the mutant landscape: Either stop targeting us or we will fight back, and we WILL play for keeps. Looking at how minorities are being treated in the US currently, I see why Xavier's stance seems like a half-measure. Peace is ultimately attained by force.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Fang X View Post
    Peace is ultimately attained by force.
    Or strategic containment and disarmament.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Phoenixzero wasnt equating guns to superpowers but rather a means to have an offensive form of combating. Bishop and Cable both use energy guns. Really what difference does it make if the energy comes from their weapon as opposed to fists? Its just a visual which serves a practical purpose given the limitations the characters have
    Exactly.
    10char

BANNED

Barbra Streisand is annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    YES! YEEEES! YEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS! FAAAACTS. She can sing though. But personally i prefer Leona Lewis interpretation of "Somewhere"
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post

Yuuup.