Page 74 of 655 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884124174574 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 9824

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    honestly I can't think of a single character good enough for Jean.
    Richard Rider?

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    - Jubilee should have grown up to be a mainstay of the X-Men, not . . . whatever she is now. She has a unique personality, powerful mutant ability, and represents the X-Men's role as a surrogate family.
    RIGHT!!!!!!

She had the best character development as Wondra, and then they reverted her back to Jubilee the Vampire.

The Wondra stuff is gone & forgotten. Shame.

f0118a181d14f405bfe8357db8c00136.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    RIGHT!!!!!!

She had the best character development as Wondra, and then they reverted her back to Jubilee the Vampire.

The Wondra stuff is gone & forgotten. Shame.

f0118a181d14f405bfe8357db8c00136.jpg
    I just found out about Wondra a couple of days ago, now your post has me even more interested.

Mighty Member

I thought it would be best to say this: the original Days of Future Past story is overrated. Putting aside the fact it was only 2 issues, Days of Future Past suffers from various attempts at imitation across multiple books and media. It used to be a unique staple of the X-Men, but it now reads as the start of an overused cliche because of stories like Jason Aaron's Thor run, Here Comes Tomorrow, and All-New All-Different X-Men, it just ruined the value and charm for me.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I think the thing that would help the X-line as a whole is a break. End all the books, and let the property rest for at least 6-12 months. They have been doing the other approach of just putting our series on top of series for the last 3 decades with diminishing results. A short breather to just stop and come up with a new plan going forward could only help. After the break come back with new books with their own casts and purpose (and their own unique names and not this X-men "color" nonsense).

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I think the thing that would help the X-line as a whole is a break. End all the books, and let the property rest for at least 6-12 months. They have been doing the other approach of just putting our series on top of series for the last 3 decades with diminishing results. A short breather to just stop and come up with a new plan going forward could only help. After the break come back with new books with their own casts and purpose (and their own unique names and not this X-men "color" nonsense).
    So basically what they did with the FF? I wouldn't be entirely opposed to the idea.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSupernaut View Post
    So basically what they did with the FF? I wouldn't be entirely opposed to the idea.

I'd do what DC did with 52: run a series that focuses on lesser known characters and what happened under a time skip.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheSupernaut View Post
    They did it with Thor too, and it came back better than it had been in years.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Failure to allow characters to graduate the X-Men and move on with their lives (or deaths) has lead to stagnant storytelling using the same characters everytime while letting newer characters and the "students" languish as wallpaper or event fodder.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Failure to allow characters to graduate the X-Men and move on with their lives (or deaths) has lead to stagnant storytelling using the same characters everytime while letting newer characters and the "students" languish as wallpaper or event fodder.

Which is why I love and hate X-men and comic fans in general. They cry about staleness. Then when given new and even well-written characters, they **** on the new ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post

Which is why I love and hate X-men and comic fans in general. They cry about staleness. Then when given new and even well-written characters, they **** on the new ones.
    I would argue that those two groups are not the same people. But they're both large, and that can cause problems.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    Unpopular opinion:

BP/Storm was started by Claremont Tha God and nothing morally or socially repugnant enough has happened between them to say they shouldn't be a thing.
    agreed. they can work things out and have. in fact a lot of people ship for them. so curious to see if she makes it in bp2
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Yup. This is why I'll always champion putting the sliding timescale out of its misery.

BANNED

I'm sorry but the real answer is that there are other comics besides the X-Men, besides the Big 2.

You can't expect the X-Men to outgrow Wolverine, Storm, and Jean Grey just because you did.

They have to be there for the next generation. These icons don't come out every year.

You've gotta move on from X-Men if you don't want to read about the most popular characters more often than not.

Marvel needs to make a rule that if there already exists a character that can serve a necessary purpose in a given story then they must be used instead of making a new one.

And if a new one is made, they must be okay with the character dying at the drop of a hat.