Page 380 of 657 FirstFirst ... 280330370376377378379380381382383384390430480 ... LastLast
Results 5,686 to 5,700 of 9846

Quote Originally Posted by Kisinith View Post
    In keeping with the conversation on Jeans costumes, her only good costumes (other than Phoenix) were in red and gold. X-Factor, Dark Phoenix, the short lived red and gold phoenix all great, all of the others suck to various degrees. Her X-Men Red costume would be significantly better if the blue parts were changed to gold.
    I really hate the x-men red costume it's so horribly tacky. It's like if you take the gen x costume and made it chunkier and horrid. It's true that most of Jean's costume were bleak and ugly with the exception of 90's x-men gold, the one time displaced jean wore in her solo and new x-men costume. Personally I really like the new x-men era costumes because imo they're the perfect blend of superhero costume and street style.

Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    I really hate the x-men red costume it's so horribly tacky. It's like if you take the gen x costume and made it chunkier and horrid. It's true that most of Jean's costume were bleak and ugly with the exception of 90's x-men gold, the one time displaced jean wore in her solo and new x-men costume. Personally I really like the new x-men era costumes because imo they're the perfect blend of superhero costume and street style.
    ...You find the Red one tacky but the '90s one was good?

In hox when the crew all got resurrected and Storm was asking them how can she know for sure she's the real jean grey and jean answered with "I'm the only me that ever was Ororo" was a call back to inferno in uncanny #242 when Storm asked Jean is that you and she answers with "the only "me" that ever was". Jean is also wearing her first costume because it was the costume she wore when she died for the first time in phoenix sage, also the same reason why Monet was wearing her old x-factor costume despite getting several newer costumes after, it was what Monet was wearing when she died the first time so it's a nice little easter egg.
    Jean wasnt put back in her MG costume as a reference to Inferno. She didnt even wear it at any point in that story. That line in HOX 5 is a completely different issue. The line in question was Hickman writing "And while I’m not going to spoil the story for you, I will say go back and look at the most famous time she put this costume back on. That should help.” I dont think its been confirmed what he was referring to but most speculated that it was to the DPS finale which seems to fit

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    ...You find the Red one tacky but the '90s one was good?
    The X-men gold costume was iconic and for its era it was one of the best x-men of the decade. The costume also stands the test of time whereas for the x-men red costume it's the equivalent of genuinely going around sporting an 80's perm with the leg warmers, metallic leggings and leotard in 2020 and not as some costume.

BANNED

The 90s costume is absolutely awful. If it wasn't in the cartoon that editors grew up on, it would hardly be referenced.

WHAT is with the pants leg bubbles?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Jean wasnt put back in her MG costume as a reference to Inferno. She didnt even wear it at any point in that story. That line in HOX 5 is a completely different issue. The line in question was Hickman writing "And while I’m not going to spoil the story for you, I will say go back and look at the most famous time she put this costume back on. That should help.” I dont think its been confirmed what he was referring to but most speculated that it was to the DPS finale which seems to fit
    I never said any of that or claimed that Jean wore in the marvel girl costume in Inferno... I had two different point, the first one I was replying to someone asking what the line was and my adhd brain mixed up the wrong line because I was talking about that hox line at the same time somewhere else and accidentally put it in my reply. Anywho my point still stands, the first time Jean died was in dps while wearing the marvel girl costume and Jean was part of the first mutant death and resurrection on Krakoa so I think that's why he had Jean wear her marvel girl costume since the start of dawn of x.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    The 90s costume is absolutely awful. If it wasn't in the cartoon that editors grew up on, it would hardly be referenced.

WHAT is with the pants leg bubbles?
    when i was a child I thought they were air-bags, like the one in cars
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    when i was a child I thought they were air-bags, like the one in cars
    As good an explanation as any lmao

Astonishing Member

They are were outside pockets, like cargo pants have. Or to fit with the 90s theme, they were pouches.

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    They are were outside pockets, like cargo pants have. Or to fit with the 90s theme, they were pouches.
    Yup. There was an episode of TAS where Jean used some kind of device and put it in her leg pouch when she was done with it.

After Jean's return I would have liked to see something like the X-Men Blue uniform Polaris' team was sporting. Not to take away from Lorna, but Jean would have looked pretty good in something that resembled one of her most liked looks from New X-Men. Maybe something similar to this:

Quote Originally Posted by Peanutsinspace View Post
    Yup. There was an episode of TAS where Jean used some kind of device and put it in her leg pouch when she was done with it.

After Jean's return I would have liked to see something like the X-Men Blue uniform Polaris' team was sporting. Not to take away from Lorna, but Jean would have looked pretty good in something that resembled one of her most liked looks from New X-Men. Maybe something similar to this:

That looks great!!! I think Jean probably looked the best with the Morrison attire.

Incredible Member

the scott/logan/jean/emma poly thing is out of character
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

"Quit? Like hell I will"- Bette Kane, Beast Boy #3

BANNED

In hox when the crew all got resurrected and Storm was asking them how can she know for sure she's the real jean grey and jean answered with "I'm the only me that ever was Ororo" was a call back to inferno in uncanny #242 when Storm asked Jean is that you and she answers with "the only "me" that ever was". Jean is also wearing her first costume because it was the costume she wore when she died for the first time in phoenix sage, also the same reason why Monet was wearing her old x-factor costume despite getting several newer costumes after, it was what Monet was wearing when she died the first time so it's a nice little easter egg.
    Yeah that’s it. It was to obscure and nobody got it

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    He did later clarify on Twitter he was talking about the Phoenix saga but his Twitter has been deleted so I can’t link it

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukiakari1203 View Post
    the scott/logan/jean/emma poly thing is out of character
    That’s because it’s not happening and is just a running gag