Page 75 of 663 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985125175575 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 9936
    Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Striderblack01 View Post
    Sure.

I happen to think that:

1) “Living” in this instance meant being with Emma.
    2) Scott is so prone to dramatics, that if he’d walked away from Emma in that moment, he would’ve kept walking and never returned.

Which ultimately still makes it his fault, but the reason is different (I.e. not ‘to hell with my dead wife’).
    Living could absolutely meant being with Emma, WITHOUT kissing her on Jean's grave. Her being named a "sacred cow" in the very next issue on the debut run by an extremely popular team doesn't leave a great taste either.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Marvel needs to make a rule that if there already exists a character that can serve a necessary purpose in a given story then they must be used instead of making a new one.

And if a new one is made, they must be okay with the character dying at the drop of a hat.
    Or at the very least it'd be nice of editors kept track of characters, their histories, and powers. That way they could offer alternatives to the insistence on creating newer characters.

On one hand you don't want a writer to feel restricted or boxed in, however since I started reading comics I can't express how often I've thought how much better or well rounded specific stories would be, if the most minimalistic effort was put into utilizing pre-existing characters in place of random author inserted character who'll be forgotten or limbo'ed after said run.

But this is all dependent on long term planning less those same characters be written completely OOC or contrary to all the characteristics their associated in order to force them into a role they are/we're not equipped to be in.
    Last edited by Celestialbodies; 10-18-2018 at 06:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    Unpopular opinion:

BP/Storm was started by Claremont Tha God and nothing morally or socially repugnant enough has happened between them to say they shouldn't be a thing.
    Since when is this an unpopular opinion?

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Since when is this an unpopular opinion?
    there is actually a population of storm and BP fans on cbr who dont like them together. mainly revolving around eitherhudlin marrying them, the subsequent annulment, and/or her pairing with wolverine.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Not only is Jean a witch, but it seems like that extends to her daughter, too. Funny how the only Summers kids who turn out amiable are Ruby & Cable.
    Rant
    Jean really is the worst character in Marvel, isn't she?
    Scemma forever Triangle never.
    Scott needs an alpha female like Bettsy.
    What woman wouldn't be attracted to Scott? He's 100% alpha male who tells the Avengers to go f*#& themselves.
    I want cyclops back free from any ginger women to be his own man.
    Logically..
    TeenClops should have lusted for Emma & Cuckoos. Especially Stepford Cuckoos! They're teenage triplet clones of his hottest ex, how could he not be?
    End of rant

I lowkey enjoyed X-Men Origins: Wolverine. pls don't attack me
    I'm the moonshield

Spectacular Member

This should be fun:
    I think Cable is over-rated.
    Jubilee is a bad Dazzler knock-of whose longevity bewilders me.
    The 90s X-men cartoon sucked should be irrelevant to how fans view the X-verse....
    I think the name Jean Grey makes the character seem boring.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reb View Post
    Me, too *ducks*

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Reb View Post
    That's.....wow! I honestly thought that could be the one movie that united humanity in hating it.

Cable, Bishop, and X-Man are conceptually bad characters, adult Jean Grey should've never returned, the 90's costumes aren't good, and Colossus has not been interesting enough after years and years to justify his return. I only think #3 out of these is actually controversial.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

The Phoenix: The Untold Story ending is superior in every way.

For intents and purposes, Wolverine died in 1993.

Cyclops sucks.

Beast is awesome! And too good for the X-Books.

Kitty is the best there ever was.

Iceman is straight. And Opal was the best thing he ever had in his life.

Both Magneto and Xavier are right.

Bishop should have died during Onslaught.

Deadpool is horrible. Movies: meh.

Apocalypse is the second worst villain ever created.

The X-Men accepting Rogue was a mistake.

Carol should have become a permanent member.

Maddie was always a horrible thing.

Emma's tears after the Hellions were crocodile.

The Scott/Emma thing will always be a Freakshow.

Turning Emma remotely good was a mistake.

I'll think of more later.
    Last edited by MyriVerse; 11-20-2018 at 07:22 AM.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by oldscottsummers View Post
    Not only is Jean a witch, but it seems like that extends to her daughter, too. Funny how the only Summers kids who turn out amiable are Ruby & Cable.
    Really great all the love Cyclops fans give for Jean and Rachel.

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Deadpool is horrible. Movies: meh.
    Hmm. Old school tastes by the looks of it, but I will agree with you here all day!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

I want to do something different. I'll look at my old posts and see if anything has changed.

Unpopular opinions huh ?Here goes nothing.
    I think x-men, x2:x-men united and the wolverine are really overrated movies.

X-Men:What a lackluster movie. Overly complicated plot which is full of plotholes. Terrible action. Absolutely terrible fight choreography. Not that deep as it thinks it is. Pretty mediocre overall.

X2:X-Men United:Massive improvement on the first. Better in everything. But again not as deep as it thinks it is. Solid movie ? Yes. But one of the best comic book movies ever made ? Not even close. Probably wouldn't even crack my top 20 list.

The Wolverine:Just plain boring. Remember how I said that the first two movies aren't as deep as they think they are ? Well at least they had some good ideas (which could have been better executed). This one tries to be deep and ends up being superdumb. They want me to see that wolverine is a tortured soul. All I see is an *******. (I have taken an oath never to kill again, but a dead bear is enough to break my oath-wolverine)

I also think that not every x-men needs to be an expert in h2h skills. Especially not Storm. She's already crazy powerful. As far as I can remember, there are only three characters that need to be martial arts/h2h experts:Cyclops, Magik and Psylocke.And maybe Nightcrawler. For other characters basic defense skills are enough.

I also don't think there should be any omega level mutant on team apart from Magneto and Professor X. It makes stories boring if the powers are used efficiently and creates plotholes otherwise(See:Storm in extraordinary x-men).

Now this is going like I hate Storm or something (fact:I don't) but a powerless Storm can never and more importantly should't be able to defeat Cyclops.

I think The Wolverine is worse than Origins:Wolverine.

I think it's pathetic excuse when fans say x-men movies are superior than mcu because they are deep.

It makes my skin crawl whenever Wolverine says "nobody knows you like I do" to whichever character. And also whenever he says 'Jeanie'.

I like Emma Frost more than Jean Grey. At least for now.
    This hasn't so much changed, more like the way I think about overrated/underrated. I don't believe in the concept of overrated/underrated anymore. I don't think it's possible for movies/tv shows/comics/books etc. to be overrated/underrated. How could it be if overall these things are supposed to be subjective? How can it be if there is no objective merit?

X2 isn't a massive improvement. It's better, but not by much. It's not a solid movie.

Emma and Jean are more or less even to me now.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I'm starting to dislike how the X-men handle leadership. It's amazing to have your favorite character on the spotlight but i feel like it makes everything feel smaller.
    the leader should be important but she/he shouldn't be the most important thing on the book. the story, the cast and the interactions between them are what matters.

It was better how it was before Morrison and Cyclops huge push. the teams felt like teams, the leader was just a tactical advisor and everybody was important. I miss that.

A few more:

It breaks my heart whenever someone says they prefer Jean with Wolverine than Scott. It really does.

People need to let go of the whole 'Scott leaving Maddie and his kid' thing. Seriously just stop.

On a related not, it's not a good excuse to hate him. Other characters have done worse things.

Wolverine's past is not that horrible.

X-men are basically soap opera with superheroes. And I like that.

Kitty should never have grown up.

Magneto is a terrorist. Plain and simple.

Any x-men who calls Cyclops a hypocrite automatically becomes a hypocrite.

I don't want a reboot of the movies, but if it happened I wouldn't mind much.

I have a sick fantasy. I want an issue where Spider-man beats the living **** out of Wolverine. (If it already exists, please tell me.)

Wolverine is totally not the best there is at what he does.
    It doesn't break my heart anymore. Maybe I've become numb. But now I'm like, whatever.

That would be an exaggeration. While there are many soap opera-like elements, calling it "basically soap opera with superheroes" wouldn't be right.

I'm fine with grown up Kitty.

No, Magneto is not a terrorist. He has done some inexcusable things though.

I most definitely want a reboot of the movies.