Page 119 of 655 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129169219619 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 9824
    Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Perhaps Maddie shouldn't have been created but the means to which they ended her relationship with Scott was a cure that was worse than the disease.

Also, Claremont only created Maddie because Marvel insisted on Jean staying dead at the time only to renege on that later. So really, the whole mess is editorial's fault.
    The mess was editorial's fault... for allowing her creation in the first place. Should have said no to CC right there and either tell him his pet character can't be the leader, or simply let another writer handle Scott.

BANNED

The Morrison and Whedon eras are long over, this stuff is almost two decades old.

At this point Emma and Scemma are nostalgia lol, their fans just haven't realized it yet. (or don't want to accept it)

Quote Originally Posted by CuteNimrod View Post
    The Morrison and Whedon eras are long over, this stuff is almost two decades old.

At this point Emma and Scemma are nostalgia lol, their fans just haven't realized it yet. (or don't want to accept it)
    And yet Jean fans can't seem to grasp that fact. Bitter maybe?

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Yep. Scott and Jean haven't been together for 15 years (and maybe still won't, we don't know exactly what Hickman is doing, or even how he'll treat relationships) and yet those same fans can't stop whining.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    For Jean it's still one of the most recent things in her history. Uncanny 22 a couple weeks ago was the first time she and Scemma have interacted since she was dead.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I don’t think he’s terrible but I can do without him and the character entirely.
    Me too. Deadpool is just an awful character and I don’t like that he’s linked to the X-Men.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Yep. Scott and Jean haven't been together for 15 years (and maybe still won't, we don't know exactly what Hickman is doing, or even how he'll treat relationships) and yet those same fans can't stop whining.
    It's almost like Jean and Scott have been being shipteased since the teens came to the present in 2012/2013 or something.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    For Jean it's still one of the most recent things in her history. Uncanny 22 a couple weeks ago was the first time she and Scemma have interacted since she was dead.
    Well life didn't continued for Jean or Jean fans. it is funny that keeping Jean dead instead of helping Scemma, buried it LOL

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

I think the human/mutant relations is portrayed as a little too backwards/non-progressive, perhaps more than it should. I realize the X-Men were created to serve as a parallel to the Civil Rights Movement and persecuted minorities in 1963, but on the other hand, we're not in 1963 anymore and, at the very least, I think it's reasonable enough to say that the world in 2019 isn't quite the same as it was in 1963.

Yes, there's still hatred in 2019. Yes, there's still racism in 2019. Yes, there's still scapegoating of groups of various backgrounds to the point of suffering in 2019. I'm not denying any of that. At the same time though, considering how there are quite a few successful celebrities of minority backgrounds, such as black actors, black athletes, black comedians, black musicians that are popular and beloved by the public by and large, as well as black politicians, and America in 2019 just being in a distinctly different place than how it was in 1963, all aspects considered overall and kept in mind, then I'd like to see a shake-up in the human/mutant dynamic in the series.

I'm definitely not saying to get rid of the minority persecution aspect of the series, as black celebrities don't always have it peachy keen either. I guess I just think that having a more "human-embracing" aspect towards mutants in addition would make for a more interesting shake-up in the current status quo, which at many times can seem to pigeonhole mutants as seemingly being only destined to suffer. As well as it how it help the series be more interestingly progressive rather than uninterestingly (and perhaps over-depressingly) regressive.
    Last edited by Electricmastro; 08-05-2019 at 08:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    I think the human/mutant relations is portrayed as a little too backwards/non-progressive, perhaps more than it should. I realize the X-Men were created to serve as a parallel to the Civil Rights Movement and persecuted minorities in 1963, but on the other hand, we're not in 1963 anymore and, at the very least, I think it's reasonable enough to say that the world in 2019 isn't quite the same as it was in 1963.

Yes, there's still hatred in 2019. Yes, there's still racism in 2019. Yes, there's still scapegoating of groups of various backgrounds to the point of suffering. I'm not denying any of that. At the same time though, considering how there are quite a few successful celebrities of minority backgrounds, such as black actors, black athletes, black comedians, black musicians that are popular and beloved by the public by and large, as well as black politicians, and America in 2019 just being in a distinctly different place than how it was in 1963, all aspects considered overall, then I'd like to see a change up in the overall with the human/mutant dynamic in the series with that in mind.

I'm definitely not saying to get rid of the minority persecution aspect of the series, as black celebrities don't always have it peachy keen either. I guess I just think that having a more "human-embracing" aspect towards mutants in addition would make for a more interesting shake-up in the current status quo, which at many times can seem to pigeonhole mutants as seemingly being only destined to suffer.
    IA. Mutant issues hasnt really evolved with the changing landscape we live in. I think the most progressive its ever been was in the Morrison era but Marvel regressed from that pretty fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    IA. Mutant issues hasnt really evolved with the changing landscape we live in. I think the most progressive its ever been was in the Morrison era but Marvel regressed from that pretty fast.
    The fundamental issue with that is a lot of the extinction plots make little to no sense if normal people were actually supportive in decent amounts. There would be outcry, outreach, and logistical problems to tackle. The ONE wouldn't just be able to deploy sentinels in the middle of Manhattan without a huge PR fiasco. You need the mutants to be utterly hated to make extinction plots work, and that's the only story to tell these days (outside of time travel or mind controlled teammate plots, obviously).

The posters saying that Logan is not good or overrated, you have officially hurt my feelings lol. Definitely a controversial opinion in my eyes, that movie had more effect on me than any other film I've ever seen, probably ever will.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    The posters saying that Logan is not good or overrated, you have officially hurt my feelings lol. Definitely a controversial opinion in my eyes, that movie had more effect on me than any other film I've ever seen, probably ever will.
    I know, right? The only other movie that have me as emotionally exhausted at the end is Return of the King, and both have me bawling my eyes out at the end no matter how many times I see them (still hoping Feige brings Daf-23 over to the MCU, especially if His Dark Materials hits the ground running and silences the naysayers who doubt she can hold a lead role).

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    The mess was editorial's fault... for allowing her creation in the first place. Should have said no to CC right there and either tell him his pet character can't be the leader, or simply let another writer handle Scott.
    The latter is what they did with X-Factor and it's what caused the whole mess to begin with.

Claremont having Scott retire and Storm take up is leader wasn't an issue and if Marvel had been patient, Scott would have been back as leader later on. They picked the worst possible way to bring him back.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I know, right? The only other movie that have me as emotionally exhausted at the end is Return of the King, and both have me bawling my eyes out at the end no matter how many times I see them (still hoping Feige brings Daf-23 over to the MCU, especially if His Dark Materials hits the ground running and silences the naysayers who doubt she can hold a lead role).
    I've never cried like that at a movie before, or felt connected to a film like I did with Logan. I loved X2 and DoFP, they inspired me to get into comics and continue the hobby, Logan was just on another level though. I can't explain it because outside of real life I've never felt that strong of an emotion.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.